vilas

VILAS addons release thread

HM..Will check...

What about Vilas tanks(tanks from this pack are pretty creapy)?

UPDATED Shtora-1 system doesnt work properly in russian armor pack - it is only some parody on it, no Arena system to.

Edited by DenisRUS

I'm not sure but I think that at the current time their version of Shtora-1 is the best you can get.

I would like it if Vilas did a Shtora or Arena but with everything he is currently doing/making for the community and fans I doubt he would have time for such a complicated project.

@ANZACSAS Steve:

Maybe it will work too if you set up a special ARTY ammo for the M109 by inheriting from the D30 arty magazine?

If that works, that would be the solution for all our arty module related problems.

------

People will love Vilas' new Sov/Rus tank pack... :)

i am not making new models, this addon will be only import from P85

because people asked for "small addon , no need to download whole mod to do mission"

that's why i divided Bradley+M109

that's why i will give T64, T80, Rygugu T55 , 2S1

it will have Arma2 shaders, and BIS weapons/sounds/reticles - to be "small addon"

currently archive is 23 MB only

and it is after first tests by 3 people

Shtora ? Arena? maaaan - my dreams, but i remind - i am poor coder, it is far behind my skills

edit:

as i have no time for tests before i leave for some holidays:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vilas_st.7z

as it was with Bradley+M109 pack, please treat it as "public test" now ;)

replacing textures by "section" is possible probably (i allow permission for CDF, RACS, desert, winter, other Russian camo, Insurgents/Chedaki or national camo)

addon is 23 MB archive, contains what was told before, extra UAZ van

when weapon reticles, icons will be made i can release rifles pack (only 9A91 , Vikhr, pistol Yargina left to do)

but it will be after Christmas - sorry , i am only one man ;)

fixes to vehicles addon will be after Christmass, now it is high time for friends and family and sport ;)

T55 made by Rygugu, T55 modernised and T62 by Rygugu and me , so thats why no "texture selections" on His models, cause to reskin his model - his word is needed, i can only allow release your custom reskins for things i done myself

UAZ 451/452 also has texture selection and you can have other camo/colour of this offroad van

sorry that i even have no time for making screens a.t.m. , promo screens welcome very much

i know colors of camo not fit BIS camo

any person is free to do reskin to better fit Russian BIS colors

simply do your addon following way:

uses my addon NOT changed, your addon is config + texture folder:

class your_tank : vil_t_something {

displayname= T-xx (camo by...)

hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo01", "Camo02", ...};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\my_addon\texture_01_co.paa", "\my_addon\texture_02_co.paa", ...};

};

and new colors versions should work

ERA bricks may give problems, cause now they fit my camo scheme

when i will have time - i will publish UV mesh overlay for help

atm sorry i have to pack rucksack and warm clothes :D

Edited by vilas

By the way - if you change those two lines in the config:

weapons[] = {"vil_GV_2A31"};

magazines[] = {"vil_GVmag_HE", "vil_GVmag_HEAT"};

to

weapons[] = {"D30"};

magazines[] = {"30Rnd_122mmHE_D30", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmWP_D30", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSADARM_D30", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmLASER_D30", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSMOKE_D30", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmILLUM_D30"};

the 2S1 will work with BIS ARTY module... - and I'm pretty sure that the same goes for the M109... :)

Merry x-mas to U all...

if anyone has info about 1P69 reticle - please help in this

i know and i made PKS-07 reticle, NSPU2 and NSPU3 reticles, but Izmash shown 1P69 for SV98 is for me secret , all i know , it is 3-10x zoom, as Russian counterpart for Leupold from M24

Vilas did ya put Major Woody's fixes into your arty so that they work with BI artillery modules? That would definitely make your arty units MUCH more useful and even more awesome! While the ammo won't be realistic at least they would work as actual artillery instead of just as tanks (assuming the fix works).

Keep up the good work Vilas!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i can double class and have 2 Gvozdiks

but also anyone can release own ammo config / soundmod addon /reskin to this (shown above and in readme)

as to Bradley+M109 (yet not made texture selection version, but in future will be made)

i don't prohibit releasing such addons as "XYZ sound version of Vil_ABC" "XYZ balistics version of VIL_ABC" - cause it not touches original addon

New and mirror on Armed Assault.info

Some screen-shots on Armed Assault.info taken on my own Soviet Far East map still in a early state of building ^^.

Got an error message and CTD when putting T62 on map "invalid crew ru-soldier_crew_APS", so I believe that the addon is dependant from unit and config addon.

Found the inside of the T55 too bright ...

Link to mirror :

Soviet Armour Pack

Hey Vilas

The tank package looks nice. good work but the camo net tank looks unrealistic because the net is too clean hang up. i think it must be look like this.

Leopard_2A6_Dutch_Army_01.jpg

i am sorry for error in crew with, as i am in home - i am replacing it now

and i made "doubled" 2S1, one "real" ammo, second "D-30" as Major Woody wrote here

please re-upload mirrored addon

Villas,

Will you be added the Pion back in? One thing I really like about your Soviet/Russian Pack was it had a lot of arty and other armor that you can't find else where.

P85 has it, i cannot divide all from P85 cause P85 must have some "unique" stuff :)

yes, real Gvozdik has no other armament

it is used as mobile howitzer only , maybe some countries mounted something later

@Dimitri & Vilas,

I tried configuring the M109 with the 155mm vila weapon to run the D30 mag ammo and it didnt work for indirect fire with the Arty module.

It makes me think the problem is in the weapon then.I couldnt see any difference with the D30 weapon and the vil 155mm weapon ,so i am a little confused.

As i said in a previous post the M109 vehicle works with the arty module when armed with D30 wep and mag.

I also had a shot at making a new Arty mag ith all the Classnames with the classname prefix of ARTY_ and that didnt seem to make any difference.

I am thinking the problem is in the Weapon.

From what i could see in the config it helps to edit the turret to match the M119 and D30. I havent tested with custom ammo yet. But the test version i did with the M109 fitted with the elevation, weapon and ammo from the M119 works perfectly. Mobile arty :bounce3:

Thank you very much for the latest armor pack! The T-55 is just what I needed to make some of my missions.

Anymore old Soviet Block vehicles you wanna make would be fine with me :)

Between your armor and maps like Namalsk, I've been having fun making an ARMA2 version of the game "Soldiers of Anarchy". Keep up the great work!

Cescollino - if ACE replaced default BIS animations - sorry, but impossible to fix if they changed BIS default things, thats why i don't touch BIS classes

here "default" anim for rifle seems to be changed, so this error probably

appear with many weapons, if ACE used "hangrip" anim as default M16 anim replacing BIS animation

9a91_wip.jpg

w.i.p. on 9A91

Edited by vilas