vilas

VILAS addons release thread

@Topas - i know, i deleted folder with screen by mistake (new FTP software)

and my screens were poor , i have no your skills to do screens so atm i have no screens for it :] my screens were always poor :)

@Munger - difference is following:

P85 tanks are made in Arma1 , it is 7-8 months old stuff

divided pack has Arma2 shaders and it uses BIS optics, BIS weapons etc.

divided packs of tanks (east or west) are A2 compatible

P85 is balanced inside whole mod and using P85 weapons, reticles etc. but uses Arma1 shaders

divided packs were made for people who wanted have small addon of most-needed for them vehicles

P85 has no desert versions of Bradley

P85 has no camo netting T80

also divided pack allow to do your own reskin like you want

by method of "texture selection" - you are free to release your own reskin addon , that contain reskin + config to it

in P85 there are no "texture selections" in models

in Russian tanks there is such selection, just you do own reskin and in config following line:

your_tank : vil_T80b OR other class like vil_BMP2d {

displayname = "Mr X T80" ;

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\my_addon\bmp2_01_co.paa", "\my_addon\bmp2_02_co.paa", ...};

};

also fuel barrels and skirts elements are in dammage hide

such reskin addon is now easy and you have just to have texture + small config and your addon reskin is made (for example CDF or Insurgents version)

later i will prepare such texture selections for T55, T62

Edited by vilas

I tried your soviet armoured pack but it says "invalid crew error"((((

crew (if from Armaholic) should be BIS RU crew , class name : crew = "RU_Soldier_Crew";

for Russian weapons pack i made (and pushnig update to server) with :

- realistic 1P21 reticle, new Russian PGO7 reticle - different from well know old Soviet/Belarussian reticle, new 1P29 reticle

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/pgo7new.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/p29new.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/p69new.jpg

Any chance we might see your work available on the six-updater network? It sure makes keeping up-to-date a LOT easier.

after my disc crash and after my friend lost his disc (modern PC are not so good reliable as old 20-years working) i am afraid to lost anything

when i make progress i backup it

thats why i have back up it now

i wait for final words of agree from few Russian addonmakers that will use it in their infantry addons, as they call it "final" it will be finalized and i believe it is very close to final, as custom icons made and all reticles made

crew (if from Armaholic) should be BIS RU crew , class name : crew = "RU_Soldier_Crew";

yes it happens with a ctd when I place a t 62 in editor...

another issue with t55:the commander weapon doesnt work;also the tank doesnt copy my orders(as a soldier linked to it as leader),it just accept "regroup" but wont "go there"...

regardin the us armoured pack,the bradleys dont have lights on at night...

that s all for now,hope you will find a solution cos it is a top work...

ah,I got still the ctd placing all the vehicles of your awesome modern polish addon in editor....

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

jesus....right now I have found 2 crazy bugs in modern polish addon:star 266 and tarpan honker go crazy while moving...must be the new patch 1.05 cos ive never seen it before.....it starts to rotate their structure!!!!crazy....

Villas,

I can't find your "Pion" that huge self-propelled Mortar that was in the old pack for armed assault. Did you remove it? I got the P85_v.pbo, vilas_m12.pbo, and vilas_st.pbo

awesome...my russ guys will be pleased...

Vilas do you have a classnames list of your weapons for some "add" commands i'd like to use ??

It's funny - Vilas created 1000000 addons (some of them maybe have bad textures or something but 988379 are briliant) and his addons never was in final group in "Bohemia Interactive Community Awards" but f.e. Pack AN-2 aircraft is (which has great quality - but it's just one plane!) ...

I found the classnames Banderas, but i meant the new ones too...

I can see here that just some of'em are present, as AK107 or 105 but AEK and AN94 with GP are not.

Przemek , answer in spoiler

@Przemek_kondor - there were some discussion about such "awards" and it was cleaned some time ago & those issues comes from:

1) many "new community" members prefer FN-SCAR-416-Aimpoint in digital desert multicam special forces - this causes "addon" bravos, cause many teenagers playing games love "special forces in desert camo" - something which they know from CoD678910, SoF456.... and my "usual soldiers" with outdated weapons are not what they see in Hollywood games , so i don't do "pop-stars" weapons

i saw it on other forums discussions, people prefer HK-146-Scar-Aimpoint even made from copy-paste-import than made from scratch FAL, G3, cause "special forces" are heroes of armchair commandos, i simply make "usual GI"

my addons are not for them, cause i am interested more in history and way OFP1 was :) than all those modern stuff

as people love "special foreces in digital multicam", than they not like "rain-camo uniform and old rifle",

2) we have some "national-political" issues from some people , which mix addons and politics or nations, for some people "good" addons are only addons made by their nationality addonmakers and in addons made by someone "all is wrong and crap", bigger country, more votes etc.

simply for me if voters think "guy is not right nationality" than any looking objective is impossible , cause very active are people who moan

3) TAG before file issue, i remember situation, where the same model and texture was one time "good" and other time "bad" depending on who use it

- some mods which were great in OFP now have big bravo because of past, not from present status , some of mods developing in quality, others move back knowing that simple and poor models will be bought by bravos anyway, because no matter what you do, if you had good opinions in past you will sell more basing on opinions -it is visible in movie series , or some musicians too,

for some people "quality" is very "subjective" and "why you think realistic means best" - i have heard before, for me matter of "realistic" is rhetorical, for some people 6 poly barrel and lack of details is more smooth and better than 14 face barrel with details because this 6 poly was made by XYZ...

and it not touches only me, i know in Arma1 very good addons that were not voted , while worse, more cubic, easier and less realistic and worse addons were voted (i don't want say name of 2 people who released something)

but there are people who "not care about those details, but ABC is better than XYZ" - although XYZ is better than ABC, look at music, how many easy electronic music + voice synchronizer + voice tune software makes "star" while musicians with other style are "narrow underground market",

i know i.r.l. guys who listen to easy PC-created techno-disco and they said that other music is "making noise, musicians not able to play melodies" while real band is 5 people to synchronize with real instruments in hand not push 3 buttons in music-maker software, but how can you convince someone that it is not matter of "ego"

- older gamers, real life soldiers value other things, than some kids which criticized something realistic , cause they think "hollywoodish" for example some ASG teenagers who wanted me to equip Polish army like German army etc.

4) some people seen your lack of skills 4 years ago and they not see your progress and base on previous opinions and spread false opinions

5) some people not care about "realism", "tiny details" etc. for them addon must sound great by sounds for example, people who take knowledge from games , for example in Arma 1 my Abakan An94 was called to have bad sight, cause different than in Stalker, of course Stalker game had wrong sight ;)

- look how usual people choose digital camera in shop, they don't look at wide angle of lens, they don't look at noise level, they ask seller about "how many MPIX" , and later they make 12 MPIX to make 10*15 cm photo

i know one addon from Arma1 (don't wanna call name) which looked great on screens but placing 5 of it caused 10-12 FPS

- i know some people that not see difference between left and right side of gun and say "who cares"

community represents somekind "society" of gamers, so compare this society look to : guy who wanna buy digital camera, guy who likes music "which they play on radio", kids watching Rambo , some "nationalists" "damn proud" etc. and you will have level of judgment , i could objectively say "someone made something better" and i said it few times here about some addons better than mine, but some people won't say it

i know one person which saw Marantz aplifier and said "so less leds, not big bass, poor" and said his plastic speakers cheap hi-fi from "famous company" is better

well , i'd stay with Marantz and sound realism than bass-farting hifi for "dance disco" :]

rest of gamers simply use something and not vote, like i was not voting

classes for pack:

APS Stechkin:

VIL_APS, VIL_APSSD; magazines[] = {"VIL_20Rnd_9x18_aps", "VIL_20Rnd_9x18_apsSD"};

RPG-7 with PGO-7 optic (temporary BIS reticle)

VIL_RPG7V_PGO magazines[] = {VIL_PGO_PG7VL, VIL_PGO_PG7VR};

RPG-29

VIL_RPG29 : magazines[] = {VIL_PG29_HEAT};

RPO-A "Shmel" flamethrower, known from OFP

VIL_RPO_A : magazines[] = {VIL_SHMEL_FTW};

weapons using BIS PK magazine from BIS PKM

VIL_PKP - Pecheng ironsight

VIL_PK - PK machinegun

VIL_PKM_N - PKM with night sight

VIL_PKM (BIS model is also super, it was made for Arma1 so left here )

weapons using special Russian ammo, here also redefined :

magazines[] = {"10Rnd_9x39_SP5_VSS", "20Rnd_9x39_SP5_VSS", "VIL_10Rnd_9x39_SP6_VSS", "VIL_20Rnd_9x39_SP6_VAL"};

VIL_VSS_PSO - VSS

VIL_VSS_N - VSS with night scope

VIL_VAL - AS VAL ironsight

VIL_VAL_C - AS VAL Kobra

VIL_VAL_N - AS VAL night scope

---

magazines[] = {"VIL_20Rnd_9x39_SP6_OC"};

VIL_Groza_HG - OC-14 Groza basic configuration

VIL_Groza_SC - OC-14 with scope

VIL_Groza_GL - OC-14 with grenadelauncher

VIL_Groza_SD - OC-14 with silencer

VIL_Vikhr - SR-3 Vikhr

VIL_9a91- 9A-91 avtomat

weapons using BIS AK 7.62mm magazines

VIL_M70 - Zastava M-70A/B;

VIL_AMD - Hungarian AMD

VIL_PMI - Romanian Pistole Militariera

VIL_MPi - former East German AK

VIL_AKS_47 - AKS

VIL_AK_47 - AK

VIL_AK_47_49 - first serie AK produced 1949-1951 in small series

VIL_AKM - AKM

VIL_AKM_GL - AKM with grenade launcher

VIL_AKMS - AKMS

VIL_AKMSB - AKMS silenced magazines[] = {"VIL_30Rnd_762x39_AKSD"};

weapons using BIS 5.45mm magazines

VIL_Abakan - AN-94

VIL_Abakan_GP - AN-94 grenadelauncher

VIL_AKS_74_U - AKS-74U low realistic range;

VIL_AK_105 - AK-105

VIL_AKS_74_UN_kobra - AKS74U silenced ironsight

VIL_AK_74 - AK-74 wood

VIL_AK_74_N - AK-74 NSPU-2;

VIL_AK_74P - AK-74 polymer , produced 1986-1991

VIL_AKS_74 - AKS-74

VIL_AKS_74P - AKS-74 polymer

VIL_AKS_74_GP - AKS-74 grenadelauncher

VIL_AKS_74P_GP - AKS-74 polymer grenadelauncher

VIL_AK_74M - AK-74M (since 1991 afaik)

VIL_AK_74M_C - AK-74M Kobra

VIL_AK_74M_P29 - AK-74M with 1P29 scope

VIL_AK_74M_GP - AK-74M with grenadelauncher

VIL_AK_105 - AK-105

VIL_AK_105_C - AK-105 Kobra

VIL_AK_107 - real shaped AK-107

VIL_AK_107_C - AK-107 Kobra

VIL_AEK1 - older serie AEK-971

VIL_AEK2 - modern production AEK-971

VIL_AEK_GL - AEK-971 with grenadelauncher

VIL_RPK - RPK magazines[] = { "vil_40Rnd_762x39_AK47"};

VIL_RPK74 - RPK-74 magazines[] = {"vil_45Rnd_545x39_AK"};

VIL_RPK74M - RPK-74 modernised

VIL_RPK74M_N - RPK-74M with night scope

VIL_SKS - SKS magazines[] = { "vil_10Rnd_762x39_SKS"};

weapons using BIS SVD magazine

VIL_SVD_63 - SVD

VIL_SVD_N - SVD with night scope

VIL_SVD_S - SVD short barrel, folded stock

VIL_SVD_M - modern production SVD

VIL_SVD_P21 - modern SVD with Belarusian scope 1P21;

VIL_SVU - SVU

SV-98 sniper rifle

magazines[] = {"VIL_10Rnd_762x54_SV"};

VIL_SV_98 - basic version with PKS-07 red dot scope

VIL_SV_98_69 - version with zoom scope 1P69

Edited by vilas

It's funny - Vilas created 1000000 addons (some of them maybe have bad textures or something but 988379 are briliant) and his addons never was in final group in "Bohemia Interactive Community Awards" but f.e. Pack AN-2 aircraft is (which has great quality - but it's just one plane!) ...

Too right! Massive contribution to the community! :)

I hope to post some screenshots of one of my first mission to show how great are the weapons once ingame with proper units... amazing. Also there so many combinations i think this team will change equipment many times along the storyline ;)

Thank you Vilas, Great work!

But:

1. If you are making SVU-AS ( type of SVU that producing since 1993 ) - it has full auto firing mode.

2. Muzzle-sight on AK-74/M and AK-107 (and all BIS-based models) does not reach needed level.

attachment.php?attachmentid=56115&d=1262006751

Edited by Li0n

SVU that i made is SVU , i can config it double to class SVUA too, not a problem

but what you meant in point 2 ? english is not my native, i made front sight mount as i seen in google searched photos

also do you have detailed photo of left side of SVU ?

in google i found only 4 photos, mostly right side (safety switch)

also do you have detailed photo of left side of SVU ?

in google i found only 4 photos, mostly right side (safety switch)

I'll manage to find something more.. i'll let you know by mail tomorrow evening ;)

I have a question of curiosity: do you have plans for some more options in red-dots or sights in general as well as silencers for your modern weapons pack?

vilas

thumb_07d7adc0.jpg

left - rpk-74m, right - ak-74m ( and all Bis-based models)

Also, found a bug (PKM NSPU)

8c6959d6dd73b8a725d02e999955a777.jpg

Edited by Li0n

aaa okay, now i understand , sight will be changed

concerning PKM , it is just opened shoulder keeping plate