Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Heh... When in played WoW, to avoid gf agro I convinced the gf to make a character and play. After a while I couldn't play myself 'cause she was always on it, so I bought her an account, which turned into me using my characters to run her characters through everything, so I gave up WoW and so did she.

Now when I want to play some ArmA I just stick bejeweled in front of her.

Anyways, back on topic, anyone think anything can be done to actually save DR?

Heh... When in played WoW, to avoid gf agro I convinced the gf to make a character and play. After a while I couldn't play myself 'cause she was always on it, so I bought her an account, which turned into me using my characters to run her characters through everything, so I gave up WoW and so did she.

Now when I want to play some ArmA I just stick bejeweled in front of her.

to answer your question: No.

It doesn't have to be saved at all. CM will just make OFP3, let it's marketing department rip and another generation of unknowing people will buy into it with open eyes. Patches don't get you any money, sequels do.

From the makers of Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising, and the guys who'll try to convince you they had something to do with making Operation Flashpoint, comes the most realistic game you'll ever play ever in your life or anyone's life for that matter.... Operation Flashpoint : Super Space Marines.

It's so realistic, just like it would be if you were really a space marine being attacked by mutant ninja pirates. Including a vast open "space" to move around in and a draw distance of 5000 light years.

Approach a situation from any angle.

Up to 4 entities at a time!

Quotes from real people* :

"I had a dream once that I was a space marine fighting mutant ninja pirates, and this is exactly what it was like"

"I can't believe the draw distance, it's like I can see stars far away. I haven't seen such a huge draw distance since X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter"

"..... Truely EPIC"

*"Real People" may or may not be affiliated with CodeMasters.

*"Real People" may or may not be affiliated with CodeMasters.

More like "* Real People may or may not consist of Codemasters employees and/or their relatives."

"Brought to you by the executive producer that has placed titles such as Pong, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Super Mario, DooM, Operation Flashpoint, Halo, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Half Life 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Gears of War and Left 4 Dead 2 onto his resume."

Too bad Wii Fit and Wii Sports were not among them :D

And of course the modding community of OFP continued gloriously into DR will be mentioned excessively, with a link to Templar' exploits as a random example, conveniently forgetting to mention that he's also the only modder, naturally that would appear as a minor detail compared the rest of their fact-bending exploits :yay:

And the worst part is that all of this parody is based on things that really happened ... :j:

Edited by JdB

Just did a drive by on the CM forums. They are dead as can be.

Just think of the failure of a company that puts it's whole future in EGO. An engine that is outdated and confined as it is. To think that the same engine as cutting edge when it can't do the simplistic of things that has been around for years.

They fly that EGO banner like it's the saving grace and the advancement of gaming, when it's a hollow shell. Man, I would hate to be working for CM.

From the makers of Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising, ...

The funny thing is that the people who actually made that game probably have been fired at release day :p

It's kinda sad that a guy who suggests DR could get GOTY, gets flamed by the DR community for suggesting something so stupid.

yeah it was pretty stupid, as he suggested it get nominated for the 2009 GOTY award in 2010. He then talks about time travel.

love the way you highly over exaggerate the situation

I don't see it as an over exageration. He made a stupid error, and got flamed for that, and also got flamed for saying it's GOTY material. I didn't feel the need to put every single detail in there to point out that it would have been nicer for the community to say nicely that it's not possible and they don't consider it GOTY material. Having the community insult him for liking a game shows that a large part of the community doesn't like their own game, or doesn't feel the need to be supportive of others who like the game.

And that's just sad.

love the way you highly over exaggerate the situation

yeah, like they highly over exaggerated Dragon Risings abilities.

I cracked up laughin when i read the GOTY thread. Geez some ppl can live in a box at times

I do like posts like these. Someone will recognize it:

No I did not, but you also dont see me feeling so ripped off that I need to troll a forum.

*Cough*

And yes, people really do live in a box if they think DR is GOTY-able. Then again, there are people calling it revolutionary... :butbut:

Im "trolling" this forum for an entirely different reason to feeling ripped off.

you proved my thoughts absolutely correct zipper5. On posting that I thought to myself "whats the chances someone from the BIS forum will quote this over there to say Im lying because Im trolling there forum? EXTREMELY LIKELY"

Edited by templargfx

And you still did it anyways? :eek:

I think the only reason that you haven't received more than 1 infraction already is because the mods are not wanting to bother with this thread at the moment, and I guess that's for good reason. You're even admitting to deliberately trolling. That would get you shadow-banned on the "other" forum. :rolleyes:

it turns you into a bird. hilarious

and theres a very easy way around the FADE system but obviously I am not going to tell you how

Guru templar on FADE. Am I the only one who finds this a bit...dodgy?

This should get interesting

OP: " paid good money on OFDR. im just asking: is it just me why i feel so down or are the guys over at Arma2 just better off?"

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/403888-i-feel-sick.html

Funny how people love to spouse that Arma2 was broke at release. I bought it then and played it fine, although I'm not much for vanilla campaigns.

You want to talk about broke, I still can't get an AI armour squad to actually make it to a waypoint in DR. Played some Arma2 Warfare last night and there was literally 50+ AI vehicles driving around the Island, even had some fun racing some of them that were flying at top speeds.

DR, 4 AI tanks can't get off the damn block...

Funny how people love to spouse that Arma2 was broke at release. I bought it then and played it fine, although I'm not much for vanilla campaigns.

Same here been playing since demo and never had any gamebreaking problems, but of course i haven't played the campaign either it's not my cup of tea :p

I like this guy the most:

"short version of the story = give ofpdr the same time arma 2 had until patch 1.05 and then you can see what game have a better support ;)"

Talk about being lost...

Guru templar on FADE. Am I the only one who finds this a bit...dodgy?

He's had a full 2 days playing Arma2 ( "I purchased ARMA2 played that for about 2 days before shelfing it too for various reasons" ) AND he's made a mission for OPFDR, of course he's a guru. :rolleyes:

Mmmm...only played a full priced game for 2 days, and talks about beating the copy protection. *cough*torrent*cough* I wonder if that was part of his NDA with cm.

He's had a full 2 days playing Arma2 ( "I purchased ARMA2 played that for about 2 days before shelfing it too for various reasons" ) AND he's made a mission for OPFDR, of course he's a guru. :rolleyes:

He couldnt properly give orders to the AI, of course he is a guru. Maybe he took CS III

For those of you who had asked for it, I have now posted the video I recorded explaining how I control AI squad mates in ArmA II. You can find it here.