Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

What about the JAS-39?

I have not seen it mentioned in some time now. Is it still on or was it one of the project who met that unfortunate end.

Its in limbo. Lots of things are right now.

Rock, great to see you plugging away for A2. I have many fond memories of your work and my OFP days. I now have a laptop that plays A2 and spend many hours on my rack on my ship playing it!

Paul! Matt said you'd gone insane and started wearing flares. I didn't think we'd see you again after that!

Good luck with it all mate.

Any chance of a Pinz (lol)?

LOL, the UKF one is far nicer than my own. But never say never. ;)

Haha. Insainener I like to think! Keep up the good work and thanks!

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

Oh, and if you need ref picks for ship stuff then give me a buzz!

The new "Large WIP" looks awesome Rock

well done to the RKSL team

P.S any news on the UAV's?

P.S any news on the UAV's?

No real updates. Its still very much a "work in progress".

Hey Rock,

What's the ETA on the EF update? I understand you're a busy man :).

Hope you're well,

Rob

Hey Rock,

What's the ETA on the EF update? I understand you're a busy man .

Hope you're well,

Rob

Oh there lies a long and very involved tail...

The "proper" update has been delayed. I'm trying to get an interim update out asap. But that has had some problems:

• The "promised" New sounds. - Well as i mentioned a while back we had someone come forward and offer to re-mix some proper Typhoon sounds for us. After reasonable sounding excuses/delays and several protracted games of "Skype Tennis" The new sounds arrived. Only they appear to be rips from a commercial product. The 'donater' hasn't replied to my emails. So obviously we cant use them. :mad:
  • 'New' Textures and RVMATs - Again I had promises from someone that they would make us some new textures. After 3 months of nagging and vague promises they finally turned up. And they are pretty poor - quite honestly they were total shite- uncredited cut and paste jobs from FSX and other community made stuff. So we definitely won't be using them

So what ive done is take a 2 phase approach.

Phase 1 - Fixes and short reworks

• Fixed up the currently available model
  • New Flight model/performance
  • Better AI performance
  • Various small model tweaks
  • slightly reworked cockpit
  • New MFD displays
  • New HUD setup
  • Improved HUD function and Targeting.
  • Split the PBO into a core file and a "plugin"
  • Added full support for texture swapping via config.
  • Added German Luftwaffe EF2000 plugin with German Language support.
  • Improved the Stringtable support for non-English speakers.
  • Improved the Weapons pack
  • Added to the weapons pack
  • Changed some config values
  • Various script upgrade
  • Added detach option to the break chute.
  • Brake chute automatically detaches over a set speed.

Phase 2 - Model Revamp - All of the above +

• Improved model
  • Reworked Forward fuselage to correct for the odd blending and vent placement.
  • Split the main texture over two tiles now.
  • Increased the detail on the textures
  • Added support for Myke's leaning.
  • Improved Normal and RVMATs (rendered as opposed to drawn)

And more.

Phase 1 ETA - Its planned for 1-5 weeks depending on how much free time i get. I know it keeps getting drawn out but i'm travelling a lot and when i'm home I'm trying to spend as much time with my mother as she is seriously not well.

Phase 2 ETA - How long is a piece of string?

;)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

The thread has been cleaned up, this thread is for discussing specific WIP addons, not for discussing release policies and IP ownership policies blah blah, there are other threads for that.

Very quick update... Click the pics for full resolution

Typhoon1-4PR_feb11_1th.jpg

Typhoon1-4PR_feb11_2th.jpg

Typhoon1-4PR_feb11_3th.jpg

More info later... ;)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

very nice new info! and n1 on reopening the thread, lets just hope it won't become another sh*tstorm

I wonder what projects you'll have left to do, Rock, since I heard on the news that they're going to be scrapping off the Tornado :\

I wonder what projects you'll have left to do, Rock, since I heard on the news that they're going to be scrapping off the Tornado :\

Good! Then it might get declassified and DCS or someone can make an epic sim. :p

Update looks good Rock, nice to see you finally got someone to help you with it.

They are scrapping the F.3. But only reducing the GR4 fleet size. Most of those are headed into storage for parts. But the oldest will be sent to St Athan to be stripped and scrapped though.

...Update looks good Rock, nice to see you finally got someone to help you with it.

Nope. I got tired of waiting and did it myself in the end. :p

They are scrapping the F.3. But only reducing the GR4 fleet size. Most of those are headed into storage for parts. But the oldest will be sent to St Athan to be stripped and scrapped though.

Really hope thats a very subtle hint...

Looking forward to the update, We dont get to use it much in our clan, but im sure rexeh tries to put it into every mission he makes.

Really hope thats a very subtle hint...

Looking forward to the update, We dont get to use it much in our clan, but im sure rexeh tries to put it into every mission he makes.

I'm not allowed to make hints anymore. But you'll have to wait and see what comes. :eek:

Wow update looks gorgeous rock..... Is the central MFD showing actual targetting imformation?

Hi Rock. Tried sending you a pm but your inbox is full. Just made a new install of the game and your addons. But can remember how to set up the flares and instructions on the readme directs to your site which i down. so could you pm me instructions. Thx

Wow update looks gorgeous rock..... Is the central MFD showing actual targetting imformation?

Its not anything fancy just the normal MFD command. But all the Displays and MFDs actually do something useful now.

Going from left to right a row at a time. The displays are:

• HUD - Improved Symbology
  • PIRATE (IRST) Shows the standard targeting boxes in a 5 degree boresight directly in front of you.
  • Weapons Control (Small Screen on the far left) - Shows Current weapons selections.
  • MFD1 - Boresight radar/IR again with target range queues and VVI.
  • MFD2 - HUD data replicated.
  • MFD3 - Fuel States.
  • Warning Panel - Lower right.

Hi Rock. Tried sending you a pm but your inbox is full. Just made a new install of the game and your addons. But can remember how to set up the flares and instructions on the readme directs to your site which i down. so could you pm me instructions. Thx

The site should be up soon. I know i keep saying it but life is really busy right now and i only seem to get a few hours each night.

Setting up the Flares is pretty easy:

Goto the Options Menu

1. Then Controls
  2. Then from the drop down pick Custom Controls
  3. Scroll down to "Use Action 20" and bid it to a key of your choice. I use the default countermeasures key - "R"
  4. Click OK and you are ready.

Can you still make an F.3 evan though its being scrapped

I don't know we'll have to see what happens in the future.

Thanks for the info rock.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOLFOfmr4nuswwAVpzl_juoLDv5Mi7bxAlm7BZ5Fq8T7yulRBR5A&t=1

Oh yeah... Just one more thing....

Whats happening to the harrier project?

Thanks for the info rock.....

Oh yeah... Just one more thing....

Whats happening to the harrier project?

I'm retexturing it. And the MFD/HUDs are getting the "Typhoon treatment".