FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

I don't know if it's just because he's playing on arcade, but wow... They've really done the unthinkable... They've made it so that you're healed and your dead team mates respawn after checkpoints.

Utterly laughable.

The Games for Windows is the killer for me

What i hate about GTA4 (love the game) but all the logins to G4WL and social club were the most annoying things i have ever experienced as a legit buyer. Never again http://www.cdwow.com.au/games/PC/OPERATION-FLASHPOINT-2/dp/pc/9833649

Oh wow, I had not realized the DR was GFW. I bought GTA4 and it's very difficult to even play. Half the time, my GFW won't sign in and I can't play my saved games. :mad:

I'll admit that I'm wasn't too fond of DR from the start, (I'm more interested in other games ATM), but this is a big negative for me. Big because, unlike issues with gameplay, this probably won't be fixed, nor will it be removed.

I believe there is a difference between "Games for Windows" and "Games for Windows Live".

Games for Windows is just a guarantee that the games works on Window (XP/Vista), while Games for Window Live needs those "microsoft window live" connection.

edit :

GTA4 that people put in example was not a "Games for Windows" but a "Games for Windows Live" title as you can see the "Live" part on the cover :

normalgtaivpc.jpg

OFP : DR does seem to be only a "Games for Windows" according to the cover from MadDogX post.

Edited by Sanctuary

Wow.. wow. View distance (Funny MaddogX, took me a moment) is limited. The island looks to be something you can run across N-S in a few short minutes, based off the map shown and the convoy visible in 1st person view. And did my eyes @ 1:40 mistake a serious lack of animation that was explicitly stated as being the most detailed? I remember seeing the motion capture of the guys entering vehicles, and now.. They go *poof* inside?!?! Huh?

8:06- an AI leaning out from around a tree.. 8:07- a player yearning to the same rights and privilages :P

Edited by Scrub

Sanctuary

I had no idea it was different...lol @ myself

So i guess u don't need any special login for this or folders for saves right?

This must have hurt a few ppl after confirmation from Helios

read after his post too, it's going crazy

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379412&page=4

Helios had quoted the following post as being the reason why they got rid of the anims -

Imagine the amount of animations needed to portray entering and exiting from every different vehicle in the game...

Tanks, APCs, Humvees, Helicopters, Civi cars, etc.

It's a lot of really unnecessary drag on the game engine that could be utilized in other more important areas of the game. Codemasters may have originally had the intention of showing the animations but they obviously had to make a compromise in favor of actual gameplay.

And award for 'most pathetic excuse of the century' goes to...

Sanctuary

I had no idea it was different...lol @ myself

So i guess u don't need any special login for this or folders for saves right?

Yep, I too stand corrected. :o

They've made it so that you're healed and your dead team mates respawn after checkpoints.

Play it on hardcore and that won't happen

Grim

A Fireteam seems to be the basic unit you command in the game. Is it possible to command a larger or smaller force such as 1 or 12 soldiers?

Helios had quoted the following post as being the reason why they got rid of the anims -

Be fair! that's the same reason BIS did not bother to implement such anims into arma

Be fair! that's the same reason BIS did not bother to implement such anims into arma

But to be fair BIS never showcased any animations of this type whereas CM did. True in a video we saw the get in animation changed but they said nothing of it being any different then that, whereas CM showcased a demo reel of a soldier getting into a humvee and said it would be there, not just 'an idea'.

Edited by NodUnit

And the fanboys over there must be celebrating that the game got even better now.

Still haven't seen more than 10 people on screen at once.

You can use the whole of the island creating a co-op MP mission, but when creating a custom PvP MP map you are restricted to the dimensions I've stated in previous posts.

There goes having the whole island to in PvP. :(

There goes having the whole island to in PvP. :(

yeah just found the this info confirming largest MP zone is 4km2 you can't use the whole island, explains why jets were never in this game.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379877

I should point out yes you can use any part of the island, but you are restricted to a maximum 4km square.

Thats all folks

Southy

Coridoor shooter just my 2 cents. No lean, no jets, now limated to 4k battle areas pvp may as well switch my reservation over to COD MW2.

Definatly not doin nothing with this til i see a demo....an some say this game was gonna be better then ArmA2 OMG just makes me wannna lmao.

There is a substantial number of people who would like to play ArmA2 but can't either because of bugs, lousy performance or the fact that the fucking thing just won't start. To that group of people, tic-tac-toe would be better than ArmA2. The bar has not been set terribly high in that respect.

The wording is a bit vague... "Striped area is the warning zone, where like you say you will be warned you are exiting the play area but won't be punished."

So what happens when you pass beyond the striped area? Will you then be punished or will you be allowed to carry on your merry way...

And ok, you can use the whole map in co-op, but just not areas of it that are more than 175m from the rest of your team. (And how does that work, 175m from the average center, the team leader or the furthest player?)