Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

1. The game now displays the version number on the front end

18. When exiting the credits, the heading will not transition twice.

Thats enough for me... bye bye arma2 i'm back to DR :p

Thats enough for me... bye bye arma2 i'm back to DR :p

My sarcasm detector just asploded :D

Here is the patch fix list:

14. The player can now scroll the list of names in the lobby using the middle wheel

I've never seen enough active DR servers to make scrolling through them necessary

I've never seen enough active DR servers to make scrolling through them necessary

haha :p

oooo don't say such sad thing like that, look, they fixed display of game version and credits :)

it is more important than AI, 64 limit, panzer trees, i have always been doing sinful things when watching credits

tell you secret ... i rarely play, most of time i only watch credits display show and sometimes check version ;)

CM do fantastic job, fixing credits is most important and without displaying version number all would be lost

it is very good they are fixing most important issues, in my opinion they also should check if for example all file names have the same number of characters , cause it is also very important :D

When I read

1) Version will now display

I nearly gorfed in my cherio-os. That was #1 wowzers.

Then I kept reading.... I'm going "uh, ok... ok.... uh.... whatever..... ok." It was like reading down looking for a punchline. All the stuff people were begging for, they ignored. Dedicated servers? Nope. Server control where you can actually boot someone hacking? Nope. Join in progress? (That will never happen.)

So they made a backhanded patch to attempt to satisfy the masses that addresses nothing. It's like, "We moved some trees around."

The 64 AI limit they won't ever fix. It's part of the engine. It's actually 63 AI, since you take up one spot. So they set it for 1 bit per entity. Which is totally fine in a racing game, cause you'll never race against 63 other peeps, but in combat, that's nothing. Especially when none of them can hit you. I just stand in one place, maybe sidestep to mess with the lack of predication programming, and just plink off the enemy. They didn't remove the invisa-shield, that if you engage the enemy at 300 meters+ they cannot hit you. At 400 meters (well within the range of a .50 cal sniper), they won't even return fire. They just lay down and look at you.

silliness. Well back to A2 editing.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

The patch is a fuckin' joke. They didn't even fix the checkpoint problem in COOP. But dare to announce DLC, of course not for free (which was announced as so many things were...all lies)

Game sold! Waiting for ArmA on the 360 ...

Grim

The same thing will happen to many PC MW2 customers in about 10 days. The upside (in my case) is that I only play games like CoD for the single player and it is usually quite good. If I played MP, I would NOT be happy with how either company has handled the online component.

you buy MW2 for the SP you just will be stabbing all PCgamers in the back..

Who is playing DR in 800/600,

16. The chat box will not overlap on 800x600 resolution

wow!

I played DR for like 3 hours on the day of release and haven't touched it since.

I predicted then it would be dead within a month or so.

I saw a post on their forums today linking the xfire stats of the game and I couldn't help but laugh a little.

Notice a trend here?

http://www.xfire.com/games/ofdr/Operation_Flashpoint_Dragon_Rising/

I almost feel sorry for those that payed good money for it. Yes, almost, I've become pretty critical with buying games, and maybe this is a lesson for some that blindly buys games and hope for the best.

But I must admit, I am getting quite riled up with the new version and credits fixes. If they change the ingame fonts, I am all ears.

I guess, whether there'll be another OFP by CM will partly depend on how well the DLC offered is going to sell.

of course there will be OFP3:

30 max AI

player will have unlimited ammo and textures will be brown-yellow only

it will be USMC (probably in desert ACU with a lot of Rangers/SEALS/101-st patches) vs. Tibetan Monks and Ninja Turtles with Miniguns

there will be 4 weapons (nunchakoo, knife, sharp cucumber and M4A8 with Aimpoint mounted on Acog and 3 vehicles (all in desert camo)

and grass will be indestructible

and PR campaign will be remarkable :D

and user will be banned after registration before posting first post

Edited by vilas

30 max AI

it will be USMC vs. Tibetan Monks and Ninja Turtles with Miniguns

there will be 4 weapons (nunchakoo, knife, sharp cucumber and M4A8 with Aimpoint mounted on Acog and 3 vehicles (all in desert camo)

and grass will be undestructable

I would add a "Personal Bullet Dispersion Shield Mk3", but it has been featured in DR now.. so no need to list that as something new and über-cool ;)

(PS: Please write something like "pure awesomeness follows!" before you type something like "grass will be indestructible" ... so people will know they should not be reading and drinking at the same time! Too late for me.. :rolleyes: )

Just found this OFP3 promo image leaked on a website!!

cornershotkitty1copy.th.jpg

(I hate stupid cats...)

30 max AI

it will be USMC (probably in desert ACU with a lot of Rangers/SEALS/101-st patches) vs. Tibetan Monks and Ninja Turtles with Miniguns

and grass will be indestructible

and PR campaign will be remarkable :D

and user will be banned after registration before posting first post

Funny, I had slightly different information:

* The game will actually use 6 colors: Heroic Caucasian White, Token Black Guy Dark Brown, Dirty Arab Brown, Black, Grey, and Muzzle Flash

* The good guys will be Marines or SEALs. Their mission will be to Protect Freedom.

* The good guys will fight in a Team of Heroes, which will contain the following members, and may have more: One Inner-City Black (Likely to be the Big Machinegunner), one White Guy From New York or Boston, one Cold Sniper, and possibly a Token Arab. They will be lead by a Grizzled But Secretly Caring Officer.

* All enemies will be vaguely Arab or Persian. They will wish to Destroy Freedom.

* The enemies may have evil European Overlords. If so, the overlords will speak with British accents and will be at least vaguely Nazi.

* The M16, being an All American Gun, will be the most powerful rifle in the game. The .223 cartridge will vastly outperform 7.62NATO, not to mention exotic sissypants cartridges like the .338 Lapua or .50 Russian.

* The M1911 will be the perfect pistol. Soldiers will be able to fight effectively using just a .45 pistol, just like in real life.

Edited by Sertorius21

I just did another drive by over at CM.

More and more people posting that they are either going back to OFP or going to give A2 a shot. Someone posted, "That does it, I'm going to Arma2, at least the developers support the community."

I always feel so dirty after I leave that forum.

Their mission will be to Protect Freedom.

epic :D

ooops i forget - Protect Freedom in country rich in oil ;)

Edited by vilas

News Flash CM HQ

We have called this press conference to inform you that DR passed away today, on the operating table at 0109 hrs GMT. The patient was admitted on the 4th November at 1404 hrs GMT with severe pain, unfortunately doctors could not save the patient. DR had a catastrophic Patch Hemorrhage.:omg:

DR RIP you will be sadly missed

2/4

charging for dlc for 360 to free roam the island, wage battle across 220 square km is written on the back of the box....im waiting for someone to sue them

I can hear the defence arguement now :

"Why would these nerds need 220KM square? Most of them are too lazy to walk 2 meters to the fridge"

I can hear the defence arguement now :

"Why would these nerds need 220KM square? Most of them are too lazy to walk 2 meters to the fridge"

hehehehe

i saw Youtube movie

guy set up small mission in editor, he, enemy , he wanted to over run (i am not native english speaker ... i meant to go over enemy, 2 kilometers over him and attack him from his back) and... in editor he get message "you leaving combat zone" and game returned to menu "mission failed"

so 220 km and when you walk 2 km far you have "mission failed, you leaved combat zone" :D

Any news on Dragon rising PC demo?

I'd love that too... Just to see how it really is first hand, without spending the money I'm saving for Arrowhead.

I'd love that too... Just to see how it really is first hand, without spending the money I'm saving for Arrowhead.

if you have a console system, just rent it from BlockBuster on a Friday, you'll beat it by Saturday and can return it.