Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Yikes. Dogs can't have chocolate. :/

The vehicle looks great though! :)

Abs

Close... you get the cookie crumbs ;)
Yes you are correct, however my niece shared the last cookie with the dog so you are out of luck. :eek:

:( Thats not fair he gets cookie crumbs and i dont get anything :p

Either you are the worlds biggest geek or you spend an inordinate amount of time playing these little games. ;)

Im not a geek ;) but then again it took me under 5 min to get this one.

1. Its not a western artillery unit (as90, M109 or pzh2000) so those where quick to dismiss

2. Although it could be russian i dismissed to start with from my knowledge/training as recon.

3. You earlier mentioned something about chinnese units after the J20 pictures so it was a good place to start.

So in the end it came up as the third one i looked at :)

The cargo system was one of those projects that has always been on the Yes/No threshold since ArmA2 went live. The simplest explanation for its non-appearence in A2/OA is that we got distracted and spent the time "doing something more interesting instead". (1970s UK Kids TV reference there)

So to summarise, while it would be nice to get it back in the game its probably not going to happen becasue we already have too many other projects and commitments already. :butbut:

Im also one of those who really liked the the cargo system and is hopeing for it in arma2. So was wondering is there a lot of work in taking it from arma 1 to 2?? Or is it because if you want to release it again you want to remake it from scratch?? And last UNN mentions that physx could make it a thing of the past?? why??

Yikes. Dogs can't have chocolate. :/

Try telling that to a 7 year old girl and a 14 month old Dog with a chocolate addiction :)

:( Thats not fair he gets cookie crumbs and i dont get anything :p

You have the satisfaction of knowing you are right and also the knowledge that a small girl and a dog saved you from "death-by-calories".

Im not a geek ;) but then again it took me under 5 min to get this one.

1. Its not a western artillery unit (as90, M109 or pzh2000) so those where quick to dismiss

2. Although it could be russian i dismissed to start with from my knowledge/training as recon.

3. You earlier mentioned something about chinnese units after the J20 pictures so it was a good place to start.

So in the end it came up as the third one i looked at :)

Yup you are a geek. Your explanation outs you as one :D

Im also one of those who really liked the the cargo system and is hopeing for it in arma2. So was wondering is there a lot of work in taking it from arma 1 to 2?? Or is it because if you want to release it again you want to remake it from scratch??

Its a pain in the ass to port. UNN is better to answer this since - as with all RKSL systems - its his baby. It would require some tedious work to upgrade for the new vehicles etc. And I suspect UNN would like to re-write a lot of the code using the knowledge he's acquired in the intervening time.

But in all honestly it probably wont rise again in A2/OA because we already have several seriously large projects running and we don't have the time to include the cargo system.

And last UNN mentions that physx could make it a thing of the past?? why??

Well with PhysX you have the ability to pick up an object and put it in the back of a truck etc and it stays where you put it. Unless you do something silly and crash/jump ridges/fly upside down etc. And that ability kind of overrides the need for a full cargo system. But as UNN already said there might be room for a GUI.

Try telling that to a 7 year old girl and a 14 month old Dog with a chocolate addiction :).

You have the satisfaction of knowing you are right and also the knowledge that a small girl and a dog saved you from "death-by-calories".

Hmm guess you will have to give me something else then ;)

Yup you are a geek. Your explanation outs you as one :D

Nah just exmilitary with a logical way of thinking ;)

Hey Rock,

A few days back i started to wonder something.

Will your Tornado have a variant with JP233s ?

Hey Rock,

A few days back i started to wonder something.

Will your Tornado have a variant with JP233s ?

Not on the first release. I'm only doing the GR4 not the GR1. The JP233 isnt in use anymore and to do it justice would require scripting. Something I'm not sure is worth it.

Will the tornado have the terrain avoiding/ NOE flying auto-pilot mode? :D

Will the tornado have the terrain avoiding/ NOE flying auto-pilot mode? :D

No autopilot, but it will have appropriate hud symbology that should make low flying a lot easier. ;)

Awesome! :D Can't wait! Is it waiting on your site? :p

Awesome! :D Can't wait! Is it waiting on your site? :p

Well the Tornado...erm...well. Its more the site is waiting on the Tornado. I finally got around to the "final" textures and well it just looked crap so i've remade it...again.

Soul Assassin, Sekra and more than a few others have alluded that i might be mad. Anyway this is my 8th total rebuild of the model. The good news is this one is looking like it might actually be 'the one'. I'm rather proud of this version. Pics will follow at a later date maybe.

And so the Tornado is mostly to blame for my not finishing the website. That and walking the dog, playing with the kids and generally avoiding doing it with every and any excuse I can find. Oh yeah and work is getting in the way.

Wer ist mein rTyphoon sounds jah?

mit der Typhoon auf ... oh sod it. Its on the my hard drive ready and waiting for the website.

Edited by RKSL-Rock
really bad grammar

*starts hoping it's painted in gray and dark green* :D Unless that easy-texture-thingy comes to life : P

As for the scripting for the submunitions, i'm guessing it would be very similar to some cluster bombs already made, right? I've seen a couple of ways so far, one producing a low fps spike by creating a series of explosions, and the other one being much more fps friendly and i believe realistic since it's was used for disabling runways, that makes several spreaded out craters, which i saw in this pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11145

and on the CBU equiped F-15 as well. But as you said, it's obviously up to you and your team to evaluate if it's worth it.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

By not finishing everything for us and not ignoring your "Real life" You are personally S*****G in Markes kettle every morning :P

Well the Tornado...erm...well. Its more the site is waiting on the Tornado. I finally got around to the "final" textures and well it just looked crap so i've remade it...again.

:eek:

Soul Assassin, Sekra and more than a few others have alluded that i might be mad. Anyway this is my 8th total rebuild of the model. The good news is this one is looking like it might actually be 'the one'. I'm rather proud of this version. Pics will follow at a later date maybe.

I know how that is. ;)

Stupid Dropship.

And so the Tornado is mostly to blame for my not finishing the website. That and walking the dog, playing with the kids and generally avoiding doing it with every and any excuse I can find. Oh yeah and work is getting in the way.

I also know how this is.

Stupid homework. :D

OK, may I present the reason I've not finished the RKSL Website: The version 8 Tornado base model:

(Its still WIP and has some obvious flaws so please dont moan about lighting flaws)

rksl_tornado_basemodel_001.jpg

rksl_tornado_basemodel_002.jpg

rksl_tornado_basemodel_003.jpg

rksl_tornado_basemodel_004.jpg

As I said previously I did have a much more advanced model (version 7) but when it was properly unwrapped and 1/2 textured it just looked crap so I started again. The new model is quite a but more optimised. About 20% less faces and vertices. As usual its fully animated and includes:

• Afterburners
  • Airbrakes
  • Swing wings
  • Flaps
  • Slats
  • Leading Edges
  • Pylons (not shown)
  • Landing gear inc dampers
  • Thrust Reverse Buckets
  • Suction Relief doors
  • Intake Compression/FOD ramps
  • Fully animated Cockpit
  • Custom HUD and Displays

And a lot more ;)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

It... It...

manly%20tears.png

It's beautiful.

Looks nice m8.

The tornado always reminds me of the F-105 Thnderchief for some reason.

Gulf war shemes planned at all m8?

version 8 Tornado base model

oh_you_a_few_funnys-s450x338-182288-580.jpg

Gulf war shemes planned at all m8?

Nope just going to do the GR4 and maybe the F3 version. I dont have time to do many other varients.

"Wot DM said in silly pictures"

Hey and how many times have you remade that f'ing chally?

Besides its better than the VBS2 Tonka and you know it :p

v1.5 of VBS2 has an all new TES variant of the CR2 now ;)

UK_Force;1973699']v1.5 of VBS2 has an all new TES variant of the CR2 now ;)

Yes I know mate, DM made it. but I also know it wasnt the first or the second model :D

Hey and how many times have you remade that f'ing chally?
I also know it wasnt the first or the second model :D

Hahaha, true... true... :whistle:

Indeed, thats why I'm "mad" :D

Tornado u say? Time to make couple of new valleys for a terrain following feature ;)