Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Sorry to interrupt the discussion :D But has anyone noticed that RACS had been used in the James Bond movie "Licence to kill"? However it wasn't Sahrani but the fictional country Isthmus.

sahranigb5.jpg

I always thought about the Kingdom of South Sahrani as a former part of the United Kingdom. Maybe it was a british colony once? What do you think?

nice find :) i seen something like that before

Sorry to interrupt the discussion But has anyone noticed that RACS had been used in the James Bond movie "Licence to kill"? However it wasn't Sahrani but the fictional country Isthmus.

Ha ha, cool!

You sir, have earned a cookie:

ab3-1.jpg

ab3-2.jpg

ab3-3.jpg

ab3-4.jpg

ab3-5.jpg

But wait......

...... There's more! :p

ab3-6.jpg

ab3-7.jpg

ab3-8.jpg

Enjoy. :cool:

Edited by Ballistic09

I like cookies :) And pie ... especially tank pie :) I guess this will be most wanted mod 2010 ey? :D

Oh it will be. Trust me, once you realize the total scale and scope of what Eddie has planned, and you eventually see the "Top Secret Project", it will be.

Amphibious tank landing is awesome!

Its one sweet looking mod, and you can see the hard work and care there has been put in this, keep it up..!!

Ballistic could it be possible to see some pics of the mountain infantry..? (a goodnight cookie perhaps..)

Sorry to interrupt the discussion :D But has anyone noticed that RACS had been used in the James Bond movie "Licence to kill"? However it wasn't Sahrani but the fictional country Isthmus.

sahranigb5.jpg

I always thought about the Kingdom of South Sahrani as a former part of the United Kingdom. Maybe it was a british colony once? What do you think?

I think it was a spanish colony because of the spanish names all over the sahrani island and the spanish names of some Racs soldiers

From William Porters blog:

...The most interesting thing (to me, anyway) is that it was a British naval base during the Napoleonic wars, and there are occasional ruins that date back two the hundred years or so to that period. The main Royal Navy stations were in the south, and while the major port from back then at Dolores has been silted over quite a lot so that the main road isn’t really navigable by ships anymore, you can see that some of the walls of the old fortifications have been built into parts of modern buildings.

Also, there’s an island in North Sahrani (Obviously I didn’t go there, but it’s in the books and on the maps) that the British kept a base on until the Crimean War that was named after the Queen: ‘Victoria Island’. The British handed over their possessions to the Sahrani Monarchy in 1898, and when the Revolution came, the Northerners renamed the little island ‘Isla de Victoria’ and changed the meaning so that it reflected the victory of the revolution. If you ask me, history doesn’t need to be changed.

See you all sooner than later, I hope. I’ll try to write more often before we leave.

-Will

Edited the list on page 50 to include the SA-6. Can't believe I forgot about that.

LOL no crap since you neve3r stop bugging me about it :)

1 of the best armies for BIS games...:bounce3:

three questions,

will there be desert units? with OA around the bend............

will any RACS units have silenced weapons?

and is there any spec-ops units planned?

There will be silenced weapons, there currently is 1 SF unit (Army Recon) and there may be another one planned(DON'T TAKE MY WORD ON THIS), I can't remember if there is though. As for the Desert Units, I'm not sure, although I know we will be using some OA Content.

More stuff that wld427 has been working on:

hmmwv1.jpg

hmmwv2-1.jpg

hmmwv3.jpg

(and one last high-angle shot so you can see the awesomeness of the reskin)

hmmwv4.jpg

Ballistic could it be possible to see some pics of the mountain infantry..?

Sure, I'll try to get some pictures up soon. Sorry you had still have to wait, but this is the first chance I've had to get on my gaming computer in 3 days... I was, and still am quite busy.

BTW, I do believe I (as well as a few others) posted some pictures of the 3rd mountain division troops in this thread already... you might want to check back a few pages because I'm almost positive we already did. ;)

just a suggestion

would a LAV-25 not be good instead of a BMP?

however all looks sweet :)

Sweet stuff there wdl, looking forward have some missions with them.

Especially with OA coming.

Maybe later when OA is released you could make a replacement of your UN units for the OA stock ones.

Just a thought :)

Looking good! Seems Sahrani got some more stuff from the US:D, will all humvee's have the reskin,cause the armored 1 would look really great in RACS colors

Great job guys!

whats happened to the landrovers ?