Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Nice, glad to see/hear it :)

BTW will this be just a pack of modular PBO'd for DLC only so we can merge into other soundmixes?

Sounds good.

How did you disable the CROSSHAIRS ?

Because It doesn't look like you're playing on Expert or running ACE, And i want to be able to disable the crosshairs no mater what difficulty i play.

Here you have nice sound of the British rifle:

Something very odd about the sound in that vid...

I think maybe the sound was recorded from a different position than the camera, or its levels are just a lot lower than the rest of the video. Sounds like shots heard with ear protection on.

Edited by akd42

Someone help plz, i want to add the bullet hit sound from JRS mod but want to keep all other CSM2 sound which file should i change?

CSM2 Sounds for ArmA 2: British Armed Forces weapons version: 0.1 is released.

Devil_Dogs_SF/fidai:

CSM2_c_Ammo.pbo

CSM2_s_Ammo.pbo

Explosions, Snaps and Impact Sounds: Explosion, supersonic bullet cracks and

impact sounds

Protegimus

Thanks Zipper5, fixed and a hotfix is available.

A full download version: 0.1a is available for those that don't yet have it.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Hotfix availability notification

Hi Protegimus,

You asked for BAF module feedback in this thread, so here are some comments:

First, there is a BIS issue where auto-cannon explosion sounds are inaudible. You added new explosion sounds for the CTWS, but myself and at least some others are not able to appreciate them. CIT report here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13362

Not sure if it something you want to look at or leave for BIS.

Another BIS issue is that the AH11 Wildcat's 20mm cannon is using the GPMG firing sound.

Some other observations specific to BAF module:

-Warrior co-ax 7.62 chaingun is as loud or louder than 40mm CTWS.

-GMG sounds strange/very synthetic when firing full-auto.

-L115A3 sound is nice, but seems quiet relative to others.

Some comments I believe general to CSM2:

-some explosions have falling dirt/debris sound that is audible at long range and detracts from the distance effect. Examples of this are 40mm grenade explosions and one of the vehicle secondary explosion effects. These can be hundreds of meters away, but the sound of dirt falling nearby is still audible.

In general I question the inclusion of these debris falling sounds because 1. if you are close enough to the explosion to receive falling debris, the sound of the explosion and its aftereffects would likely overwhelm your perception of this sound, and 2. if the explosion were large enough to throw debris hundreds of meters away, then the debris falling sound should be sourced locally, not sound like it is coming from the distant explosion site.

-I mentioned RPG explosions as an example of an effect that sounds far away even very close. I came upon another example of explosion scaling that seems somewhat inconsistent. I got into a close range fight with a PK and started tossing grenades. The grenade explosions nearby the guy with the PK were far quieter than than PK firing sound. In general, it seems that the sounds of guns firing nearby are much louder than that of explosions, despite involving many orders less energy. I can very tangibly feel the difference between close and far gunshots (which is one of the greatest things about CSM2), yet I often find myself thinking nearby explosions are much farther away than they really are and losing situational awareness as a consequence.

Thanks again for the most realistic sound mod out there for Arma2. Really looking forward to your ongoing work.

CSM2 = sounds for mainly arma2 and its guns/vehicles etc etc etc

CSM2OA = All sound for SCARS and things introduced with OA

CSM BAF = for weapons sounds of the DLC.

So all if you have all, or only what you do have :)

Is I read this back I start to question myself, I cant remember if CSM2OA included CSM2 + OA extras .... DOH!

Edited by mrcash2009

Devil Dogs SF: for CO/OA you only need CSM2OA.

I finally got round to fixing the AH-64 M230 dependency error in CSM2OA, so the updated download is worthwhile.

akd42: Thanks for the detailed feedback, appreciated.

I've added M621 20mm sound to the v0.1a BAF pack, it's a placeholder for now, but it's still an improvement on the default M240 sound.

I'm not completely happy with the CTWS sound, so I'll probably address that too at some point.

The L115A3 is improved, matching the volume level with new variations.

40mm grenade explosions have some new variations which improve those too.

Other comments noted, GMG is a function of the high rate of fire so I'll have to edit that to suite.

Protegimus

you forgot our demand to improve M4 sound ? snif please make me happy again (M249 sound ;)

Devil Dogs SF: for CO/OA you only need CSM2OA.

I finally got round to fixing the AH-64 M230 dependency error in CSM2OA, so the updated download is worthwhile.

akd42: Thanks for the detailed feedback, appreciated.

I've added M621 20mm sound to the v0.1a BAF pack, it's a placeholder for now, but it's still an improvement on the default M240 sound.

I'm not completely happy with the CTWS sound, so I'll probably address that too at some point.

The L115A3 is improved, matching the volume level with new variations.

40mm grenade explosions have some new variations which improve those too.

Other comments noted, GMG is a function of the high rate of fire so I'll have to edit that to suite.

Protegimus

You rock, sir. :yay: