Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Its been slightly less than a year, maybe its time? I'd be overjoyed for anything representing the RACS.

So would alot of people. Just because you want it NOW doesn't mean your gonna get it. In fact, demanding it be released, even subtly, just pisses Wld off, and delays the release even more.

Wld has poured thousands upon thousands of hours into this mod. He gets help from the community, but he is the only person working on PRACS.

He served 3 tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan, before he was hit by an IED IIRC. He has a life outside of this game, although he sometimes spends too much time addon making. He has bigger things to deal with than the likes of an idiot like you. I am tired of seeing your bullshit posts in the forum. Every single post that you make, appears to have been made for the purpose of flame-baiting, pissing people off, or trying to get banned. You've been reported god-knows how many times already, I have reported you more times than I can count, and AFAIK the moderators have given you several warnings.

If your not going to post anything that's worth anything, if your just going to keep saying that PRACS needs release, then you can GTFO of this thread. Many people want to see a release, but they are patient enough to wait. It's people like you who cause Wld to consider not releasing at all.

:wave-finger:

well......:rolleyes:

all i can say is now you all know why i had brought Darkhorse on to the team to help out with diplomatic efforts and maintaining site presence....:p

hes really passionate about what he does and thats the kind of team members that will help to get this mod done and released.... eventually :cool:

I apologize that i have not released anything yet. If you really really wanted to play with the stuff you could always go over the teh TFL forums and sign up. Then you could participate in the beta testing and use the addons. Provide your own feedback making the addons that much better.

either way i fully support what Darkhorse had to say and i thank him for getting in here, doing his job, and saying it in a much more diplomatic way than i probably would have.:bounce3:

Could I post some promo screenshots with your permission wld?

Just to get the hype up and so people don't think this project is dead.

absolutely...... show em what we have :)

Here are some.

Featuring Force Recon, 1st Infantry Division and Royal Marines.

5P2q9.jpg

5P9UA.jpg

5Pmni.jpg

More to come if Wld doesn't mind.

Edited by Enad

Damn good shots you got there Enad! :cool:

More to come if Wld doesn't mind.

Keep posting more, he doesn't mind. (That's actually his motivation) ;)

Those are awesome.

Really loving the look of especially the Royal Marines :mwah:

I apologize that i have not released anything yet.

Nahh you don't have to apologize! :eek: From the point of a player I'm eager to use that mod too, but from the point of a modder I know what you're going through :o

Quality needs time, real life needs time.

I've got just one question. I'm using CAA1 for my missions. CAA1 has introduced the faction class "RACS" with the faction priority 3. Will project RACS fit into this class priority automatically?

I've got just one question. I'm using CAA1 for my missions. CAA1 has introduced the faction class "RACS" with the faction priority 3. Will project RACS fit into this class priority automatically?

Yeah.

nice! *hint* does RACS have any parades in sarhani? *hint*

As soon as I can get some AI to respond properly, you will see the might of Sahrani.

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum!"

Oh, can't forgot about this one.

DIE WAFFEN, LEGT AN!

Sa-8 my favourite in ofp,cant wait for arma2 thanks.

I think, with such a huge amount of retextured vehicle, RACS can conquer the world? Right? ;)

I think, with such a huge amount of retextured vehicle, RACS can conquer the world? Right? ;)

nope... but they can make sure the people of Sahrani sleep well in thier beds.

someday.... i have not decided what to do about ships. may simply ressurect the old boats and do a few new patrol type craft.

Hi,

I'm glad to see that RACS will be back in force in Arma2 !

Sorry if I missed the point but I was wondering if you plan to make Internal Affairs Security Forces ? Such as MVD, Carbinieri or Gendarmerie (I know it's Department of Defense for the latters, but you see my point : A homeland security force) Maybe there could be a Special Response Unit ?

And more generally, what is the timeline of PRACS ? Directly after Royal Flush ?

Thanks for your answer and your work,

Regards

I believe the Sahrani equivalent to those units would be the Royal Fusiliers, which are tasked with protecting the government, and therefor mainly operate in/around Sahrani and embassies etc., and Princess Sarah's Brigade, which are the elite of the elite, (Selected from the ranks of the Fusiliers, IIRC) use the best equipment available, and can be deployed anywhere on a moments notice.

I'm probably wrong, but those sound close. There will be a Military Police unit in the future I think, maybe there will be a Sahrani version of the MVD, or even KGB. :D *Disclaimer*: There will probably not be a Sahrani KGB. It was simply a joke, i was kidding, although it would be interesting...*/Disclaimer*

I will draw up an entire back story on every unit, with Wld's permission & approval, and probably include it as a PDF or something with the infantry, armor corps, as well as specific units inside the RSN, RSAF, etc.

Wld can give you an official answer about the timeline, but from what I know I believe it is several years after the end of Queens Gambit, Sahrani has been peacefully united, and they are now modernizing their military, and attempting to play a larger role in the world.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Thanks for the reply !

This "Fluff" sounds Great. Always like the fact that fictionnal country gives freedom to addon makers..

So no more Fights on Sarhani ? Except maybe against drug/weapons/dealers....

For the "KGB", I'm sure that some civilians operator of Sarhani Intelligence Agency (In spanish) would fit...

Background for each unit would be a welcome addition, would be useful for people making missions as, you could understand more of which units would be best for a certain mission :)