vilas

VILAS addons release thread

I just saw the pack by RH, but i have to say i'm a little disappointed.

For istance there are many versions of the Groza, but others doesen't looks that good; more a porting then from scratch. But i appreciated the varnish in some AKs. Many look just gone out of the Tula factory...

Hello Vilas, when you get the chance, could you please take a peak at my thread. Its not rush, but its in regards to possibly being able to release the non binarized P3D's for your vehicles. Otherwise it isnt possible to integrate the ACE 2 damage system.

Edited by TristanYockell

Chyba właśnie próbują wydymać Cię na modele ;-)

Vilas, just reminding You it's new year already (You know what I mean)

@caprera - on promo screen i even noticed magazine upside down on RPK

but Counter Strike modelers care about good look in their engine, and many CS weapons had in past wrong proportions like too small magazine , too thick barrel, all such disproportions were made to good look in player view to make weapon look "more perspective"

also i noticed in CS weapons some details that should be on other side of receiver and etc.

i don't know if still there are such mixed details from one weapon placed on other, but CS community is less "realism" oriented than OFP community

thats why i do things from scratch to be sure about "realism" in look

concerning tank models , if you wanna help, cooperate and you have knowledge - than we can together fix this pack, for release also, but i must know details, cause from past i remember some "overpowered" issues

also 1.05 patch changed something in armor of vehicles as far as i know, but i don't have knowledge about details yet, maybe it is BIS vehicle model in 1.05 so good now ?

unfortunately i am not familiar with details, as you can provide such details we can talk about issue

also when you were comparing using P85 with other mod, note that real M6 Linebaker has other hull , just use google , generally as far as i know, since 1987 Bradleys were uparmoured and look like my M2A2/M6 , P85 was aiming in realism in look and as we could on ballistics

if other mods made (in past or in future) weak APC equal power of tank (like it was in past), i won't comment it, cause real APC offers protection mostly against machineguns, heavy machineguns, 10mm of steel cannot be compared with 300-400 mm of composite armour and thats why you may find some of P85 vehicles "underpowered",

please compare in 1.04 BIS BMP vs. T72 or Arma1 BMP2 vs. T72

it was nonsense that more shots from 25mm needed to destroy BMP than tank :/

P85 was balanced within mod, but if other mods refer to BIS or other own values , i cannot "downgrade" my realism to have unrealistic or overpowered vehicles or weapons

in P85 internal balancing many people worked, not only me, but really many people and tank-knowledge guys and military advisors

and please note that todays ammo is stronger than 1985 but some vehicles remained the same

what regards "damage zones" - okay, i would need help in that and i would be grateful for such help and cooperation would be welcome in you have skills and knowledge how to do it

Edited by vilas

but this is compatible - really, as i proved in config quote site ago, but it is up to ACE if they will arm their soldiers with my rifles, it is not a problem to use it in unit config weapons = throw, put, vil_AK... etc.

Sickboy on DEV-Haven:

Thanks for the suggestion but there is no possibility to add any Vilas addons to ACE.

Please do not ask for the reasons behind this, as I cannot give them.

If you find alternatives, please feel free to setup suggestion tickets for those. RH AKs pack is the first on the list.

Personal ?

I think this is not the right place to discuss it out. They have their reasons, and we should just respect it. They made their decision, and I made mine. I'll add Vilas east weapons for the East units for my ACE missions, and I'll add RH's AK pack when I use just RH weapons. Sounds and looks of RH weapons just don't pass to ACE weapons in my view.

an magazine of RPK is upside down on screens and people cricize proportions... but "who cares if it is PK or PKM if you not fired 200 rounds" like someone said when i said "his" PKM has mirrored (both side the same ) PK receiver

"who cares" if it is Zastava or AK from Izhevsk, PK, PKM, who cares ;)

and ACE... i had in P85 Zguba for half year, i asked him many times for simple script, he done nothing, single easiest thing, script for random appearing of "tank fuels, skirts" on BMP2D, T80...

half year i was waiting and asking for script for P85 and ...

so i don't care if they use or not

one people call 1650m/s for BMP grenade "realistic" (Arma1) others not

and it is pathetic when RH on Dev Heaven dares to criticize my textures as he DID NOTHING just imported CS weapons and textures

and he dare to call my textures worse blurry ???

let he do his own his hands

he should not say and he should not take any vote if he did nothing himself

concerning ACE and "realism", M6 linebacker and M2 uses old hull, from early 80's, now there is other hull

but "realism matters" as for Codemasters, none of my business , i will care about my own pack :P

and my pack is fully compatible because refers to BIS classes as AK_74, AK_47_M etc.

ye... like in 2008 and "help"

professionality ? funny

i did all myself at least

Edited by vilas

"Talking" this way makes me think more and more exclusively because of personal reasons...

nevermind :)

now i must get rid of any bugs and finalize pack

only wonder - is Kashtan in use or not ? what is Russian Police/Army main "submachinegun", or maybe BIS Bizon and no need to do anything ?

as i heard SVU was very rarely used , while SVDS is more popular

I can already confirm about the SVDS. About police you must be precise about what you mean: policeman or OMON and "SWAT"

I saw Kedr from non-military police units (economic crime, drug police, etc).

http://www.gewehr.ru/2007/07/16/pp91_kedr.html

I have not seen a Kashtan. They write, Kashtan used in very special units f.e. president security. Anyway, it's very particularized, very "special" weapon.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

Counting as police units like OMON and SOBR i think FOR SURE we can list:

PP93 (since 1993)

OTs02 Kiparis (around since 1995)

PP19Vityaz (9mm ak105 version)

PP-9 Kedr (version 91 with folding stock & detachable silencer)

AEK919K Kashtan (small numbers, maybe just super-elite units)

SR3 Veresk

PP2000 (the only one really "modern": post 2000)

About the last one maybe some sources may say it's not already in use. They're wrong. It's just a newborn, but it's confirmed.

Edited by caprera

deleted as per requested

Edited by scubaman3D
to save mankind from firestorm

For police, I have read in RIAN that all aks are going to be replace by PP-2000.

Very good work, btw.

Vilas, you are the only one who makes true to life russian weapons and your attention to details and to what the real russian army is really using is phenomenal and unequalled here. You have your own strengths here and hope you will continue to do what you do best and not care about what the others have to say. You have your own fans. :)

For police' date=' I have read in RIAN that all aks are going to be replace by PP-2000.

Very good work, btw.[/quote']

That's really possible but not in short times...

Vilas, you are the only one who makes true to life russian weapons and your attention to details and to what the real russian army is really using is phenomenal and unequalled here. You have your own strengths here and hope you will continue to do what you do best and not care about what the others have to say. You have your own fans.

ps:

now back to this project ;)

I wonder why you didn't ported the NVA helis from A1 to A2 in the P85 Mod. And why have the NVA not 2 (Mi17 and Mi24) in the same Mod version. In the earlier Versions for A1 there was a Mi17 NVA heli and in later only a Mi24 Heli for NVA included :(. Did you lost the mi17 NVA paa/psd template? It was very good.

concerning tank models , if you wanna help, cooperate and you have knowledge - than we can together fix this pack, for release also, but i must know details, cause from past i remember some "overpowered" issues

also 1.05 patch changed something in armor of vehicles as far as i know, but i don't have knowledge about details yet, maybe it is BIS vehicle model in 1.05 so good now ?

unfortunately i am not familiar with details, as you can provide such details we can talk about issue

also when you were comparing using P85 with other mod, note that real M6 Linebaker has other hull , just use google , generally as far as i know, since 1987 Bradleys were uparmoured and look like my M2A2/M6 , P85 was aiming in realism in look and as we could on ballistics

if other mods made (in past or in future) weak APC equal power of tank (like it was in past), i won't comment it, cause real APC offers protection mostly against machineguns, heavy machineguns, 10mm of steel cannot be compared with 300-400 mm of composite armour and thats why you may find some of P85 vehicles "underpowered",

please compare in 1.04 BIS BMP vs. T72 or Arma1 BMP2 vs. T72

it was nonsense that more shots from 25mm needed to destroy BMP than tank :/

P85 was balanced within mod, but if other mods refer to BIS or other own values , i cannot "downgrade" my realism to have unrealistic or overpowered vehicles or weapons

in P85 internal balancing many people worked, not only me, but really many people and tank-knowledge guys and military advisors

and please note that todays ammo is stronger than 1985 but some vehicles remained the same

what regards "damage zones" - okay, i would need help in that and i would be grateful for such help and cooperation would be welcome in you have skills and knowledge how to do it

You know what Vilas, I appreciate your patience and willingness to work along with me. Sadly I have spent days tinkering with the Config file for your Soviet vehicles pack.

I have not even been able to do simple things like changing Ammo name in game From SABOT to APFSDS, HE to Frag-HE ect. No matter what values I change in the Config file, it doesnt seem to affect how the vehicles in game?.

I attempted to add more realistic armour properties to no avail ect.

I really do not have the skills needed to tackle this. Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can tackle making the armour properties ect. more realistic at a later time. Its not likely going to be me though.

I just didn't realize how difficult it was until I jumped head first into it. It really is a shame because these vehicles are superb and they fill a huge void for me.

I have always had a soft spot for vintage russian equipment especially T-54/55's and T-62's. It bothers me how arcadish the damage system for them is.

Edited by TristanYockell