FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Tragic? It's a video game, there is nothing tragic about any of this.

Video. Game.

You know what's really annoying?

This

â–¼

But in any case, you're right. Relax people. Afterall, it's still a video game. You can still choose not to buy it.

Tragic? It's a video game, there is nothing tragic about any of this.

Video. Game.

^This^ however, is a very interesting thing for someone to say who has a predisposition to fall off the damning end of an opinion.. Ad nauseum.

I'm merely disappointed that the stackup of possibilities has been whittled down to a shoebox shooter by the omitted small details that we, the PC gamers, have enjoyed for over a decade.

Oh well, less time on games means more time for projects. I'll look on this is a blessing to increase my productivity. Arma II is taking enough of that already :p

Awaiting the demo.

Well I want to decide for myself on this game, you guys really need to cut out the bashing...

It's disappointing news about the demo, definitely not getting the game if there is no demo, and if there is no demo coming out on console...it isn't happening. The game might end up being good but I'll never know without a demo to try myself.

Well I want to decide for myself on this game, you guys really need to cut out the bashing...

It's disappointing news about the demo, definitely not getting the game if there is no demo, and if there is no demo coming out on console...it isn't happening. The game might end up being good but I'll never know without a demo to try myself.

They want to cash in on the OFP name. They know damn well that many of the people who are expecting a game like OFP won't buy it if they see the console nonsense that is DR.

CM would never support/produce a niche game in this day and age.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Cry me a river:now:

Taking flak is part of his job, which he gets paid for. The internet is not the place where you go for a civilized treatment unfortunately.

Edited by JdB

Taking flak is part of his job, which he gets paid for. The internet is not the place where you go for a civilized treatment unfortunately.

I thought there were major fanboys on this forum until I experience fanatical fanboys in that "don't bash Helio" thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for brown noising to get a better paying job, but what's the point on a gaming forum? Are you going to get to kiss Helios or get a free game out of it? How does brown noising ensure that constructive criticism is given to CM so they can produce a better game?

- at 3:07

How does that constitute a smoke screen? They had planned to put a load of animation into the game that didn't make it for technical or other reasons, and they have stated that fact. Please describe how you think that that's a smoke screen.

As a long time player of OPF and after recently getting arma/arma2 and just loving them both, so much, im so disappointed at what i see from codemasters. Cant believe they have the nerve to keep the OPF name, its not a flashpoint game, its barely realistic let alone a simulation.... No lean.. Come on thats just crazy.

And the lack of console demo has pretty much confirmed this game selling under 500,000 on xbox 360, and thats just a straight up flop, especially since they spent so much money developing this. I really wish it was good, i gave them chance after chance, put down the dodgy looking videos they released as just alpha/beta code, but there's no denying its just not OPF in the slightest. Oh well, at least we have BI putting out fantastic stuff.

And the official forum is a joke. You cant say a thing against OPF without being slammed by pages of fanboys telling you to go back to playing buggy ARMA (its called a patch, OPF will need a lot i guarantee you that).

And whats with mentioning ARMA on that forum? If anyone so much as mentions it they are told its terrible, its not to be talked about etc... Its really strange behavior.

Yup, i am just sitting here refreshing that page waiting for a clever video editor to upload the "Leave Britney Alone" hack in regards to this Helios thread. Its comical and what a bunch of corporate trolls they got going on over there protecting their crap title.

When CM decided to do a Op FP game, they put a set of clown shoes on their desk. (Some big shoes to fill) They ended up with infant shoes as final product... They sold out, they knew it going in. It is so obvious now. They tried to take OPFP to a hit selling COD type series on a XBOX console and thought PC Gamers would go for the ride? LOL, not bloody likely... I mean what a horrible idea to take a classic and downsize it and recreate a game to be nothing like it. Call it fun and expect to continue the franchise.. It's like going to a Rambo 5 flick and seeing John Rambo fall in love and turns out its a romantic chick flick with no demo, TRUST US GUYS, TRUST US.. pfft

The exact same has been said by numerous people in regards to BI and their products. I think a more balanced approach to the subject is in order. BI had all kinds of awesome ideas when they were doing R&D for game 2. Some of them didn't make it to the final cut, or are in but in a limited way. Walker's post about load calculations seem to have some truth to them. They obviously thought they could do complex animations for getting in and out of vehicles, but found that the reward didn't outweigh the cost. I see no reason to think that CM were blowing a smoke screen on this issue. Their photoshopped promos and all that other target render crap is bullshit, but they didn't claim that it was ingame stuff.

I generally agree with the majority of your posts but not on this issue. True, that there is no absolute way to qualify what constitutes "promises" to "relative claims" but I think if you step back and look at everything they've said since day 1, it paints a pretty good picture of misleading at best, outright falsehoods at worst. Their initial arrogance and bravado in claiming that some of their team were from the origianl team and community set them off on the wrong foot imho. I still gave them the benefit of the doubt because they seemed to know all the right buzz words that longtime OFP fans crave to hear.

Now I see many of their longtime faithful, whom I believed had parallel or at least very similar hopes that we have in the Bi community of a quality mil-sim, yelling a collective WTF and being quickly replaced by another crew who seem to be happy with anything that CM sells them.

Again, its just a tiny wiggle with the gun and some waving of arms, universal for all weapons, its not a "real" animation.

WRONG: There is a full animation viewable in first-person AND 3rd person

You see your in game soldier is holding the rifle CORRECTLY unlike OFP2

and the soldiers WHOLE body is renedered in the game so if you look down.....

(With the ALT key.......another Arma II feature called Freelook)

or if you nod your head down with TrackIR......(Another supported feature OfP2) lacks. you will see there is indeed a FULL reload animation.

Try again....or do you need video proof?... Choose your answer wisely

because I can post video in HIGH-DEFINITION if your have bad eyesight

and of course you'll come off as looking like an idiot.

Same goes for the vehicle animations..... No their not 100% of getting in and out but they are animations

unlike OFP2 which has NONE......ZIPPO.....NADDA.......ZERO....... You magicaly appear inside and out of the vehicle

after a short blackout like Battlefield........

Again..... If you need video proof in HIGH-DEFINITION cause your blind or something let me know and I'll post them

Seems the OFP2 kiddies are trying to spew the bull over here now

Give it up already. OFP2 is a run and gun dumbed down consolized shooter......ooops..... I mean ..A.C.C.E.S.S.I.B.L.E....

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Their photoshopped promos and all that other target render crap is bullshit, but they didn't claim that it was ingame stuff.

They're still slipping pre-renders into the in-game videos every few scenes.

the videos just have som many jumpcuts and video effects added it's hard to notice right away unless you watch in HD and pause.

Edited by jblackrupert

Well, I picked "decide from the demo" in these polls several months back.

Can A Mod alter or maybe reset them? lol, I have a new chioce.

Seems "reviews" is all I will have, to help decide.

Hahaha

When CM decided to do a Op FP game, they put a set of clown shoes on their desk. (Some big shoes to fill)

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Every time I look it's either a new feature thats been ripped out or lie/exageration revealed

or yet another long time OFP2 preacher begins to doupt his religion.

Mods must be going crazy over there now that many of the propaganda preachers are turning against them, I wound't doupt the mods/CM

have been having meetings to decide wether to ban them, delete their posts

or pulling their hair out trying how to deal with them.

My guess the forum is going to get a good cleaning a week before release.

Now I see many of their longtime faithful, whom I believed had parallel or at least very similar hopes that we have in the Bi community of a quality mil-sim, yelling a collective WTF and being quickly replaced by another crew who seem to be happy with anything that CM sells them.
Edited by jblackrupert

WRONG: There is a full animation viewable in first-person AND 3rd person

You see your in game soldier is holding the rifle CORRECTLY unlike OFP2

and the soldiers WHOLE body is renedered in the game so if you look down.....

(With the ALT key.......another Arma II feature called Freelook)

or if you nod your head down with TrackIR......(Another supported feature OfP2) lacks. you will see there is indeed a FULL reload animation.

Try again....or do you need video proof?... Choose your answer wisely

because I can post video in HIGH-DEFINITION if your have bad eyesight

and of course you'll come off as looking like an idiot.

Same goes for the vehicle animations..... No their not 100% of getting in and out but they are animations

unlike OFP2 which has NONE......ZIPPO.....NADDA.......ZERO....... You magicaly appear inside and out of the vehicle

after a short blackout like Battlefield........

Again..... If you need video proof in HIGH-DEFINITION cause your blind or something let me know and I'll post them

Seems the OFP2 kiddies are trying to spew the bull over here now

Give it up already. OFP2 is a run and gun dumbed down consolized shooter......ooops..... I mean ..A.C.C.E.S.S.I.B.L.E....

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

They're still slipping pre-renders into the in-game videos every few scenes.

the videos just have som many jumpcuts and video effects added it's hard to notice right away unless you watch in HD and pause.

Heheh, the OPFP:DR wiki says the game supports TrackIR, but the forums says it don't who do you believe?

A) FORUMS

B) WIKI

C) Noone, get the demo to decide.

OPFP:DR says that they have 220 kilo's of area..the missions state there are boundaries and you cant free roam, the forums say you can free roam.

Who do you believe?

A) FORUMS

B) WIKI

C) Noone, get the demo to decide.

Oh wait.. there is no demo to decide..

OFP:DP is a run and gun dumbed down consolized COD

A) DEVS SAY UNTRUE

B) FORUMS SAY TRUE

C) The truth, its not a run n gun.. its a walk n gun (remember its a TACTICAL SHOOTER according to the devs, its NOT a MILSIM, but as MILSIM AS WE COULD GET TRYING TO SELL 10 MILLION COPIES TO 10 YEAR OLD COD CAREBEARS, looking for a new fix before the real fix, nice try, not gonna happen)

99% of the pc market still things OPFP2 is the name of the game..

A) DEVS STARTED THAT WAY

B) DEVS STARTED THAT WAY

C) The truth, DEVS SHOULD HAVE STAYED THAT WAY AND NEVER CROSSED THE FRONT LINE

I was fooled by this when they changed the name and I thought it was just a

good idea as the name was long and blah blah blah, but the truth is.. they know

they werent representing OPFP, so they knew 2 would'nt be appropriate.. What they should have realized at that point.. the title PERIOD would not be appropriate. Any PC gamer out there right now will not call this OPFP, but CodeWriters: Dragon Rising would have been a better choice. There's no fooling us, what can possibly be gained from this bs attempt? Your pocketbook, cuz i might have bought it as Codewriters: Dragon Rising, but never will i fall victim and support a company who sold out the PC and a great game to do cheap limited work on a console adn try

to humor us and port it over.. hAHHA NOPE NO SIR NADA PERIOD.

BECOME OUTRAGED, you should... because this is nothing less then CM slapping your face and saying you stupid stupid man, still have a PC< we need more profits and less work.. you silly man.. here have a half a slice of bread

Nothing you can do can convince a PC Gamer otherwise at this point, no sense even launching it for the PC. Its not OPFP, it doesnt represent it, it know is saying its not trying to, and its not even going to give us the choice at launch to even see what it is. And when contacting my friends at the digital distrubution labs, they say its not even on the table, so somethign tells me its being delayed.. and quite frankly starting to wonder if a pc mission editor for the PC even exists and why?

Sounds like its totally useless game, supporting 50 combatants max, over a supersized island Horizons flashback anyone?

As far as I'm concerned Codemasters is now on my boycott list along with Ubisoft

and any other company that is spewing consolized crap to the PC market.

In this case it's the BLATANT lying and deceptive videos that has earned Codemasters a place on my list.

So that means I won't be buying Dirt 2 as I was planning. I have no intention of buying GRID 2....nore will I buy F1 when it comes out....... Boycott means BUYING NOTHING from companies like that.

Anyone mentioning arma2 on the CM forum just expect a ban, they have an avid arma hater in Viiiper (mod) everything arma2 is rubbished followed up by everything OFP-DR is the best ever.

He almost lives in the arma2 thread over there either trying to put people off the game or making stuff up, I had to make a video of red barrels just to prove another one of his blatant lies.

I got infractions for correcting the lies spread all over the forums.

I now only comment on a few things as I know if I step out of line this guy is gunning for all arma2 people.

You know the funniest thing, in the mod section of OFP-DR, they have a sticky of requested apps needed to mod the game, almost everyone that posted in that are from the arma2 mod scene, that silly bugger is chasing away the very people that could improve that game.

Go figure.

Southy

a17onc.png

The engine is the same as GRID which has TrackIR support

but the infrantry camera isn't in a natural head position

it's closer to your chest and the gun is attached to it.

Fact of the matter is with the tether (Co-op) and limited play areas in MP you'll probably die of a mysterious heart attack flying/driving into the no-no zone before you really get a look around.

Count to five in a chopper at full speed and you'll probably cover the 175metre mark., give it maybe 30 seconds full speed in one direction in a hummer

and you'll reach it.

Not sure, but here I found another article on DR forums that is pretty convincing of the left behind nature pc gamers are feeling today and frankly growing tired of.

I am not going to post as that is probabyl frowned upon here the link but rip it..

The title is called "The end of PC gaming is here.. Thanks to OPFP2"

if you want to go find it

------------------------------

Simply put, OPFP2 is a XBOX Console Game, the pc version is nothing more than a port, and we all know undoubtably that pc versions will never be the superior form of a game created in this context.. ......

I will still decide if I'll buy DR based on the demo, but this is really bad news. Not being able to walk in PC version without a controller? LOL

Although, I have to admitt I had my doubts as soon as I learned that DR would be released on 3 platforms simultaneously.

Honestly, which game do you know that was good on PC whit that kind of release? I can't think of one at the moment. :(

F***ing console ports...Note that I don't have nothing against console players.

Nothing else to add really...

Edited by Kernriver

I'd like to change my vote.

"I will decide based on the demo." => "No, I definitely won't buy it."