FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

There was a mod (I think it was Viiiper) who was actually taking part in the discussion and backing up the OP's absolutely retarded post, despite the fact most people saw him for the idiot he was, and counter-argued against people who disagreed with him. It was only when people started pointing out how much of a hypocrite he was (he had made arguments about ArmA fanboys that were equally applicable to what he was saying) that he, or one of the other mods, deleted the thread.

So, given all that you have said; how come he didn't have enough time to delete the thread, but had more than enough time to sustain his discussion in the thread on the anti-ArmA side?

When did i say he didnt have enough time to delete the thread? I said mods a CM just arent bothering to lock half the stuff there, if they're online or not, then usually after a while someone comes in and does a sweep of the forum. Like i said if you think the anti-arma topic is the only topic that has been left open with or without mods input you're mistaken. But you're right viiiper should have locked it but he did'nt, another did, but i dont think a rant in OT means theres some anti-arma conspiracy going on, ive seen plenty of stuff moved to the ARMA topic good or bad.

And im sorry but i didnt read the post, i saw the topic one but didnt pay any attention, i cant really be bothered with that kind of stuff.

And no matter what Viiiper views, still the point stands, ARMAII was alowed to be posted about and there was a very popular ARMAII thread, that only changed after i know Helios and Viiiper started reading this thread so...

And no matter what Viiiper views, still the point stands, ARMAII was alowed to be posted about and there was a very popular ARMAII thread, that only changed after i know Helios and Viiiper started reading this thread so...

So you're saying that they made the decision to move the ArmA thread based not on the content of that thread, but what's going on over here?

So you're saying that they made the decision to move the ArmA thread based not on the content of that thread, but what's going on over here?

The decision to lock/move ARMAII stuff came from in part anti-dr trolling and whats been said here.

I think the way CM saw it if theres constant anti-dr sentiment here why allow positive ARMAII at CM.

Just look at the attitude towards ARMAII here:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339606&page=2

Even Sir Polaris is posting ARMAII videos. So the sentiments cetainly didnt begin at CM.

And compare to this thread, so saying CM forums doesnt have an open mid comes off as a little rich to me.

Seems pretty stupid to punish people who were posting on that thread because of people posting on another thread on a completely different forum...

And was the anti-DR trolling actually taking place in the ArmA 2 thread?

Seems pretty stupid to punish people who were posting on that thread because of people posting on another thread on a completely different forum...

And was the anti-DR trolling actually taking place in the ArmA 2 thread?

The thread isn’t locked, people can still post in it, but new people will no longer learn about ARMAII, so there lies the real punishment. I didn’t want it moved and PM’d viiiper about it anyway.

But i can see where they're coming from, CM are attracting thousands of people to their forum who will read and learn about ARMAII in a positive light, while at BIS thousands will read and learn about DR in a negative light, from the companies and mods perspective it was inevitable there were going to get frustrated and do something about it.

And if i recall there was trolling in both DR topics and the ARMAII thread.

well there is a tons of DR and ARMA trolling over here, but then placebo and mods only gives +1 WL or ban at max to trolling if it really get far too off topic, or even to a point of personal attack or insulting(and edit some of them to iron out the really really insulting part, which would only leads to thread war or more spamming for stupid reason)

Considering there has been a negative attitude towards DR before the first gameplay footage came out I would say that a very hypocritical comment. Like I said it wasn’t always like this, it came about due to BIS attitude, and because of it less will know about ARMAII.

If you read my post I was not talking exclusively about ArmAII, I was talking about every games who're not ofp2, that's funny how your brain just filtered the information in my post.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

Nikiller my post was more a response to ch_123 than you, hence why i quoted his response to you.

I dont see how it not being deleted right away is supporting anything anti-arma?

Because at least one moderator was actually participating in it and joining in posting BS. But they deleted it instead of locking it to hide from the embarrassment I suppose :rolleyes:

That topic was such a joke and completely destroyed my respect for the people running that forum.

You can issue some complex commands using the map, like move :D

BTW, you seem to be able to carry 2 rifles + pistol at the same time.

In addition to a Javelin, grenades, and the ability to sprint? :p

Is it me or can others imagine playing this for a weekend or so, enjoying it, then not touching it again?

Damn right. In fact, if you have an M60, you have to run or else the gun won't fire!

6030163208be8vb6.jpg

Don't worry though, I know a guy who knows a guy whose brother-in-law met a guy in the bar who said he was in the Marines, the Seals AND Delta Force, and he said that that's realistic :wink_o:

The only thing which I noticed and would bug the hell out of me is, that the bushes are popping up right in front of you....Not too impressed by the particle effects....and some serious slowdowns....

Gfx seem not too bad, but not great either....

The more I see of this game, the more it brings it down,.....

I'm a bit disappointed by their proclaimed 35km view distance.

Notice that the vegetation on the hill right in front of you doesn't appear in distance at all.

ARMA 2 suffers from the same problem, but as far as I can tell DR's disappearing much closer.

Okay, there's something about this game that really bothers me, and that's the sprinting animation. If you look at the gun then you'd think that the soldier is running crazy fast, but, relative to the bushes, he's barely moving. At the most it looks like a over dramatic walk!

Other than that it looks like a somewhat solid game, but I really can't take the slow sprinting.

After watching those XPlay videos I have to say, and I never thought I would, that this game looks pretty boring. There was just nothing that stimulating going on either tactically or even just balls to the walls action type stuff. The guy looked like he could easily have beaten the whole game with a cup of coffee in his right hand by just casually moving around in wide open, taking out enemies with ease and slapping on a bandie-patch when inconvenienced with a gunshot wound. Graphics looked seriously underwhelming, landscape pretty bland - it just looks like something I've seen long ago and have already forgotten about.

When thinking back on their earlier promises and target renders I have to say that something went seriously wrong in their production...

Hi,

Am I really the only one that is not surprised?

What did you expect from CM?

The only game they made that was not arcade was OFP and everybody knows who really made it.

The more vids I watch the more what I tought was going to happen is happening. OFPDR will be an arcade shooter with a mission editor (pc only). And in that category there is no way they can compete with COD. Only the editor will give them a small edge.

There still a demo coming. Let's wait and see...but dont get your hopes to high.

Cheers