Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Is it possible to get some gameplay footage on the UAV?

I dont see why not. Let me sort something out with UNN and we'll post something after the weekend.

Awesome work Rock! :eek:

Edit:

How's Ilha Morrom coming along? :p I've been addicted to it for a while now. The only bad thing is the lack of runways on the Sat map. lol

I've found a couple bugs with it too.

At grid 200233 there is a random runway light in the middle of the road, at 036075 the road is broken up, and at grid 028055 there are random road segments on the airfield. I'll keep you posted on any more issues I find.

Edited by b00ce

Awesome work Rock!

Edit:

How's Ilha Morrom coming along? I've been addicted to it for a while now. The only bad thing is the lack of runways on the Sat map. lol

Its going slowly. But its about to pick up.

Well the satmask at least is going slowly. But to get a decent satmaskI really need to finalise the town and road layouts. To do that I need to finish the building pack and some of the custom objects. I'm trying to get a decent set of buildings done at least in basic form.

But a small number of people have asked if they can help out placing stuff. I'm packaging it all up for download. With them helping things should speed up.

I've found a couple bugs with it too.

At grid 200233 there is a random runway light in the middle of the road, at 036075 the road is broken up, and at grid 028055 there are random road segments on the airfield. I'll keep you posted on any more issues I find.

Yeah that's the curse of the random click. Those things are scattered all over the place. Its just the first object in the object picker list.

The website and bugtracker should be up soon. I'll make sure IM is set as public.

Rock,

Is it possible to add a standard loadout - can advise if required.

Already ahead of you. The pics just have the stock hellfire proxies to help with placement.

Just a few questions:

1 - Paveway IV or GBU-16 on UK Reapers?

2 - In that pic what is the pod on the right wing?

3 - And is that on the UK fit too?

I've seen several different loadouts on both US and UK Reapers. I'm going to do a similar system to the Typhoon re armaments:

• 4x Hellfire and 2x GBU16/PW4
  • 8x Hellfire
  • 4x Hellfire

All were on pics claiming to be operational loads flying out of Kandahar but some look more like test airframes. Are all pukka for operations?

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

And some more WIP stuff...

The Unadorned Warrior

Since UKF seem to be hibernating and PR now have both the UKF and BAF models to play with I thought I'd finish my own model. Well that and the fact I want to use it in the IA mod I thought I'd better pull my finger out.

I'm planning on a couple of versions but I'm not going to go mad with it.

FAQ1 - Will there be an uparmoured version?

A - Yes

FAQ2 - Will there be a WRAP2 version?

A - Yes

FAQ3 - Does it have a proper interior?

A - Yes, including the driver position.

rksl-fv510-101.jpg

rksl-fv510-105.jpg

rksl-fv510-103.jpg

rksl-fv510-104.jpg

Why am I showing you all this? Well as you can probably tell I'm managing to get alot of our old/stalled/incomplete projects rolling again. And we have a plan!

I love it when a plan comes together!

That Warrior looks very nice indeed!

Its going slowly. But its about to pick up.

Well the satmask at least is going slowly. But to get a decent satmaskI really need to finalise the town and road layouts. To do that I need to finish the building pack and some of the custom objects. I'm trying to get a decent set of buildings done at least in basic form.

But a small number of people have asked if they can help out placing stuff. I'm packaging it all up for download. With them helping things should speed up.

Good to know. Looking forward to seeing updates. I'm curious, what sort of/how much fauna can we expect to see on Morrom?

Yeah that's the curse of the random click. Those things are scattered all over the place. Its just the first object in the object picker list.

The website and bugtracker should be up soon. I'll make sure IM is set as public.

Challenge accepted. :smiley-evil:

Also, the warrior is looking good.

P.s.

eo1kNmagy10

Had to keep going into 3rd person so I could hear how fast my rotors were going, the only real problem with having the cockpit silent. Hearing the rotor blades and, more importantly, the high pitched whine really helps with auto-rotation and maintaining rotor RPM.

Speaking of the Lynx/Puma/Merlin... Do I even need to ask? :p

Also, Just before I made the video, I fell back in love with the Puma/ Lynx because I noticed the gauges were all spot on with airspeed (Kts translates perfectly into kph) and the altimeter is amazing. :yay:

Rock, just seen the Warrior. Think I've had an accident the the pants department lol.

Great work, looks brilliant. Will we be seeing more land based equipment soon?

Keep up the great work.

Anybody else seen the mistake on the Warrior, Rock?

:)

Good to know. Looking forward to seeing updates. I'm curious, what sort of/how much fauna can we expect to see on Morrom?

Fauna; to be honest nothing more that the stock arma animals. Unless someone feels like making me something special. Its going to be mostly deserty savannah with several green zones and towns in the valleys and plains so not really a decent habitat for much more than rabbits and domesticated livestock and the odd "lobbing" puppy.

Had to keep going into 3rd person so I could hear how fast my rotors were going, the only real problem with having the cockpit silent. Hearing the rotor blades and, more importantly, the high pitched whine really helps with auto-rotation and maintaining rotor RPM.

Ok i get the hint. You want a version with the unrealistic interior noise. Once the website get sorted I'll publish the much overdue and promised updates.

You do realise you could always just make a config update dont you? Something that changes the base class values.

[speaking of the Lynx/Puma/Merlin... Do I even need to ask? :p

You should know better! :p

All will get updated once the website goes live. Apart from some weapon related tweeks the "new" update version is ready.

The Merlin, requires a bit more "love". The BAF textures put mine to shame and It made me a little self conscious. I'm confident that the next proper release will close that gap in features if not in actual textures.

Also, Just before I made the video, I fell back in love with the Puma/ Lynx because I noticed the gauges were all spot on with airspeed (Kts translates perfectly into kph) and the altimeter is amazing. :yay:

Do you know that in 4 years I think you are the only one that has noticed and commented on that.

Kick 'em in the nuts, Rock et al.

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that. Or who i'm assualting but I'll choose to take it as a compliment :D

Great work, looks brilliant. Will we be seeing more land based equipment soon?

Oh yes. Lots. :nener:

Well there are more than a few on this 'Work in Progress' model but go on Paul let me have it! What have you noticed?

Or is the mistake that I didnt give it you to test? :rolleyes:

Sorry, not just yet. There are still a few cosmetic issues to sort out with the HUD, once we've ironed out all the MP bugs. Still have to add the waypoint editor dialogs to.

We are really keen on doing a features video, only I would like to get as much as possible in place first.

Fauna; to be honest nothing more that the stock arma animals. Unless someone feels like making me something special. Its going to be mostly deserty savannah with several green zones and towns in the valleys and plains so not really a decent habitat for much more than rabbits and domesticated livestock and the odd "lobbing" puppy.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU...... Meant flora. >_< Trying to be all fancy and what not, but got my wires crossed... :rolleyes:

Ok i get the hint. You want a version with the unrealistic interior noise. Once the website get sorted I'll publish the much overdue and promised updates.

You do realise you could always just make a config update dont you? Something that changes the base class values.

Umm... >_> How do I do that? <_<

:(

You should know better! :p

All will get updated once the website goes live. Apart from some weapon related tweeks the "new" update version is ready.

The Merlin, requires a bit more "love". The BAF textures put mine to shame and It made me a little self conscious. I'm confident that the next proper release will close that gap in features if not in actual textures.

Great news! :yay: When can we expect the site to go up? lol I need my RKSL fix. :p

Personally, I think the Merlin texture is really good, all be it really clean in places like the engine exhausts.

Do you know that in 4 years I think you are the only one that has noticed and commented on that.

I notice little things. :p

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU...... Meant flora. >_< Trying to be all fancy and what not, but got my wires crossed... :rolleyes:

Ah I did wonder.

OK Flora... I'm aiming for West African. I'm evaluating Berghoff's African Plants and vs custom models. Right now I honestly don't know which way we'll go.

Umm... >_> How do I do that? <_<

:(

I just knew you were going to ask that. I'll try and sort something for you later

Great news! :yay: When can we expect the site to go up? lol I need my RKSL fix. :p

When its done. I've got a few commercial jobs to finish first but honestly I want it to be as soon as possible.

Personally, I think the Merlin texture is really good, all be it really clean in places like the engine exhausts.

Its not just the base colours. It's the spec and normal maps. All together it adds to the whole. It just need some more work.

Alright, thanks for the info. Take your time, I'm in no rush.

Rock,

Ref Standard Loadout

2x GBU-12 , 4x HF

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW-HyG3arggQfJY2TFG-fJYbzW2jCohY2py17Se1THEbF0sQxvXA

WID

When It's Done

Now back to topic

I would like to see more pics of your F-35. BIS lightning is not a real JSF, but an X-35B prototype.

The intakes, the lift fan doors and the shape are completely incorrect

Thanks

That both the sight units are the gunner's version of STAG/BGTI?

That's the only obvious 'mistake' to me. There are bits missing but we acknowledge its status as WIP in these cases. ;)

UAVs and WR are looking good Rock... Trust you to post loads of mega updates while I was unable to see any of it. :D

When is the harrier Going to be out?

As Mankyle says... When its done.

Now back to topic

I would like to see more pics of your F-35. BIS lightning is not a real JSF, but an X-35B prototype.

The intakes, the lift fan doors and the shape are completely incorrect

Thanks

I know all about the X-35 issue. I've been harping on a bout since the first magazine pics were released. Read my ArmA2 PreRelease Pressday review on Armaholic from nearly 3(?!) years ago.

Well if you want to finish it you can have the F-35B model. Since the UK SDSR inspired switch to the F-35C I've pretty much abandoned the B version. Its "free to a good home", to anyone with serious intentions of finishing it.

That's the only obvious 'mistake' to me. There are bits missing but we acknowledge its status as WIP in these cases.

UAVs and WR are looking good Rock... Trust you to post loads of mega updates while I was unable to see any of it.

@Da12Monkey is it just the vertical splitter that's the difference between the sights?

This is what I'm using as reference.

In my defence I'm not really a "tank" person. Among my few experiences with Warriors include being covered in mud by one on an ex and nearly knocking myself out on the turret cage when the driver slammed the anchors on a tad too quickly. Neither occasion did i have the time to actually look closely at them vehicle itself.

...Besides both occasions were over 16 years ago now.

I'm open to constructive and non cryptic criticism so any technical help you can give me I'm happy to get.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

That's the only obvious 'mistake' to me. There are bits missing but we acknowledge its status as WIP in these cases. ;)

UAVs and WR are looking good Rock... Trust you to post loads of mega updates while I was unable to see any of it. :D

The front light cluster is upside down. The marker/indicator lights are wrong way up. :) Indicator is usually the bottom lens with marker light on top.

I know all about the X-35 issue. I've been harpoing on a bout since the first magazine pics were released. Read my ArmA2 PreRelease Pressday review on Armaholic from nearly 3(?!) years ago.
You'll be happy to see the Arma3 version then.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251130_196648663715205_192181357495269_479131_699927_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248669_196648657048539_192181357495269_479130_6011099_n.jpg

Or... rather, not.

Yeah I saw that. :(

But I am making a proper F-35C. I've cancelled my own F-35B project but i do have a fairly advanced model in P3D format available.

rksl-f35b-freetoagoodhome_th.jpg

If someone seriously wants to finish it I'll happily hand over the model and source. But obviously with some conditions:

1. The end product is released publically.
  2. It is released as a standalone addon (not everyone is willing to use huge addon packs like ACE etc)
  3. Full Credits are included for everyone involved.
  4. Absolutely no military or commercial use, resale or profiteering.

If anyone is genuinely serious about finishing it PM me.

@Da12Monkey is it just the vertical splitter that's the difference between the sights?

This is what I'm using as reference.

There are a couple of minor differences in size and shape between the two sight heads but the partition on the gunner model is the obvious one.

Cmdr sight, Gnr sight

As you can see, the other differences aren't that noticeable unless you poke around in the sight housing.

AFAIK the only Warriors with the gunner sight variant fitted in the commander's position were the few Battery Command Vehicles that were fitted with BGTI.

FV515 BCVs weren't BOWMAN-ised (except the handful that were converted to ambulances under a UOR) so the vehicle commanders position doesn't have capacity for fitting the Battlefield Management System that is integrated into BOWMAN with the usual BGTI commander's suite (like you get on 510, 511 and 514), so the gunner's variant without all the BMS stuff was used instead. IIRC BCV 'gunners' were making do with the original Raven sights as they don't really require the vision enhancement that BGTI offers.