Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

I hope Chammy and Pro are working on it and will surprise us soon.

I hope so to :bounce3:

CSM2 weapon sounds for P:UKF Weapons Pack are available for download from the following location.

There are versions for both ArmA 2 and CO/OA.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Linked P:UKF Weapons Pack

CSM2 weapon sounds for P:UKF Weapons Pack are available for download from the following location.

There are versions for both ArmA 2 and CO/OA.

Protegimus

Big improvement on the sounds and great features. Couple of comments:

1. While not every shot sounding exactly the same is desirable, in my opinion the variation from shot to shot can be far too great with this mod (if my rifle made such a wild variation in sound from one shot to next I would think something had gone very wrong). Also, there is one variation of the automatic shot that has a three-round distant echo, even if you only fire one or two rounds, which can be a bit odd in addition to the shot-to-shot variation itself.

2. Love the Susat zeroing feature, but the zero seems to be a bit off. 300m zero seems closer to a 400m zero.

Big improvement on the sounds and great features. Couple of comments:

1. While not every shot sounding exactly the same is desirable, in my opinion the variation from shot to shot can be far too great with this mod (if my rifle made such a wild variation in sound from one shot to next I would think something had gone very wrong). Also, there is one variation of the automatic shot that has a three-round distant echo, even if you only fire one or two rounds, which can be a bit odd in addition to the shot-to-shot variation itself.

Thanks and yes the weapon sounds vary deliberately.

If you listen to any half decent footage of a firefight (or just drive to your nearest range) you will notice that the weapon does not sound exactly the same for every shot fired. Some experts (and some walts) post their opinion that it's overdone, but I actually prefer the variation as it helps prevent the sounds from becoming stale given the number of times they are repeated.

I was going to separate the different samples for the weapon variations in the pack, but I enjoyed using them so much I decided to pretty much leave them all in.

Technically, it helps prevent the phasing that can be a problem with ArmA 2 and is perfectly reasonable given the variation in firing sounds from the same weapon such as in the footage referred to above.

2. Love the Susat zeroing feature, but the zero seems to be a bit off. 300m zero seems closer to a 400m zero.

You're probably right, though I haven't changed the SUSAT zero from what P:UKF set it at and the inconsistency appears worse in CO/OA than it was in ArmA 2.

We'll see what we get with BAF before doing any more work on UKF stuff. It is possible to accurately zero it, but it would take some work to test it out.

Protegimus

Thanks and yes the weapon sounds vary deliberately.

If you listen to any half decent footage of a firefight (or just drive to your nearest range) you will notice that the weapon does not sound exactly the same for every shot fired. Some experts (and some walts) post their opinion that it's overdone, but I actually prefer the variation as it helps prevent the sounds from becoming stale given the number of times they are repeated.

I was going to separate the different samples for the weapon variations in the pack, but I enjoyed using them so much I decided to pretty much leave them all in.

Technically, it helps prevent the phasing that can be a problem with ArmA 2 and is perfectly reasonable given the variation in firing sounds from the same weapon such as in the footage referred to above.

Oh I agree, and have spent plenty of time on the range. Like I said, it is odd from the first person perspective, not odd in the overall atmosphere of a firefight, and really I think it is just maybe one sound that is of a totally different character than the others. Reminds me of a squib or something. That said, all the sounds are absolutely superb.

Edited by akd42

Nice job thanks for the update!

I liked the old PKM sound more though and the MK17 models have weird sound but I guess CSM2OA is not finished yet since Pro didn't announce it here.

Edited by BlackLord

Oh I agree, and have spent plenty of time on the range. Like I said, it is odd from the first person perspective, not odd in the overall atmosphere of a firefight, and really I think it is just maybe one sound that is of a totally different character than the others. Reminds me of a squib or something. That said, all the sounds are absolutely superb.

Yeah, fair comment for first person perspective for a single firer. To put it into context I almost always play multi-player with anything from 10-40 guys on the server, so there are always other shooters nearby.

It's early days and I still haven't had the opportunity to do a UKF mission with a decent number of human players - we'll see how it pans out.

Appreciate the videos you posted here, some great footage, know of any more?

Protegimus

hey , can you change the scar-h sound ? because (in real life) scar-h have the same sound of a scar-L but it's a little bit heavy . in the udapte i've donwload yesterday the scar-H have m110 AO vanilla sound

edit : oups sorry i forgot to send you the link :

Edited by M1n1d0u

Yeah, fair comment for first person perspective for a single firer. To put it into context I almost always play multi-player with anything from 10-40 guys on the server, so there are always other shooters nearby.

It's early days and I still haven't had the opportunity to do a UKF mission with a decent number of human players - we'll see how it pans out.

Appreciate the videos you posted here, some great footage, know of any more?

Protegimus

So few with decent sound quality and without added music.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d54_1246838158

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bbd_1231963429

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e5f_1238051648

Please could you upload them somewhere else.

The @CSM2OA.7z file is unreachable in Russia.

Regards,

CHELENTANO

There's a lot of talk about sound-variation here, but for me, each gunshot sounds the same (for that weapon that is), except for some weapons where some magazines have a different sound. Is this how it's supposed to be? Or is there something wrong? is it because I don't use ACE?

after para sound can you make scar-h sound for me ? protegimus please :)

@Protegimus: will you get the BAF DLC? If so, will you make a replacement config featuring your british weapon sounds? :)

after installing the new patch csm2 is no longer working properly the AK sounds for CO are back to vanilla sound. can you check this out when you have time I have CO arma2

)rStrangelove;1730298']@Protegimus: will you get the BAF DLC? If so' date=' will you make a replacement config featuring your british weapon sounds? :)[/quote']

I agree, that would be very nice!

Oh that's a shame I misread and actually thought these were replacements for the British DLC pack.

Would be nice to have replacements for the brit DLC weapons.

CSM2: British Armed Forces are

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkMPDGd82Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkMPDGd82Q?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CSM2: British Armed Forces are coming

Great vid. Quick question: I notice that the Wildcat 20mm has some great impact sounds. Are these stock or did you add your own? Since I updated to 1.54/BAF, auto-cannon impacts/explosions (like Wildcat, Warrior, Bradley, etc.) are either missing or barely audible, and I'm wondering if it is just me.

Also, the explosion sounds in general are awesome and have great distance effects, but them seem off on their distance scaling for volume. To take an example from your video, the SPG/RPG round that you take a direct hit from sounds a few hundred meters away. Not much sense of "shell shock" when HE is delivered very close to the player.

Edited by akd42

it sound AWESOME!

Sry for ask and not search, but can somebody giveme a link for the last version of this addon?