Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

ok cool thanks Rock. have you got anything on any of the Jets, If so can we have pictures?

ok cool thanks Rock. have you got anything on any of the Jets, If so can we have pictures?

I'm a bit lost? You want pictures of the Harrier squadron colours?

In some respects I have no control over that. I am limited by the game engine just like anyone else. But so far the feedback from the Beta testers is very good. People have made a point of saying how much fun it is to use in VTOL mode so I'm feeling quite positive about it.

Awesome news, as long as it's as good as, or better than, the F35 (Or even the Osprey :rolleyes: ), I'll be more than satisfied.

Ah, well a few things happened there. The obvious BS attacks on here and other events forced me rethink their re-release.

However there is a completely new set of models in dev testing at the moment. All with new features and textures etc. Among them is a varient of the overspeed system.

That's a shame, oh well. I'm glad to hear that there's still something in the works How far along the Dev process are they, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, does the new variant of the rotor-overspeed system involve listing to the retreating blade side? Or is it still the damage thing? Either way, I like it a lot.

I may release the config patches for the existing releases as an interim measure though. It depends on how work vs free time pans out.

Thank you. :)

No, Pictures of the harriers' in squadron colours flying around.

Not ready. And i dont have the facility on this laptop. It'll have to wait until i get some free time next week.

Awesome news, as long as it's as good as, or better than, the F35 (Or even the Osprey :rolleyes: ), I'll be more than satisfied.

Its marginally better than the F-35 in my opinion. Until you get into a mess (too much pitch or roll) then its nightmare to recover. Which is really how it should be.

That's a shame, oh well. I'm glad to hear that there's still something in the works How far along the Dev process are they, if you don't mind me asking?

A lot of people have asked for their own nation's version so I'm trying to make sure the next generation of models can support them. So as usual i'm trying to cover all bases with one model and its gotten a bit complicated. What I've done so far is make 2 basic airframes and 3 modular engines/extra packs.

Airframe 1 - Classic Lynx shape. This allows International Naval versions as well as British Army versions.

• Airframe 1A - AH7/9/9A nose
  • Airframe 1B - HAS2/3 nose
  • Airframe 1C - HMA8 nose
  • Airframe 1D - SuperLynx 300 Nose and varients

Airframe 2 - AW159 shape.

• Army Version - According to rumour they are changing the Optical turret position to an underslung system.
  • Naval Version
  • Engine Kit 2+ - Its own varient of the LHTEC LH800 engine cover like the AH9A

The Pumas are getting a similar treatment too... only slightly less modular but equally as complicated. :p

Also, does the new variant of the rotor-overspeed system involve listing to the retreating blade side? Or is it still the damage thing? Either way, I like it a lot.

Honestly I hadnt really planned to go that complicated (Which isnt really like me). I was just going to give it negative lift (it can easily be done in the current engine).

If you PM me a list of "like to haves" I'll see what we can come up with.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Will you be having openable/removable doors on them?

Yes there will be an option to manually control the doors. Just like the manual gear in our Merlin HC3.

I like the sound of the Lynx stuff, When are you planning that?

Seriously? After everyone else has told you not to ask, you ask?

The standard answer in this community is always the same: "Its done when its done."

Yes there will be an option to manually control the doors. Just like the manual gear in our Merlin HC3.

Seriously? After everyone else has told you not to ask, you ask?

The standard answer in this community is always the same: "Its done when its done."

just answer "SOON!" (Blizzard tdm) :D

Hey Rock when will your addons be finished?

See what I did thar? :D

Are you still interested in the typhoon sound mod? I mentioned it in PM but wasn't sure if it made you angry or something RE: the eventhandlers etc. If it's a yes I will need notice as I'm quite busy these days.

Are you still interested in the typhoon sound mod? I mentioned it in PM but wasn't sure if it made you angry or something RE: the eventhandlers etc. If it's a yes I will need notice as I'm quite busy these days.

Sorry mate I've been swamped recently I think ive missed replying to a dozen PMs...

Re the sound mod - yes mate I'm interested in it but I've not got the time right now. Work is killing me. Its probably better to grab me on Skype (rksl-rockape) these days.

Anything Interesting happening? or is this a bad thing to ask?

Well a few "interesting" things happened this week...

1. My offices were burgled last week. They nicked 3 workstations and two servers as well as two waste bins. Its all insured (well the bins probably arent) but its a pain in the arse and the insurance assessor came around for a chat on Friday.
  2. Monday, I finally submitted my tax return for the last financial year (going to get fined since its late).
  3. Wednesday night I had a rather pleasent meal with a incredibly bright, attractive and very female mechanical engineer.
  4. As a result of #1 I've got a new phone. Blackberry 9800 Torch, only a minor upgrade from my Storm 9500 but its rather nice all the same.
  5. I'm still swamped with work. Its all a pain in the arse but it pays the bills so takes a higher priority than modding.
  6. Even after a lot of previous suggestions, someone keeps asking stupid questions ;)
  7. I managed to let my dog off the lead today without her nearly causing a car crash. (Its been at least a month since the last incident)
  8. I had a rather nice Chinese meal with my Brother and his wife this evening.
  9. Sekra helped me fix a problem with our web server the other night that will mean I can finally finish the website.
  10. I've just spent the last hour taking screen shots for the documentation on the new website.

Other than the above nothing really exciting has happend.

1. My offices were burgled last week. They nicked 3 workstations and two servers as well as two waste bins. Its all insured (well the bins probably arent) but its a pain in the arse and the insurance assessor came around for a chat on Friday.

Wow.. My car was burgled this week and I noticed it today when going to buy some groceries.. "Luckily" I'm aware that a 1989 Toyota is not the safest place to keep any items inside so nothing valuable was there and nothing was taken nor broken. Only issue it caused was that the battery was basically empty, it had enough juice to spin the starter two times and just as I was pulling out my phone to call a buddy of mine to give some power I tried one last time, one last spin and it started :D :yay:

snip.

And you did ALL of this without going to the toilet? Or did you miss those parts out? Either that or you're Jack Bauer in hiding. :p

I hereby request you ammend your timelog with toilet breaks including type in effect, size of the target area and BDAs.

Well a few "interesting" things happened this week...
  2. Monday, I finally submitted my tax return for the last financial year (going to get fined since its late).
  3. Wednesday night I had a rather pleasent meal with a incredibly bright, attractive and very female mechanical engineer.
  4. As a result of #1 I've got a new phone. Blackberry 9800 Torch, only a minor upgrade from my Storm 9500 but its rather nice all the same.
  5. I'm still swamped with work. Its all a pain in the arse but it pays the bills so takes a higher priority than modding.
  6. Even after a lot of previous suggestions, someone keeps asking stupid questions ;)
  7. I managed to let my dog off the lead today without her nearly causing a car crash. (Its been at least a month since the last incident)
  8. I had a rather nice Chinese meal with my Brother and his wife this evening.
  9. Sekra helped me fix a problem with our web server the other night that will mean I can finally finish the website.
  10. I've just spent the last hour taking screen shots for the documentation on the new website.

Other than the above nothing really exciting has happend.

This is just no acceptable at all, You must leave all personal life activities behind until you've made every aircraft from every armed forces, past and present.

then you must create a time machine so you can create every future aircraft from all armed forces.

When this is complete, then you're allowed a personal life!

UPDATE 1: You will be all pleased to know the Police apparently recovered the waste paper bins and cables. (Chris rang me to tell me this morning at 9am (on a FREAKING SUNDAY! - little bugger never sleeps late)

UPDATE 2: I'm going out this afternoon with the "very female Mechanical Engineer"

...what Sekra said...

I'm just amazed you left the house. :)

And you did ALL of this without going to the toilet? Or did you miss those parts out? Either that or you're Jack Bauer in hiding. :p

Of course I'm Jack Bauer but I sideline as Chuck Norris on alternate days too. Which of course means that toilet functions just aren't an issue.

I hereby request you ammend your timelog with toilet breaks including type in effect, size of the target area and BDAs.

Simply just not interesting enough for these forums. Besides you know some "expert" will pop(float?) up and try to disprove the presence, effect and scale of my poo. ;)

But the cleaning lady did comment on the state of the bathroom in the office on Friday. I blame my employees (Chris and Liam are slobs.).

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

This is just no acceptable at all, You must leave all personal life activities behind until you've made every aircraft from every armed forces, past and present.

then you must create a time machine so you can create every future aircraft from all armed forces.

When this is complete, then you're allowed a personal life!

I did that in the future already and sent it back with a message about Skynet... wait thats a film...

Besides I have no life, I'm self employed. Its not allowed under the UK tax rules.

UPDATE 3 - this is atleast on topic, well the original topic. I've written most of the documentation for the new Typhoon and Airweapons update. Once our gameserver provider (UKGame) pulls its finger out of its arse and updates us to 1.59 we will be doing the final (hopefully) round of testing so we can release the Typhoon and a few other goodies.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

UPDATE 3 - this is atleast on topic, well the original topic. I've written most of the documentation for the new Typhoon and Airweapons update. Once our gameserver provider (UKGame) pulls its finger out of its arse and updates us to 1.59 we will be doing the final (hopefully) round of testing so we can release the Typhoon and a few other goodies.

ummm If you want, Havoc company's server is updated to 1.59. We'd be more than happy to give you access to it. But if you need the mod on the server, i can undersand if you're against the idea.

If you for the idea with the mod on the server, Im sure Rexeh would be more than happy (and wetting himself) at the idea of helping you out.

All in the name of no life and giving rather than taking!

Just a qwik ?, i got your Runway textures from somewhere, and i was wondering what runway they are modelled on or from, was that in Arma?

One question:

It is a "very female Mechanical Engineer" or a totally female Mechanical Engineer?

One question:

It is a "very female Mechanical Engineer" or a totally female Mechanical Engineer?

Maybe thats what hes planning on finding out tonight.