vilas

VILAS addons release thread

where are the new boxes at? there is no readme lol! all i did was put the pbo etc in addons, was i supposed to put the .txt somewhere?

new boxes are not yet release

will be released in next update as well as new RPK barrel and RPK 1P29 and some more

okay as you are new, some advices:

PBO is archive game files, files working in this game

you put them to @modname folder or simply to addons folder

missions are also packed to format PBO but they are put in other folder

TXT are just notepad notes, info, comment , help files for you to write/read if you need info about addons

CPP - config not binarised, you can edit CPP with notepad, CPP is usually inside PBO

Single Player > Armory section - you can watch there weapons, units, vehicles

Single Player > Editor, you can look here at addons, create missions etc.

"testers" with weapons are in editor under:

East/Opfor > Russia > Vilas Weapons

soon as well as boxes, more weapon holder units will be added too

addon is still under construction stage

Arty TXT is for mission makers, to help them use artillery modul for P85, soon for updated Soviet tanks and Bradley/M109 pack

it is usefull info, but only for people making missions

Edited by vilas

I noticed that the ak-47 in the Tester has a problem, If you look at the wood fore grip where it meets the body of the gun when you have to be in sun light so you can see right into it/ through it

Edited by USSRSpetsnaza

It is something between Vilas and the ACE team, and it has nothing to do with anyone else.

Vilas doesn't seem to agree to that and likes to include everyone into a mudfight, that is his choice.

If you want to use Vilas addons with A.C.E. Mod, there is simply nothing stopping you from doing so,

so there is IMO not even a point of discussion; all that time you invest writing that post, you could've been playing Vilas addons with ACE. :yay:

Please respect the situation, and leave it alone.

Sickboy, I think what the guys were alluding to was not that they couldn't play ACE alongside P85, but that the two mods have different standards around config values which made them inconsistent, e.g. in terms of armour values etc.

Personally I would love to see both mods use the same config value system so that all of Vilas' great vehicles could be used properly with the kit in ACE. I guess because of the size of P85 it might be too much of a stretch to integrate it into ACE in its entirety, but it would be great to add certain commonly used vehicles such as the T55, T62/64, T80, maybe the arty systems etc.

Dunno, maybe I'm just being idealistic, but really other than politics there don't seem to be any real barriers preventing this from happening.

Sickboy, I think what the guys were alluding to was not that they couldn't play ACE alongside P85, but that the two mods have different standards around config values which made them inconsistent, e.g. in terms of armour values etc.

Personally I would love to see both mods use the same config value system so that all of Vilas' great vehicles could be used properly with the kit in ACE. I guess because of the size of P85 it might be too much of a stretch to integrate it into ACE in its entirety, but it would be great to add certain commonly used vehicles such as the T55, T62/64, T80, maybe the arty systems etc.

Dunno, maybe I'm just being idealistic, but really other than politics there don't seem to be any real barriers preventing this from happening.

Correct munger, for the most part this is what was being discussed. Thank you for helping to clear it up.

A standarization of config values is all that is needed really, as like you have said the vehicles in Vilas pack are still very widely used throughout the world.

if you say about values - my tanks have "hit" of ammo, "armor" similar to BIS ones

with only exeptions that my APCs are weaker, because real APC as BMP is much weaker than tank, while in Arma you could spend more 25mm M242 rounds to kill BMP2 than T72

i haven't tested changes in 1.05 version

but if someone say about not compatibility with ACE, than please show ACE values for:

BMP2, T72, Bradley, 25mm hit, 30 mm hit, RPG7VL hit

than i can say if my tanks are compatible or not

i used BIS T72/T90 values as base

thats why i made weaker BMP

if ACE use stronger values for tanks than BIS and similar of APC, than i can make my tanks stronger too

or how many rounds fired from BIS LAV or BMP2 or BTR90 need to destroy my Bradley or BMP2, ACE Bradley or BMP2, how many rounds need to destroy my T72 or ACE T72

it could be a measure to count new values

hey vilas, sorry but to me your addon is fubar im getting CDT or missing files for ur addons, any idears mate?

what addon ? i made many addons for Arma1 and some for Arma2

also if you say about P85 (mod about cold war) than do you have version for game 1 or 2

i had some reports here and on armaholic

people downloaded version for Arma1 and used in A2 and it was not working

hey vilas, sorry but to me your addon is fubar im getting CDT or missing files for ur addons, any idears mate?

Wow thats constructive.

how about saying what specific addon you were using and what you were doing it while it happened.

lousey comments like these chase people away from making FREE stuff for you.

I've yet to see any PvP ACE servers, they mostly boil down to one sided turkey shoots...COOP So the need for large amounts of OPFOR gear isn't really needed.

Vilas's stuff works great the way it is , no need to lump it in with another mod ,and the majority of it works with ACE anyway. I don't see the need to incorporate every mod/addon into ACE, since ACE drastically changes the original game.

Vilas thank you for your hard work.

Wow thats constructive.

how about saying what specific addon you were using and what you were doing it while it happened.

lousey comments like these chase people away from making FREE stuff for you.

WOW :mad: lousey comments like tht make me not want to bother downloading addon like these, i stick to ace "AT" least it works and is better!

There we go addon deleted problem solved!

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

Pretty scary reaction...btw how's your work goin'on Vilas ? i hope last week issues haven't slowed you down too much ;)

I've yet to see any PvP ACE servers, they mostly boil down to one sided turkey shoots...COOP So the need for large amounts of OPFOR gear isn't really needed.

Vilas's stuff works great the way it is , no need to lump it in with another mod ,and the majority of it works with ACE anyway. I don't see the need to incorporate every mod/addon into ACE, since ACE drastically changes the original game.

Vilas thank you for your hard work.

The only incorperation im talking about is the armour values, crew protection systems ect. We're talking about using the realistic vehicle characteristics with Vilas Vehicles.

As it is now, it is only possible to damage either the treads or the engine with vilas tanks, and then they just blow up.

ACE has the ability to damage many different parts, there is the ability to shoot and cause some damage, no damage, or completely destroy depending on angle, range ect. you have the ability to kill select crew members ect.

If you shoot a tank, it may only knock it out, or it may set off the fuel, or it may set off the ammunition which would result in a huge explosion ect.

I realise that the vehicles work with ace, but they are using BIS's Arcadish vehicle systems.

This is not the fault of vilas, this is the fault of BIS for creating such a crappy system for armoured vehicles.

If I for example shoot a T-62 in the turret from 1500 metres with a 105mm rifled gun.

It is either going to glance off the round cast turret, or its going to penetrate and damage the turret, gun, or kill/injure the gunner,loader ect.

Possibly cause spall and do other damage like setting off ammunition, IE- ACE 2's System.

As it stands, you can shoot the tank in the turret, and it will instead just turn the engine or treads red, this makes no sense.

I am trying to improve the damage system slightly by using Nice Boats scripts, but it is not working properly.

Edited by TristanYockell

@Vilas

I have one report, don't know if it's an issue, but on the weapons the bolt doesn't visibly moves when shooting the last bullet. I don't know if is intended, (don't know if vanilla animation when bolt stays back on AK weapons is realistic or not), but I thought I'll tell about it.

And one question:

I'm using HiFi weapon sound mod, and most of the sounds are replaced (in case of every AK-47, AK-74, AK-105, PK, SVD), except for some like AN-94, AS VAL, VSS, AEK-971, 9A91, OC-14 and AK-105 are use vanilla sounds. I assume these weapons has vanilla sounds put into the pbo's and are using it (I'm not an addonmaker, so I don't know how it works). From my view, most "non-reskin" weapons use vanilla sounds. Is there a way to have these weapons use the vanilla sounds in a way that theirs can be replaced by sounds from other mods?

I ask this because the SV-98's sound is replaced by the HiFi addon, so I tought this can be done to the rest of the weapons.

Thank you in advance.

i was trying to solve it:

if i use "sound" in config- it uses my typed filepath (BIS)

when i give empty line without sound =.... than weapon has no sound when fire

AEK, AN94 have defined "modes" and inside of definition (single, burts, auto) there is line begin=[...];

AK are made like using BIS config without touching it

AEK, AN94 have own configs because have burts mod

but as i will find how to solve it, i can delete path to BIS folder and than sound mods will work with this too

i must find way how to get together : working other burst (2 rnd) and sound mods

cause every sound mod, every gameplay mod (like ACE) replaces /redefines BIS class

when i use inheritance from BIS class for example giving new model, than config remains from BIS class or class changed by sound or gameplay mod

when i make own "fire mode" like Abakan 2-rnd burst than i must define there sound line

Edited by vilas

Ive found some weapon bugs, AK-47, you can see through the foregrip, and tantal, stock is floating.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

also the ak101 has a way to white gl, looks like its chrome and the ak 101 is black

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Wow your AKMS Drum is amazing O.o

Any chance of someone perhaps working out a config to replace the vanilla AK's with Vilas' models? The more I use the fantastic Russian Weapons mod the more I HATE using the vanilla AK's online :D

version is yet not finalized

but if anyone would like to make such replacement it would be welcome :)

just like if you have sounds for AEK, AN , Groza (Youtube is full of movies, but it must be edited to game use) than it is also very welcome

Russian community supported me with custom animations for handling weapons (you can see RPO-A, AKSU, AKMS, AKMGP, Groza) even now, cause those few are implemented

more custom hand anims will come soon

last version - yesterday night, updated by custom animations, by new NV sight, by realistic RPK barrel etc

and Dmitrii ammo boxes

but it is all w.i.p. and i hopr to finish it soon

Edited by vilas

Any info about silencers, that PK scope you were talkin'about...some fully customized akm ? :D

hey guys, I followed Vilas' download link and got the p85 stuff to try. Well decided to not use all of it b/c some of the stuff wasn't showing up and some of the sights were way way off... well I took it off and now my ak-74 shoots about a 1 1/2 foot high and my ak-74u is off center so it shoots to the left... how can i fix this? thanks!