vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Yeah, got it though steam. been playing for quite a while now. It happened as soon as I installed the p85

Hm... strange. No problems here.

Some minor rpt errors, nothing serious:

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component37:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component40:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component41:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component42:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component43:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component44:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component45:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component47:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component48:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component49:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d in component50:geometryFire

In Vehicle: p85_v\p85_offstar266.p3d missing codriver get in direction point

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component12:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component13:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component14:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component15:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component16:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component17:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component18:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component19:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component20:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component21:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component22:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component23:geometryFire

Strange convex component p85_v\p85_star660.p3d in component24:geometryFire

In Vehicle: p85_v\p85_star660.p3d missing driver get in direction point

In Vehicle: p85_v\p85_star660.p3d missing cargo get in direction point

In Vehicle: p85_v\p85_star660.p3d missing codriver get in direction point

What does your .rpt file say, Aelin?

The Star 660 is a very nice truck, btw. Somehow I missed that one before. Great job, Vilas!

where to check??

Red Fox RUS - 3 people who reported problems had Arma1 P85 (more files) not P85 A2

i hope you have Arma2 full 4 files version of P85

concerning firing in strange directions i don't know why it appears like that on Steam version

normally such not accuracy was effect of pirated versions, but here if it is from Steam , i have no idea

but from what range you tested ?

and any other addons ?

@Aelin:

depends on your settings and your operating system.

usually something like C:\users\[your username]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2\arma2.rpt

The 'AppData' folder is hidden by default.

HI VIL it again I :wave:

Yesterday has unloaded yours mod " I In the SHOCK! " You have dishonoured programmers from Bohemia they are too lazy and not competent!!!!

There is a problem

mod does not work in @Rus Weap/addons/vilas_aks to a folder and switches off all mods in game, but in addons/vilas_aks to a folder all works well??? At me version 1.5

Discrepancies in the weapon

1) A barrel at all PKM are too thin

2) GROZA GP reminds self-made c screwed GP25

3) The barrel at PECHENEG identical thickness with PKM but is real it more hardly and thickness.

The main advantage, difference and sense of project PECHENEG in that that at long shooting does not need to be changed a barrel (as at PKM), also on a barrel it is established: the handle, a casing with air cooling and bipods (not on a gas pipe as at PKM) therefore it can be put in a saucepan with water :biggrin_o: and after fight to have a meal chicken soup!The Thick barrel is rigidly fixed, it also is good for accuracy !

PECHENEG has the best range and accuracy than PKM.

4)silent the weapon sounds are awful :dead:

5)Cover a barrel of a box On AK107 has higher window for sleeves(You window for sleeves is similar USUAL AK)

Idea!

It is possible to transform AEK971 in AEK918G or PKM in AEK999 or AK74M in Vityaz-SN Or to give for ASVK usual(Standard) barrel a brake

"config to replace the vanilla AK's with Vilas' models " Yes I support too!!!!

Army spetsnaz does not use bizon (spetsnaz MVD and the militia G.I.B.D.D yes) only RAMBO uses on open spaces against the soldier having ARMOR BODY and M16A3

THANK FOR THIS UNIQUE MOD!!..... In arma (Disinterestedly from different mods) I had 52 variants G36, 120 variants AK47/AKM/AK74 and more than 200 M16/M4.:(

Edited by zoldatpizdat

Red Fox RUS - 3 people who reported problems had Arma1 P85 (more files) not P85 A2

i hope you have Arma2 full 4 files version of P85

concerning firing in strange directions i don't know why it appears like that on Steam version

normally such not accuracy was effect of pirated versions, but here if it is from Steam , i have no idea

but from what range you tested ?

and any other addons ?

Yeah I got the p85 for A2, the ak74 from like ~20 foot was like a I would say at least a 1 foot high and even at range it was still the same. The AK100 series rifle was spot on, and the PKM was spot on also. the 74u was aimed left.. the rifle iron sites were not even lined up and it shot to the left by quite a bit. I tried to take it off the computer and can't figure how to completely take it off??? even when it's gone out the document library from the arma2 addon folder it still affects the weapons. I've even reinstalled the game on steam which takes about 5 hours since it has to redownload through steam... any idea? does the weapon configure files from the p85 overwrite any other weapon configure files?

mod does not work in @Rus Weap/addons/vilas_aks

I'm quite sure you are not allowed to have spaces in your addon folder names. Try '@RusWeap/addons/vilas_aks' instead.

does the weapon configure files from the p85 overwrite any other weapon configure files?

No. Your problem can't be related to Project '85 at all.

--------

Indeed, a replacement config would be great!

D.

does the weapon configure files from the p85 overwrite any other weapon configure files?

none of my addons change BIS values, thats why they can be played with gameplay mods

also Russian weapons pack use BIS sounds and many BIS class inheritances to allow any sound mod to work

only AEK, AN, Groza and SR3 not work with sound mod

PKP - okay i will make barrel thicker

Vityaz probably will be done as i will find time :)

okay well maybe the bis standard weapons are broken. I got your russian aks weapon pack and installed it and it works well. The ak74 with that kit works well and 74u does as well... just the ones that are standard with the game don't work... I don't see where it could be anything else... I didn't change anything else. Wonder what could have caused it if not the mod? I've never had trouble with the steam stuff before except when I had vista *cringe lol.

a lot of models versions were developed and manufactured in small numbers

so there is no one way AEK looks, different series look different

i made 2 of them, you shown third and i also know another one with another stock (telescopic) and very curved pistol grip

so at least 4 looks of AEK exist , impossible to do "every serie" addon, cause it would have 5 models of the same weapon very rarely bought by MVD

like all other AEK manufacturer weapons

there was such serie in production probably, or maybe only on exhibition only ?

but not looks like those bought by MVD series

Poland also shown many photos of Beryl Commando (front sight folded, middle 30cm barrel) but not bought by army

Polish movies use ONYKS - short Tantal, but not bought by Army nor Police

Polish producer show 3 types of sights for Beryl - never bought by Army, picture of AEK he found is from some pages

but not meets pictures of MVD operators nor Russian guides i seen

http://www.zid.ru/en/products/military/aek971.html

Edited by vilas

Hi Vilas, im hoping i can have permission to use you polish units with there MLODs if you will give permission to use them of course to be a basis for my Nogovan Light Infantry.

Thanks

I'm dubious because of the color. The only way weapons were painted in Russia was in Tula factory and still used black :D

Btw not being a real photo but more a render...

Thank Dimitri_Harkov it has helped!!!!!

evolve-r AEK on it a photo the oldest variant (1980s) which has lost competition to AN94:D he has a mode of shooting on 2 shots.

(Vilas) AEK it 1990s it is realized, a mode of shooting on 3 shots.

(Vilas) AEK-N it is 2001 AEKM

" i also know another one with another stock (telescopic) and very curved pistol grip " it is latest variant ( 2004 ) AEKS

very curved pistol grip-AEK has no feedback but puts pressure upon a shoulder Therefore very curved pistol grip Facilitates management of a rifle on full auto (especially on AEK973S 7.62mm)

VIL I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DO NOT WANT TO MAKE AEK973S??? Is MOST EFFECTIVE the RIFLE 7.62X39 In the WORLD. In YOURS MOD there ARE NO MODERN RIFLES 7.62 it IS DISCRIMINATION!!:mad:

AEK it is advanced in Tula but manufacture in Kovrov. AEK (1990s) and AEKM it was successfully applied Spetsnaz in Tchechnya a photo exist but it is necessary to search. From for small orders (strong AK a lobby) manufacture AEK is stopped in 2006:butbut:

AK 103 will be added

AEK 973 anyone use it ?

or just AEK 5.45 is in use ?

Series AEKM were practically advanced due to inquiries Spetsnaz for 7.62 (AEK973 90s did not arrange militarians)

AEKS were bought only at 7.62 versions

The army in warehouses has huge quantity(not sold to Africa AKMS) therefore they do not hasten to buy AK103!!!

Edited by zoldatpizdat

hi vilas,

first I want to say thank you for your awesome weaponspack, and even more for making not only those "state of the art" guns. however, I have a question: when you have some time, maybe you could consider making some aks with western sights on them for use within the cdf ? it may be a bit of a stupid request but I've seen some pics of aks with eotechs and aimpoints and all sorts of that stuff, and I thought for a wannabie western army like the cdf it would fit quite good.

anyway, keep up your good work!

Well I doubt you will usually see those fancied out AKs in any army analogic to the CDF. Those AKs you saw with eotechs, aimpoints ect... are probably used by western PMCs or "backyard riflemen" (or more probably airsoft weapons) as this aftermarket makeup of the AK family is mostly done in the US. I know the Polish Army uses the EoTech extensively, but they are mainly using it on their own product Beryl, which has other western influenced features (rail system, 5,56mm caliber...).

I think if you wish to modernize them, the G36 series or AR15 derivants (M4A1, HK416/417, Diemaco C7/C8...) would fit better for the task.

Good work. You must not have time to build all weapons but some weapons that you make are less essential like AEKs than make Ak with echotec, forward grip, rail grip (because SpecOps -especially Alfa - uses more Ak modification than AEK or Groza)... And have you think at ADS (the lastest news say that will be the Naval Infantry's weapons)? Take it just as a notice, I don't tell you what you must do. :)

Edited by Shrademn'Yyhrs

Those AKs you saw with eotechs, aimpoints ect... are probably used by western PMCs or "backyard riflemen" (or more probably airsoft weapons) as this aftermarket makeup of the AK family is mostly done in the US.

Here u can see some russian airsofters from ministry of interior affairs special forces:p

543975.th.jpg 543974.th.jpg 543974.th.jpg 543973.th.jpg

Edited by Leet