Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

It'd be even better if ya got rid of the BHD helmets for MICH TC-2000 Combat Helmets and/or boonies. Not saying they don't look good, just out of place with those helmets since as far as I know (don't take it for granted) they're not used anymore and were used on during CQB ops and didn't provide any ballistic protection.

Edited by Big Mac

i agree, as much as i love prohelmets I don't really see RACS guys using them.

Personally I think they look good. The Mich helmets are widely used these days, and I like a little variety. Anything other than a Mich you can think of Mac?

Oh, the Recon guys already use Boonies, and they fit their camo better imo.

Maybe a custom RACS helmet is the way to go? Maybe have it a bit like this, but not quite as futuristic. (Definately original though!)

helmet0.jpg

Personally I think they look good. The Mich helmets are widely used these days, and I like a little variety. Anything other than a Mich you can think of Mac?

Integrated Ballistic Com Helmet would alright in a pinch. But you'd be better off with MICH TC-2000 since that is used by the special forces of a lot developing countries.

personnally i like the helmet....

hmnnnn its my mod......

oh ok so thats why i put them there

besides..... in my military experience ive seen dudes all over the place wearing them Iraq, ghanny, horn of africa, oh yeah and at ft campbell too....

and on top of that... these guys are the commandos....... you have yet to see the SF :)

Edited by wld427

personnally i like the helmet....

hmnnnn its my mod......

oh ok so thats why i put them there

besides..... in my military experience ive seen dudes all over the place wearing them Iraq, ghanny, horn of africa, oh yeah and at ft campbell too....

and on top of that... these guys are the commandos....... you have yet to see the SF :)

It is your mod, I'm only offering friendly advice on what's realistic and what's not. It's up to you to take it. Edited by Big Mac

and thats why i was letting you know you have not seen the SF guys yet :yay:

no worries buddy just for grins :)

the SF guys are loosely based on this model with a total gear overhaul wearing a similar digital pattern.

I was going to integrate them in this round of beta testing but i am burned out on infantry and need to take a break....

Edited by wld427

You definitely deserve a break Wld, I'm still amazed that you manage to get the sheer amount of work that you do done to such a high level. Usually it's quality not quantity, but with you, it's both! :)

You definitely deserve a break Wld, I'm still amazed that you manage to get the sheer amount of work that you do done to such a high level. Usually it's quality not quantity, but with you, it's both! :)
I agree. I just can't wait for the first big release.

It'd be even better if ya got rid of the BHD helmets for MICH TC-2000 Combat Helmets and/or boonies. Not saying they don't look good, just out of place with those helmets since as far as I know (don't take it for granted) they're not used anymore and were used on during CQB ops and didn't provide any ballistic protection.

The RACS uses/used alot of surplus US army equipment, so it makes sense to me they would use stuff that's not been in use.

The RACS uses/used alot of surplus US army equipment, so it makes sense to me they would use stuff that's not been in use.
It would make more since for them to use PASGTs rather than prohelmets then. That's what the US has done with the Iraqi army except with the tier 1 Iraqi SF, who use MICHs I believe. Edited by Big Mac

again it comes down to these guys are commandos....

the actual SF guys wil you state of the art right off the shelf today equipment

again it comes down to these guys are commandos....

the actual SF guys wil you state of the art right off the shelf today equipment

Which just reinforces my previous point about PASGTs. It is your mod and either way I will download it, make missions with it, and have loads of fun with it. I'm just offering my insight to make it just a bit more awesome than it already will be.

I always hated racs and found it weird that other people didnt too.

They were the most generic friendly forces i could have imagined.

OK were you just getting something off your chest are was there a point. Anyways great job team

Just getting something off my chest.

But now that my mind is clear is still think that Racs were lame.

Perhaps keep your opinions to yourself. This mod is fantastic, awesome work for such a small mod team to accomplish.

My opinion was on racs as a faction...not on the mod.

Just getting something off my chest.

But now that my mind is clear is still think that Racs were lame.

My opinion was on racs as a faction...not on the mod.

I don't think anyone cares about your opinion on either when it's not particularly conducive to the thread's discussion as a whole.

I think the helmets on the commandos' looks great - There are plenty of ways to justify their use as we (or rather the PRACS team) can determine for themselves what role the unit fills. I can think of plenty of reasons why a special forces team might want or need helmets that are not bulky or restrictive of eyesight, perhaps these guys do alot of climbing, ©SAR or whatever other activity that is more greatly benefited by increased dexterity rather than increased ballistic protection.

Edited by GoOB

Which just reinforces my previous point about PASGTs. It is your mod and either way I will download it, make missions with it, and have loads of fun with it. I'm just offering my insight to make it just a bit more awesome than it already will be.

Personally, I love them the in their current state, I don't believe that changing the helmet would make it better. :cool:

Personally, I love them the in their current state, I don't believe that changing the helmet would make it better. :cool:
No just more realistic. ;) But this is getting a bit OT. I do however have a more pressing question. Will this mod utilize the some of the enhancements brought for with OA?

no i will release addons for both arma2 and then OA.

PRACS will use elements from each game in different ways.

from a few pages back.

sort of answered it , but what about features? like ti.. I would like to know this as well

That is a very good question.

The current addons are being geared towards Arma 2. Once i have everything fully released hopefully by the end of august ( dont shoot me if i dont make it, but the bulk of the mod will be released. Certain finalized addons are with the testers already), i plan to update all adons and re-release to OA standards.

Hopefully by then we all will have been able to pick apart the new values in the OA configs and know a little more about them.

thanks to rstratton i now know how to make thermal images work with our rvmats and textures.

its jsut a matter of time really :) its summer and the fishing has been good so far. Blame the sunny weather for the drawn out wait for releases.