Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

-The demo (info) is dead and buried.

Is that the latest (semi-)official info on the demo? That would be very unfortunate.

Is that the latest (semi-)official info on the demo? That would be very unfortunate.

It seems that way. All threads about the demo on the forum have magically disappeared, and there is no longer any info on either of their websites now too.

It seems that way. All threads about the demo on the forum have magically disappeared, and there is no longer any info on either of their websites now too.

SP demo is promised before the release, and MP demo after the release...

SP demo is promised before the release, and MP demo after the release...

Got any [edit] fresh/NEW [/edit] sources on that? Last I checked the threads with those promises in had magically disappeared from the forum... The latest PC Gamer (last month, I dont recall exactly and the mag is at home) info doesnt mention a demo either.

DR interview/vid

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N054_DN-is&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N054_DN-is&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

"If you've got hit you don't know how injured you are" @2:10

Is that aiming to get the "nonsense of the year" award?

Im not impressed still. It sounds good for the most part, but what i see on the videos still show BF2 in a more free environment. They say its the closest to real war you will ever get - hardly believe that. CM spend a lot of money on their games and they need to get that money back - with profit ofcourse like most companies. And that means it needs to speak to the masses.

In fact - all BF2 people i know are in flames over that game, and that speaks volumes to me.

They say its the closest to real war you will ever get - hardly believe that.

Well, they're not exactly gonna say, "it's the second closest to real war you'll ever get", are they? :)

Actually, it would be hilarious if they had that kind of stuff on the OFPDR box.

OPERATION FLASHPOINT - DRAGON RISING

The second most realistic war sim* ever!

* we use the term "sim" very loosely.

Or the recommendations of the back of the box:

"Amazing! It's almost as good as Arma2!"

Gamespot

"If it weren't for Arma2, we would totally recommend this game."

IGN

:D

ROFL.

"If you're taking a lot of fire there are Armored Assault Vehicles. You know, the ones that stormed the beach at Normandy on D-Day."

aav7.jpg

I don't think they had those in WWII, Mark. :j:

"All 11 missions"

That's not necessarily bad, provided they included secondary (optional) objectives, ones that aren't given by the USMC, but come up during the course of regular missions by interacting with civilians or other factions (oops, forgot for a minute there that there won't be any) like in ArmA2.

With all of that in mind, 11 BF/CoD-style (small area that you are allowed to move in, and a completely fixed storyline) seems likely as the ingredients for anything more advanced are missing (freedom of movement, lack of neutral NPCs etc).

so long as it has a mission editor and mod possibilities then im game. Alot of people don't like arma 2 quite yet. they say its regular flashpoint with a new coat of paint, the same thing they said about arma. minor changes. i want a complete flashpoint overhaul, and it looks like thats what dragon rising is trying to do. really change things for the better as far as realism goes. they have a setting without any hud guages for realism. thats something i always thought was cool about flashpoint, that if you wanted to turn it up you could. but then again its an insanely hard game right out the box, but im talking about for mission editors. hopefully we'll be able to edit realism specific missions that the hud disappears on certain missions so the mission editor will control the difficulty more.

If it were moddable I wouldn't mind the crap that comes with the engine, but since everything is pointing into a big no it just made the game uninteresting to me. And any news of the mission editor, or has that been suppressed?

I don't believe there will be a demo before release:

At IGN they said it will come on 26th of October...in a preview....

It will be interesting to see what kind of expansion material will come out for the pc....as the pc as far as I know doesn't use dlc....

It's only a month away, but the fact you can't mod it, makes it a way less interesting product, but I don't think the masses for XBOX 360/PS 3 are bothered by it. For them it is just an alternative till BFBC 2.

it looks like thats what dragon rising is trying to do. really change things for the better as far as realism goes.

:j:

they have a setting without any hud guages for realism.

no hud != realism. :j:

:j:

no hud != realism. :j:

It's funny how some of their developers have misinterperted the hardcore's fan desire for realism by adding more and more deprivation.

I wonder where this line of thinking might lead us

Operation Flashpoint 3 Black Moon Rising

- The most realistic war game ever imagined!

- Total sensory deprivation: Your bound gagged and blindfolded

- Unparalled combat and physics engine (you won't see it, but trust us, it's there!)

Looks like they are still calling it a sequel, then. I thought they were already talked to about that.

They were talked to about calling it "theirs" IIRC (our original Flashpoint, etc.).

That had to be one of the most uninformed marketing manger for these types of games that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. Not only about other competing games (which might be understandable and deliberate) but also about his own game.

But the most alarming thing to me is how he refers to using the mission editor as "moding the game" :sad_o::icon12::(

They were talked to about calling it "theirs" IIRC (our original Flashpoint, etc.).

Naw, BIS retains the exclusive right to develop a sequel to OFP CWC. By calling it a sequel, they are infringing on BIS's contractual rights. There was a big open letter regarding this issue. I think you can still find it in the BIS general forums.

You mean as in modding? Like we think of when someone makes a new unit or a map?

He thinks making a mission is modding...?

Look out for the PR spin on this one, there's no 'English' on this ball, it's gone ancient Greek!

[hiphop]

"Yes there's modding in OFP:DR, I just made a mission in like 5 min." And the playas are all like 'Say What?!?', and the PR guys' like, 'Fo sho, I done did it on the DLC editor you imps is lucky to lay eyes on.' and the playas are like, 'Oh no you didnt!', and the PR guys' like, 'Oh yes we done did!'... Eh, I'm making myself sick.. I'll stop now.. :icon_slap: [/hiphop]

Look for a shift in statements.

and? this is an old story. Codemaster can use the word "sequel", i don't see any problem, they use the name operation flashpoint, so than OFP:DR can be called "sequel", even if they don't use the same engine. :)

It's simple to understand why BI are angry

If CM can make alot of fairy tails up by acting like they made OFP and had a dev as part of the team back then for marketing purposes, BI have the right to respond. And atleast BI are telling the truth.

CM have no right to make the sequel, only the name OFP.

CM are basically lying to their buyers/fans, very nice CM id'e trust you will tell me the truth next time :rolleyes::eek: as this was a one off:rolleyes:

I missed arma1 and thought OPFDR was the sequel myself a year ago, but lucky i read forums these days and i found out. I could have bought their game and then found out ARMA2 is the real OFP sequal with same style gameplay (thats why i want the sequal).

OFP CWC and Resistance best game of all time for me even thou initially plagued with bugs...ARMA 2...has potential to become the new title holder.

For ppl who argue otherwise put urself in this situation:

U invent a new product (product x) and ur mate sells it for you. Then u want to make/sell the more upgraded product of x but ur mate and you decide not to work as a team anymore. U own the right to the product but ur mate owns the name "x"

Then ur about to release ur upgarded product and ur mate develops his own product but calls it the true upgrade of the original product x...what would u do???

Also ur mate tells all ur former customers and new ones that he invented product "x" and this is the real upgrade to such a fine track proven product.

Now what would you do???

And what would u do if u found out the sales guy was lying???

i'm with BI 100%. yes there are bugs and a few tiny tiny headaches but they go where no-one else truly dares and they try their best to fix things. People need to understand how much bug possibilities there are in games like this and the cost is a few pinches on the arm initially that get reported by the community and ultimately get fixed.

I have a few issues with the game but id'e rather play this than anything else. The editor alone i don't have enough time to do what i want to because there isn't enough time:). keep me busy forever.

Edited by vasmkd

sorry it double posted, delete this one..i edited it so it won't take up the whole screen

Edited by vasmkd