Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Challenger 2.

UKF Challenger 2, Version 1.0

1.3 You agree with this EULA that, should you modify said content without permission or otherwise breach this EULA, you are liable to prosecution in a UK Court of Law, under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988.

Doesn't the agreement you have to erm... agree to, to use the mod tools remove this right from you seeing as BIS are given ownership of whatever is done with their tools?

BIS are given ownership of whatever is done with their tools?

Nothing in BIS's EULA for the tools implies they have ownership of content created with their tools, by another party.

This was clarified by with regards to the OFP tools, and hasn't changed since:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=44973

Anything you create with our tools belongs to you entirely, you’re free to use it however you wish as long as you use it in a non-commercial way. You’re also free to allow someone else to use it or to refuse them permission to use it.

The only exception is if you wish to create something with our tools for use in a commercial venture, in that case you must contact BIS or BIA, or a company authorised to represent our rights in such matters to acquire a license.

Doesn't the agreement you have to erm... agree to, to use the mod tools remove this right from you seeing as BIS are given ownership of whatever is done with their tools?

If BIS owned the Challenger 2 via default, they wouldn't have bothered to have brought the rights to use the model in VBS2 off us, now, would they?:j:

I hope you reconsider and complete the fantastic work you all have started. Though I'm am an American, I have always admired the UK equipment and the Tommies that used them when I was fortunate to work with them. I have waited a long time in the hope of finally seeing the UK forces well represented a sorta equipment bonanza. The last time I saw a lot of UK equipment, it was back in the old OFP days. I can't remember the groups off hand but they produced the warrior, Landrovers and various other equipment. There was one group that made some UK soldiers and by inputting a script into the INIT Line of the unit. would change the Beret to the appropriate regiment. They even worked with the "Chain of Command" and intergrated the radio into the Artillery module. I can't think of the radio or the groups that made them. Wish I still had those files and I doubt they are still available. As I still have my old OFP disks. Any forgive me, as I digress, anyway I had been hoping that RKSL, some others and you would be able to complete your work. It would have been nice to make some missions were we could have various Allies represented.

Edited by Landdon

There's some great stuff coming forward now and well welcomed it is. Thanks for the hard work and an excellent job.

Great work mate, thanks for the effort, love this beast! :)

I can't remember the groups off hand but they produced the warrior, Landrovers and various other equipment. There was one group that made some UK soldiers and by inputting a script into the INIT Line of the unit. would change the Beret to the appropriate regiment. They even worked with the "Chain of Command" and intergrated the radio into the Artillery module. I can't think of the radio or the groups that made them. Wish I still had those files and I doubt they are still available.

All that was by Project: UK Forces. You can still get all our OFP addons from our site:

http://www.pukf.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat1

Great to see her pushed out the door Chris! Shame it was under the sad circumstances of you guys leaving, been a blast chaps!

Hi, Has anyone got any idea if the Jackal works in ArmA 2. It was a great addon for arma.

First of all, great tank Pathy! Thanks a bunch for the hard work.

Second, is the main gun not working with BIS "FCS"? When i right click the optics do jump down, but i wont hit. Tested 850 meters away on a T90. When right clicking the optics jump down. And if i shoot from where it is i miss. If i move the aim up after "locking" - i miss. So either im doing it wrong or this tank isnt setup to work with that?

Anyway, great tank. Very nice model & fun to operate. :)

Alex

Nice work fellas, great to see these quality items out in the world.

Got to say I love the model and have been waiting for it for some time, amassing work.

I know you said the penetration values are shot but at the mo but with the tracks so week I keep getting immobilised by machineguns and all my crew jumps out… Is there anyway to simplify it and make it just slightly tougher than the other tanks already in game? I’m having problems at the mo getting missions to work with it.

Looks awesome and thanks again for making it.

Is it me or can you hear the tank at louder volumes than expected at distance (I have been to British Military bases with Challengers operating and its not this bad from away from them) other than that great!!

UKF Challenger 2, Version 1.0

For various reasons this addon is incomplete, and has been released in an 'as is' state. At this point in time, there will be no future updates and fixes after the initial release.

As Chris stated, the model is incomplete and just released to the public instead of being kept on our harddrives. ;)

Very nice, a little pity, few UK infantry and AFV could be used now in ARMA2 to match it.

Hi guys just wondering if the challenger 2 will be updated at some point - I realise why it was released but it would be nice to increase the armour values in relation to the m1a2 tusk or maybe better, perhaps its not the armour values but the crew bailing out is an annoying occurance for such a beautiful piece of work.

"However, because BIS doesn't model penetration"

Wow is this true, yet this is hailed as one of the most realistic games yet? what? :confused:

"However, because BIS doesn't model penetration"

Wow is this true, yet this is hailed as one of the most realistic games yet? what? :confused:

BIS models it for penetration of walls, fences etc. Vehicles are only penetrable in ACE AFAIK.

Since 1.05 introduced 'minimalhit' and activated 'passthrough' values for vehicle fire geometry, the ability of the engine to simulate armour has improved quite dramatically actually.

It's not perfectly implemented into the core game yet IMO, but has added a lot of potential for the community.