Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

The A330 MRTT is about ~60% modelled. The demo is in game and flying but the scripted system for refueling is only in the "planning" phase.

Due to the current restrictions with Arma's network code, what you will probably end up with is:

A version that works for the player and multiple AI in SP.

In MP, a version that works with one player at a time and any of his grouped AI. Or multiple AI grouped, aircraft.

A400M (Gen3) is also ~60% modelled and in game for FM testing. But its a low priority due to the lack of the cargo system.

We have a functional vehicle cargo system under joint development with CBFASI, using the attachTo command. The 2nd generation system is being planned with loads of new features, and I don't just mean dumping something randomly out the back of a truck. We will certainly try and push the new functionality of Arma, to its limits.

The Harrier will be the next "big" release after the updates and phase 1 UAVs.

Yeah, we have a lot of stuff currently under development for UAV's, thats why we are splitting it into modules for a staggered release. The Harriers will certainly benefit from the new features in Arma2.

Sorry to hear about whats happening rock, :( hope it all works our for you!

I was just wondering if the seakings will be included in the "unpopular" solution to release things? I hope so :D

Thats cool and I take it its a GR.7 or something but what is the squadron colours will it have and the tornado F.3 as well will that be 111(F) squadron the last of the F3w?

I was just wondering if the seakings will be included in the "unpopular" solution to release things? I hope so :D

Right now I'm not planning on revisiting the Seaking for Public release since they would need a lot of scripting to get in game for the SAR and Medium lift roles in a meaningful way. That may change depending on how much free time UNN and I get but don't hold your breath. ;)

Thats cool and I take it its a GR.7 or something but what is the squadron colours will it have and the tornado F.3 as well will that be 111(F) squadron the last of the F3w?

• Both GR7 and GR9 are represented. There really isnt much visible difference anyway. Just the LERX and some difference in the vents/ducts.
  • Tornado F3 - will have multiskin support if it gets done. Right now its a very low priority.

Just chiming in to say I really like the things you create Rock. It's always a treat to peek into this thread and the RKSL site. Keep up the good work!

Just wondering whats happening with the website because when I try to look at it it asks for a username and password does that mean that only the RKSL team can get in or I need to make an account?

Just wondering whats happening with the website because when I try to look at it it asks for a username and password does that mean that only the RKSL team can get in or I need to make an account?

Its in maintenance mode because i'm reworking it atm. You wont be able to get access until I turn it on again. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long. Right now I'm a bit distracted with my Mother's chemotherapy.

will there be any more marks of sea king like the HU.5 the royal navy SAR helicopter. The sea king ASaC.7 command and control aircraft or THE ASaC AW101 which also a command and control platform. I just thought these would look good with the ships you were planning to make.

Edited by Aerodude111
I said the wrong thing

will there be any more marks of sea king like the HU.5 the royal navy SAR helicopter. The sea king ASaC.7 command and control aircraft or THE ASaC AW101 which also a command and control platform. I just thought these would look good with the ships you were planning to make.

No there will not be a HU.5 RN SAR aircraft. Or an ASaC.7 or quite a lot of the OLD list due to the reasons stated quite clearly in the thread at several places.

Once the new website goes live next week a revised list may get posted but in the mean time don't assume everything will get released. Circumstances have changed...

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Hi RKSL-Rock

I sent you a PM mate about helping with the BAe Hawk's

Regards

Rick

Edited by Cobra88

Real life issues, idiot hackers stealing and wrecking your stuff, and more? Sorry to hear about all of this Rock.

Honestly I don't spend too much time playing ArmA2, and I hardly have a computer than can get the most out of it. Yet I appreciate your effort and that of most working on addons here. It's what keeps ArmA2 on my harddrive.

Do the UK's latest round of defense cuts mean you guys are going to not do the F-35B?

Real life issues, idiot hackers stealing and wrecking your stuff, and more? Sorry to hear about all of this Rock.

Honestly I don't spend too much time playing ArmA2, and I hardly have a computer than can get the most out of it. Yet I appreciate your effort and that of most working on addons here. It's what keeps ArmA2 on my harddrive.

Do the UK's latest round of defense cuts mean you guys are going to not do the F-35B?

It means that BIS are going to recall the BAF DLC and give everyone their money back, as we arent going to have a military in a few years

It means that BIS are going to recall the BAF DLC and give everyone their money back, as we arent going to have a military in a few years

I may not be British but I "feel your pain." I'm all too sure many politicians here in the States want the same for us.

Happy Hangover and Indigestion day

From UNN and Rock.

We'd like to say a big "Thank You" to everyone who has supported us through this year.

Unfortunately there wont be a proper RKSL release today. Sorry guys i know its almost a tradition, but if you've been following the thread you'll know life hasn't exactly gone to plan recently.

So to make up for it, in a few days we're going to release a very large WIP "something" for you guys to look at. Until then, have a safe and happy holidays!

All the best

Gary and Tris

aka UNN and Rock

Hi RKSL-Rock

I sent you a PM mate about helping with the BAe Hawk's

Regards

Rick

Rick, I'll PM you in a day or two. Its been chaos here and I've not had much free time with the run up to Christmas.

Well I have a reasonable but incomplete base model for one. I was looking for a responsible person/team to hand it off too but I've not had anyone take me up on it.

But in direct answer to the question; Yes its dropped and I've already begun a totally new model for the F-35C. I've also redecked the CVF carriers to the PA2 config.

Please be a GR4 please be a GR4.. Or a full scale map of the British... Empire muahahaha :-D

Cheers for the update, Have a nice day mate.

Best way to cure a hangover, Is to get leathered again, It is Christmas after all

Best way to cure a hangover, Is to get leathered again, It is Christmas after all

its certainly working for me :p

seasons greets RKSL , hope next year is fruitful and positive

What about the JAS-39?

I have not seen it mentioned in some time now. Is it still on or was it one of the project who met that unfortunate end.

Merry Christmas.

Rock, great to see you plugging away for A2. I have many fond memories of your work and my OFP days. I now have a laptop that plays A2 and spend many hours on my rack on my ship playing it!

I look forward to any releases in the future!

Any chance of a Pinz (lol)?

P. Hewitt