Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I was just looking at the cd cover this evening and it something like dedicated server recommended for Multiplayer games with more than 8 players so if they are shipping with this written on the cover WTF. then last night while playing I just could not hold myself together when I held back as a sniper and then got caught with the 225 metre tether what f###n sort of sniper gets to within 225 mtrs of a firefight.

What does the tether do exactly? Do you get dragged along with the team leader or does it kill you?

What does the tether do exactly? Do you get dragged along with the team leader or does it kill you?

Not sure, but it flashed up on me the other day, so i ran to catch up for fear of being booted off.

Im guesing it only come up on coop missions...?

So why are there no dedicated servers out there?

this game wont last i tels ya, unless they get some servers going.

is there an official one?

Looks like there's a really good game comming out soon. Check out the E3 vid of it

I hope they don't gut it and release a 10th of what they promise in this video, 'cause it looks really good.

Not sure, but it flashed up on me the other day, so i ran to catch up for fear of being booted off.

Im guesing it only come up on coop missions...?

So why are there no dedicated servers out there?

this game wont last i tels ya, unless they get some servers going.

is there an official one?

no dedicated servers is already know from before the game release, and CM didnt intented to write one in near future for sure

Sorry, I just cannot resist myself:D

operationfailpoint.th.jpg

Edited by 4 IN 1

I hope they don't gut it and release a 10th of what they promise in this video, 'cause it looks really good.

The vegetation quality, diversity and density is very nice in this video... all in-game asset they say. with the shaders on it's going to be even better.

The faces look like Crysis too, and they put great effort into making as many of them different so you don't have the clone effect you get in other games.

Add to that the super detailled cockpit, free-roaming island, multi-staged particles effects, realitic weapons, tons of animated parts, hatches, doors... a shitload of vehicles. Man this is going to be so good.

Edit : and apparently it's got great physics too (no wonder, it's an award winning rally engine they use ! not an outdated 2001 engine...)

Edited by EricM

Wait... did we just go back in time 12 months?!?! :j:

Wait... did we just go back in time 12 months?!?! :j:

Ya, back to the future...it's frightening !

No, just a joke on how great it was claimed to be one year ago. With retrospect, CM video is so cruel to what the Game is now...

I dig their target renders... too bad they missed the target.

Edited by EricM

Ok I just had to post this little gem. IMO I give this game 6 months and then it will be off the radar

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391438

And the legend in is own life time

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5783805&postcount=4

Brain washed

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5785085&postcount=29

There is only one word for that thread!

Delusional

:smash:

2/4

No, just a joke on how great it was claimed to be one year ago. With retrospect, CM video is so cruel to what the Game is now...

I dig their target renders... too bad they missed the target.

They did more than miss the target, they hit their own guys in the process causing a wonderful blue-on-blue moment. I love how all their PR crap is coming back to bite them in the bobby danglers.

Funny how that Viiper guy says that CM never made any promises and then goes on with asking for references to texts or videos of CM promise people anything.

What about the name? What about everything they said about OFP2 that it will be the sequel to the amazing OFP1? What about all cgi videos and rendered images that most kids and gullible people think is the real deal? Heck i almost fell for the first ever image they showed (2 soldiers from the back looking over a field). Another image was released and i understood it was renders (or FAKE's in modern terms).

Hope it makes some people happy though. People that have spent all that time waiting for it hoping it would be a great combat FPS.

Is Viiiper still being the ultimate fanboy? Even the Sir Polaris the leader of the Heroes and the biggest cheerleader said the game is crap.

Viiiper is the captain of the Titanic isn't he?

Just glad he took off the false hope of his 'Mod Group' sig. It's unfortunate that the younger members will think that this half-assed, closed, uber-hyped game is sooo awesome. Yup. Cut off everything that made OFP1 great, slick up the graphics, and you have some thing EVEN BETTER!

Ya, right.

We should be thankfull that we are on the right side of the tracks/game

Viiper's not that bad, Space is the ultimate fanboy, just like Eth is our ultimate fanboy. Say one word wrong about their game, true or not, and all hell breaks lose.... try it, it's fun :)

I find it so funny that no one is really posting at the CM forums other than trolls and people that are pissed about falling for the hype because the game was marketed as the "sequel" and "OFP2" up until six months ago.

Now we can let this thread die and serve as a simple reminder of WE TOLD YOU SO! haahhaahhaa

Viiper's not that bad, Space is the ultimate fanboy, just like Eth is our ultimate fanboy. Say one word wrong about their game, true or not, and all hell breaks lose.... try it, it's fun :)

In a word : Bullshit!

I've criticized OFP/A1/A2 plenty, now and in the past (to the point of moderator intervention).

I debated certain ArmA topics into the ground with some of the real "fanboys" in years past so I suggest that you stop making assumptions about my loyalties.

I just get sick of the same old "It doesn't work for me so it doesn't work and everyone who says different is a **&^@&^" nonsense.

Do I like A2, sure I do, but I'm well aware of it's flaws and limitations.

As far as DR goes, it was a lie from the beginning. Many of us were hoping it would be competition for A2. Long story short, it wasn't.

If BIS had used the kind of blatantly false advertising and marketing that CM have used, I wouldn't defend them either.

Bottom line, I'm no fanboy, and if BIS does something that annoys me, you'll hear about it.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

I've criticized OFP/A1/A2 plenty, now and in the past (to the point of moderator intervention).

I just get sick of the same old "It's doesn't work for me so it doesn't work and everyone who says different is a **&^@&^" nonsense.

Do I like A2, sure I do, but I'm well aware of it's flaws and limitations.

As far as DR goes, it was a lie from the beginning that many of us were hoping would be competition for A2. Long story short, it wasn't.

If BIS had used the kind of blatantly false advertising and marketing that CM have used, I wouldn't defend them either.

Bottom line, I'm no fanboy, and if BIS does something that annoys me, you'll hear about it.

Eth

I can attest to this :D

I remember Ethne's rather harsh but honest criticism of Arma to the point where I thought he was trolling but then realized that he just says it as it is.

I can attest to this :D

I remember Ethne's rather harsh but honest criticism of Arma to the point where I thought he was trolling but then realized that he just says it as it is.

Thanks mate :)

I object to people assailing my character before availing themselves of the facts.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Less ppl viewing DR forums the last week than ARMA2 for pc atleast.

For a game that is meant to bring in cod, battlefield and mil-sim fans *cough* it must not be doing too well.

And i can only imagine how many ppl don't have legit copies because of poor copy protection

Edited by vasmkd

Less ppl viewing DR forums the last week than ARMA2 for pc atleast.

For a game that is meant to bring in cod, battlefield and mil-sim fans *cough* it must not be doing too well.

Just wait until MW2 releases on Nov 13th.

Obviously if it had a dedi it would have been a 100% trouncing but even without the dedi (let's face it, DR doesn't have one either), the "ADD instant grat" kiddies will abandoning DR in droves.

DR had it's 15 minutes and no amount of DLC etc will prolong that. Just another mediocre shooter that will pass on into obscurity.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Now lets join forces and make Arma2, from a modding/community standpoint, an easier game to transition to. I have seen a lot of people that said screw DR and bought Arma2, but find the steep learning curve to much. I would like to some servers running smaller maps that focus on p2p and co-op battles of the 64+ kind. Also, to see more n00b friendly communities/clans/units to help set people up with fixes to their PC problems.