Sign in to follow this  
koroush47

Why are there literally 0 PVP servers?

I was looking in the server light last night and to my expectations the only games i saw was COOP and CL revolution.

Where the heck are the PVP games? Not every1 wants to play COOP server admins. I don't find it fun shooting computers, it's not satisfying.

And the point of doing that when the existing ones aren't populated is...?

...giving the threadstarter the answer to his question.

Search for AAS. Normally between 20 and 23 CET you have 1-2 full servers.

i agree, this game relys on coop too much, i mean its fun killing the ai, but the dumb tthings they do and the superman senses they have get kinda lame after awhile. i mean what is the point of a ghillie suit sniper when he is almost instantly spotted once he fires.

COOP isn't fun, seriously. (I think so anyways)

computers are boring no matter how good the AI is.

It is always better to play with humans, they are more unpredictable and vary in tactics and skill levels.

the AI are as hard as they are set to, and after a while of playing with them you will learn a basic idea of whats going to happen while fighting them.

AI = Intel/AMD cpu

Human = Most powerful computer known to mankind

What do you think would be better, server admins?

coop has always been fun for me...when you play PvP you have a bunch of Rambo's and campers and that's worse then the AI

there's a couple of Berzerk mode servers which are PvP and hold up to at least 128 players.

There are a few good PvP servers. Germany seems to have the best/most and the US seems to have the least. BMF, C5, SBS, and a few others (US) late at night (10 pm cst or later) seem to be pretty active. My US PvP server was mostly empty for 2 months so I cancelled it, just not much demand for PvP I suppose.

pvp for this game seems to have declined since i played a few weeks ago. when ofp2 comes out it will kill it dead. coop always seem so laggy, unrewarding and populated by stupid people. i dont see much of an Arma2 future tbh :/

The main problem is that even though the game is new, we don't really see attempts at making new gametypes that work well with this game. The 2 I've made myself didn't get tested by pretty much anyone other than myself and my friends, which simply isn't enough to make any real fixes/improvements. And it's not that they're not fun (that is, I have yet to have someone come and say "this mission is not fun"), as they don't even get tested in the firstplace. And it's not like my missions are bug-prone, as they use minimal scripting and no UI or all those fancy stuff that take a lot of work and don't make significant gameplay improvements.

Why are there literally 0 PVP servers?

Because ArmA isn't a traditional release that provides pre-defined gametypes out of the box, it's sandbox-centric, meaning people get to develop their own games with it. Unfortunately while there is a great deal of interest in PvP, especially from those new to the series, the PvP missions that have been developed so far just aren't polished enough (yet) to meet the expectations these players bring from other games where adversarial multi-player is created, tested and balanced by the studio as part of the game's development.

I personally feel it's something of a lost opportunity for BIS, successful multiplayer that subscribes to the typical gamer's expectation would act as a very strong driver for sales while introducing those players to the other possibilities available with this game.

I agree that there should've been at least 1 pvp mission that works well and isn't a straight-up copy from another game like the current template missions that don't really work well unless they are extensively fine-tuned (which again should've been done by BIS). Having a good starting point for PvP would've been very good, so mission makers can see what works and what doesn't rather than just try something brand new or import something from OFP/Arma.

thats my problem i love pvp hate coop and shit cuz its to easy and AI is always stupid and act the same

Berzerk mission is fun I always find a server with 80 players or more but we need a pvp mission where we can have dogfights with jets helis as well as infantry combat.

I'd like to see Benny's warfare stripped of ai and played on a server that can handle 100 real people would be great.

What do you think would be better, server admins?

We've had a very strong following of COOP players for 2 years now. The folks that frequented our ArmA:CO server are back for more in ArmA II.

From an administrators perspective, it is easy to set up and run. COOP maps aren't as controlled by time of day as a PvP map. Anyone can join at any time and play the mission. If it's really early (or really late, depending on how you look at it) and you're joining a PvP map by yourself, the odds are against you of getting someone else to play against. These servers cost us, and putting a map up that isn't going to bring in players just doesn't make sense. And I can't get on with that "well if you put it up, they will come play" line, as there are plenty of empty PvP servers that say otherwise...

XR #1 & #2 is running Warfare, along with 5-6 other servers. XR is packed 24/7.

Just be sure to install your perception implant before joining my team, otherwise I'll rip your guts out and hang them on the closest airfactory.

Just be sure to install your perception implant before joining my team, otherwise I'll rip your guts out and hang them on the closest airfactory.

ARMA 2 doesn't support "guts" and "ripping".

Sorry. :p

well thats great. what is XR #1 & #2 ?

well thats great. what is XR #1 & #2 ?

Filter -> Host: XR - CTI Server #1/#2

Hosted by Hotshots Clan

I'd like to see Benny's warfare stripped of ai and played on a server that can handle 100 real people would be great.

Well since i am a real Warfare FAN (i was kinda suprised with ArmA1 Patch 1.08) i would like to see Warfare with more players too.

but we all know that no goddam server can hold this except you borrow a supercomputer from NASA or smth similar. *dreaming* :cool:

Also the clients have to be some kind of a half supercomputer to process all the things moving on the battlefield :D

i mean, its not one vehicle per player ... NO! it can be 5 tanks per player! or even more!

and all the effects going on while fighting ... explosions ... artillery impacts ... big, bigger, biggest smokeclouds ... ok stop that shit, you all know what i mean :p

maybe in the next hardware generation ...

greets

3agle

i agree.i look always for berzerk but it s hard to find them....and some server dont allow me to enter.....

Some of the better PvP servers change things and drive people away. BMF was the lowest ping, best PvP server and is alwasy full. They turned off the ingame Voice though, which had always been on before. Now, the teamwork that was coming along has completely disappeared just like other servers with no ingame voice on. It's the few regular/clan guys who use Vent or TS and the rest who cant communicate just wandering doing their own thing. (really, who has time to read the typing that goes by so fast?)

I was hoping the PvP would improve as the Summer went on and the "newness" of the game wore off, but it just seems to be getting worse.

The voice is off because it crashes the game, so hopefully BIS will fix it someday. You also can't understand much of what people are saying even when it is on anyway.