Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Now lets join forces and make Arma2, from a modding/community standpoint, an easier game to transition to. I have seen a lot of people that said screw DR and bought Arma2, but find the steep learning curve to much. I would like to some servers running smaller maps that focus on p2p and co-op battles of the 64+ kind. Also, to see more n00b friendly communities/clans/units to help set people up with fixes to their PC problems.

It's all about getting involved with a group who play regularly. My best experiences have always been with the group I have played with for many years.

Unfortunately, the sheer abundance of idiots has made us reluctant to take on new players as when we have in the past, it has turned out badly.

I agree with you though, it would be nice if there was a "shallow end" as it were. Conversely, the "shallow end" attracts the type of player that would be better served by staying over at CoD, BF2 et al.

It's quite the double edged sword.

Eth

Just wait until MW2 releases on Nov 7th.

Obviously if it had a dedi it would have been a 100% trouncing but even without the dedi (let's face it, DR doesn't have one either), the "ADD instant grat" kiddies will abandoning DR in droves.

DR had it's 15 minutes and no amount of DLC etc will prolong that. Just another mediocre shooter that will pass on into obscurity.

Eth

Agree 100% with you ethne

I honestly think they would have done ok if they didn't call it OFP and the sequal. The dedi, lies and non-delivered promises were the icing on the fail cake

Hope they learn their lesson as i have 2 racing games i like & play from CM (DIRT and GRID)

Agree 100% with you ethne

I honestly think they would have done ok if they didn't call it OFP and the sequal. The dedi, lies and non-delivered promises were the icing on the fail cake

Hope they learn their lesson as i have 2 racing games i like & play from CM (DIRT and GRID)

I'll never play MW2 for the MP but I loved MW's SP so I'm assuming I won't be disappointed.

CM will find out that not only have they come up incredibly short in their quest to convince anyone that DR was somehow in the same class as OFP, but they will come up even shorter against the "creme de la creme" of tactical shooters.

DR is truly a game that fails on every level. It is not a "mil-sim" and as much as I am speculating here, I really doubt it will stand up to MW2 or BF:BC2 (Not if their predecessors are anything to go on) in it's limited capacity as a tactical shooter.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

I had a go on it at a friends house and well its fucking shit.

Thats all i got to say about DR.

If it is true they are making the sequel, then I guess we are looking at R6:Lockdown, Revisited.

Lockdown was a letdown, and it also take the R6 series into mainstream. Then come Vegas, and it was a hit. Thus ends our beloved R6 series... So I guess OFP is already dead. But it soul lives on in ARMA series by BIS.

Remember R6 2 that reused some of the maps from Raven Shield (heresy!) and only took about 4 hours to finish?

If it is true they are making the sequel, then I guess we are looking at R6:Lockdown, Revisited.

Lockdown was a letdown, and it also take the R6 series into mainstream. Then come Vegas, and it was a hit. Thus ends our beloved R6 series... So I guess OFP is already dead. But it soul lives on in ARMA series by BIS.

Did somebody mention Schlockdown?

fail2.jpg

Edited by BangTail

If you are talking about the announcement of a sequel to DR, I believe it is true.

Eth

LOL.... on my youtubes, the DR boyz slam at BIS for announcing a sequel to Arma2 before getting the bugs out. And then CM does it to them.

Remember, CM has a long history of hyping a game, dumping it out, then abandoning them. Just look at GRID. They have been promising many many patches for that, and still not produced, now they say they are going to make a sequel.

I think it's in their business model.

Seriously, when was the last TRUE CM game that came out that was excellent? I can't think of a single one. I did enjoy DIRT for maybe a week, and Grid for about 3 days, till the bugs that still exist scared me off.

You can't count as OFP as a TRUE CM game, but one they created themselves in house. They know how to make so-so driving games, but anything of any depth and re-playability is crap.

Luhgnut;1474068']LOL.... on my youtubes' date=' the DR boyz slam at BIS for announcing a sequel to Arma2 before getting the bugs out. And then CM does it to them.

Remember, CM has a long history of hyping a game, dumping it out, then abandoning them. Just look at GRID. They have been promising many many patches for that, and still not produced, now they say they are going to make a sequel.

I think it's in their business model.

Seriously, when was the last TRUE CM game that came out that was excellent? I can't think of a single one. I did enjoy DIRT for maybe a week, and Grid for about 3 days, till the bugs that still exist scared me off.

You can't count as OFP as a TRUE CM game, but one they created themselves in house. They know how to make so-so driving games, but anything of any depth and re-playability is crap.[/quote']

Yep, GRID held my attention for about an hour but it's got nothing on the GT-R series or Race on.

Eth

Thanks mate :)

I object to people assailing my character before availing themselves of the facts.

Eth

Hah, it was a joke and you gave the exact reaction I expected you to. You are way to easy to stir.

Bull

Hah, it was a joke and you gave the exact reaction I expected you to. You are way to easy to stir.

Bull

No way for me to know that on the interwebz dude. You've obviously seen the jackasses I have had to put up with as recently as today.

Put a smiley next time :)

Have a good one!

Eth

Edited by BangTail

I thought I did put a smiley on it, although I may have left it off in order to annoy you 'cause I was enjoying some of your responses in other threads.

I thought I did put a smiley on it, although I may have left it off in order to annoy you 'cause I was enjoying some of your responses in other threads.

Lol, I'm rarely annoyed, I just enjoy the BIS forums too much. When Dragon Age (not to be confused with Dragon Rising) turns up, you probably won't see me around for a while :)

Eth

Edited by BangTail

and when i wrote on CM forums about advantages of Arma over Dragon's Rice... they deleted my posts

my posts when i say (for people who claim on bad things in DR) that Arma2 is better in this and that issue - all those posts disappeared

high level of censorship there and they "care" only about good opinions, others are vanished

i wrote on CM that max 64 AI , immortal trees, vehicles stuck on smallest rocks - is pathetic

and Arma community gives a lot of stuff, mods etc.

those posts were deleted

Edited by vilas

and when i wrote on CM forums about advantages of Arma over Dragon's Rice... they deleted my posts

my posts when i say (for people who claim on bad things in DR) that Arma2 is better in this and that issue - all those posts disappeared

high level of censorship there and they "care" only about good opinions, others are vanished

i wrote on CM that max 64 AI , immortal trees, vehicles stuck on smallest rocks - is pathetic

and Arma community gives a lot of stuff, mods etc.

those posts were deleted

Only deleted? I got a permanent ban on their forums.

CM produced crappy games even in the old Amiga days, I really can't name a memorable game that they made inhouse.

Only deleted? I got a permanent ban on their forums.

yes, you are right, i was banned when i wrote for people who claim on "sequel" "most realistic" "immortal trees" and etc.

I AM BANNED ON CODEMORO... FORUM :yay:

if they ban everyone who criticized Dragon's Rice and delete every post about disadvantages of DR and that Arma2 is better for people who want mil-sim games and Arma has a lot of freeware addons and no 64 AI limit... congratulations :D pathetic f***

Edited by vilas

Ordered the PS3 version today. Hopefully they get rid of the bugs quickly, but that's something we're all used to by now.

I curious what will await me when I open the package tomorrow. I didn't read up a lot before ordering it - there's no serious alternative on the PS3 anyways. BIS will most likely (if at all) release ArmA II only for the XBox 360, so no sense in waiting for something better.