Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Challenger 2.

besides still trying to tweak the stuff pathy made on it.. so it looks abit more 3d model wise:P but there is still stuff to do..

besides still trying to tweak the stuff pathy made on it.. so it looks abit more 3d model wise:P but there is still stuff to do..

Good work fella. Watching with much interest.

Looks bloody good.

Hope you have the time etc, to update the sound to :)

In the last ½ of this video thers a good sound.

I have tryed the Challenger MK1 from the British Army of the Rhine addon series trb did.

They sound awesome to, so maybe you could get some there :)

My ace upgrade will be integrated in to this update, there was more done than the videos shown

I would love to see a basic challenger 2 without skirts like this one:

I would love to see a basic challenger 2 without skirts like this one:

I think the lack of any skirts has to do with them driving that one over a Mondeo and a Polo: to stop bits of metal getting wedged in the tracks no doubt. The little skirts seem to be fitted on CR2 normally - or sometimes with just the rear-most section of the skirt removed to clear the sprocket. Tankieboy will know better than I though ;) (alright Paul?).

Also, removing the skirts would mean DK would have to put a load more effort into the detailing parts of the running gear that are normally hidden (returner wheels, torsion bars etc). Otherwise, it could be done fairly simply with a bit of model.cfg work to write hide animations for the skirt sections, and a little entry in the init line when it comes to using the tank in the mission editor.

Looks bloody good.

Hope you have the time etc, to update the sound to :)

In the last ½ of this video thers a good sound.

I have tryed the Challenger MK1 from the British Army of the Rhine addon series trb did.

They sound awesome to, so maybe you could get some there :)

Totally agree, updated sound would be great.

I think the lack of any skirts has to do with them driving that one over a Mondeo and a Polo: to stop bits of metal getting wedged in the tracks no doubt. The little skirts seem to be fitted on CR2 normally - or sometimes with just the rear-most section of the skirt removed to clear the sprocket. Tankieboy will know better than I though ;) (alright Paul?).

Also, removing the skirts would mean DK would have to put a load more effort into the detailing parts of the running gear that are normally hidden (returner wheels, torsion bars etc). Otherwise, it could be done fairly simply with a bit of model.cfg work to write hide animations for the skirt sections, and a little entry in the init line when it comes to using the tank in the mission editor.

Herrrrroooo! The standard is to have the "bazooka plates" fitted and/or to have the rear removed as you say mate.

Will this get a much needed OA update soon? Love the Chally and love this mod to bits

Herrrrroooo! The standard is to have the "bazooka plates" fitted and/or to have the rear removed as you say mate.

Until the bloody end connectors work loose and ping the whole lot off. Took me an hour to find them all again...in the dark, with no lights. Gotta love BATUS :o

On that OA update - DK was working on finishing off the Sounds, ECM fit and updated L2 turret armour. Not sure how he's got on with it but it was making good progress on the last version we tested.

On that OA update - DK was working on finishing off the Sounds, ECM fit and updated L2 turret armour. Not sure how he's got on with it but it was making good progress on the last version we tested.

Ah good well atleast there's one in the works :D

Will this get a much needed OA update soon? Love the Chally and love this mod to bits

Not so much of the Mod left, however.

Sweet work DK, nice to see good work being continued and updated, flot klaret ;)

Sorry I didn't see you replied to me, I know but the tank in the video is gorgeous instead of the one fully protected.

Also, removing the skirts would mean DK would have to put a load more effort into the detailing parts of the running gear that are normally hidden (returner wheels, torsion bars etc).

DK doesn't have to do it, wheels are well made, he has just to erase skirts and protections.

Otherwise, it could be done fairly simply with a bit of model.cfg work to write hide animations for the skirt sections, and a little entry in the init line when it comes to using the tank in the mission editor.

Could you explain to me how to do it, please?

There's more to CR2 running gear than just wheels. What you don't see hidden behind those boz plates is the hydrogas suspension units and top rollers, which I'd hazard a guess aren't modelled.

Spotters splurge, for those interested: on a regular tank without Dorchester armour bolted on, the boz plate ('skirts') are mainly there to channel dirt and crap dragged up by the tracks to the rear. Sharp eyed spotters will have noticed that the RDGs learnt to take the rear plates off during EX SAIF SAREEA II in Oman, to let the excess dust and sand egress (they went out there un-desertised originally and quickly learnt all the nasty things heat and sand can do to a 70T MBT). Hence the up armoured CR2 on TELIC had a canvas skirt at the back - almost like a mud flap. What da12thMonkey says about removing skirts for driving over cars is spot on - metal gets wedged behind the boz plate, craps up your end connectors and your track falls off. Pain in the arse digging it all out again, as we learnt to our cost after snagging some barbed wire outside Al Amarah.

oki lads cant release the chally 2 because its apparently too oversized.. so atm i gotta keep it off for the rest of u... sry

Too oversized? You mean too high poly, or the file size is too large?

no the tank is too large apparently 140% too big.. so have to leave it off sry

no the tank is too large apparently 140% too big.. so have to leave it off sry

DM hath ordained it to be so. :j:

DM hath ordained it to be so. :j:

DM hath measured it to be so...

The yellow outline is made from a combination of blueprints (not model kit ones mind) and measurements taken from the real vehicle, the red outline is the UKF model.

cr2.png

If DK decides that means he cant release it, thats his choice, not mine.

Oh, and I was wrong about the wheels, its more like 125% :j:

hehe was a joke dude:P well see still working on some stuff but well see what happens.. but know how the work u did on the VBS2 models dm seen them, looking good dude..

and just looked at the model compared to the real info.. seen about the size of it.. yeah its just ½ a meter longer than supposed to be... ill see if ill fix it or not at some point :P not too difficult..

Edited by DK||SES||

might come a release today

Edited by DK||SES||

might come a release today

Sounds pretty damn good, chap! :yay

hope u guys will like the updates made to it.. please let me know if there is any bugs that u can see.. and thx for the patiense all..

and again thx to the P:UKF Lads for an awesome wagon.. makes a tankie happy :P

chally2.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

link for the P:UKF Challenger 2 Tank

https://rapidshare.com/files/1703900141/UKF_Challenger2.rar

credits:

Trouble: Engine sound

DaveP: sorting out the ACE stuff for the wagon

Rockape: for helping me out when i ran into trouble.

Dar12thmonkey: for helping me just as much with alot of other stuff:D

Friznit: for reference guidence

And ofcourse to the P:UKF lads for making this awesome vehicle...