Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

I just noticed that this mod is still beta, i did wonder already since not a single server had this mod running. Hope this will change after the mod will be released..gj !

So nobody knows which file allows for people to hear Bravo rather than 2 over communications (etc) ?

So nobody knows which file allows for people to hear Bravo rather than 2 over communications (etc) ?

I just tried the SLX Dialogue +Alpha team+Alpha numbers and they used Bravo instead of 2, vocally that is.

wait I just the used dialogue.pbo, but that result isn't working?

Is there an Alpha team pbo or something?

Froggy how did u accomplish this?

Yep 3 pbo's mate.

SLX Dialogue.pbo

SLx_Alpha_Teams.pbo

SLX_Alpha_Numbers.pbo

Don't know for sure which one's responsible, just took a stab at it and it works.

I did play it with the ACE2 mod and vop sounds, not sure if this makes a different if you play without such mods.

- seems like they order too often to hit the ground and block movement

- missions cant be finished cause you run out of ammo since there are certain situations

where you should have killed the opponent but you need almost a full magazin to kill

kill him. Accuracy is maybe a bit too weak.

Edited by oxmox

Hey Solus - I don't know if you're still maintaining this suite, but I'm still using it :)

Very occasionally, a wounded team member will teleport to co-ords 0,0, meaning he is miles away and swimming. I don't know whether other AI units also have this occasional teleport problem when wounded, I just notice it when I see the team member's pipette suddenly show his new location.

To be fair - I am using this with ACE also, but it happens too occasionally for me to reliably reproduce it for testing. It happens just often enough to be annoying :) and only when wounded, which is the part that makes me think it's SLX. (ACE doesn't have as nice a wounding system ;))

For the purposes of this report, In my SLX/ACE2 mix, I'm only using SLX_Wounds_AIS and SLX_Wounds.

edit - w00ps, never mind.

Edited by KaBoNG
d'oh!

Love SLX, used to play with slx and FFUR alot in ofp. But im really missing the option to carry the dead in vehicles, is it possible to turn that on?

Edit:

Found out how to move dead in to vehicles, is a bit more complicated the it was in ofp, but it still works. You have to be dragging a corpse and select move into vehicle, then you can select drag from inside the vehicle.

Edited by arkengel

Given that there is some 61 pages of reading to get through I was hoping someone could answer my quick question.

The opening post states that if you use the SLX mod in a non SLX server it will crash the game. Does this apply to all the PBOs? Or just some.

Particularly there are a few of the smaller tweaks in there that I'm interested in, namely the stance and weapon changing speeds. Kju has already done the 'hop-over-fence' animation speed tweak that I'm using but he appears to have dropped off the radar as far as his proper tweaks are concerned.

Thanks.

It only applies to some PBOs. Several of the PBOs are 100% clientside and doesn't do anything that'll mess with a server. There's no real list on what does cause complications and what doesn't though. The stance and speed-stuff works on other servers afaik, but I've never tried it so not 100% sure.

It only applies to some PBOs. Several of the PBOs are 100% clientside and doesn't do anything that'll mess with a server. There's no real list on what does cause complications and what doesn't though. The stance and speed-stuff works on other servers afaik, but I've never tried it so not 100% sure.

Yeah I've gathered that from looking through the list of PBOs that have been released so far.

Doesn't matter too much however as most servers I play on require a key which SLX doesn't seem to have just yet.

I haven't had time to work on SLX much so here's the latest version:

http://www.filefront.com/15547683/SLX_Mod_ArmA2_1.9.rar

Changes:

-Made death anims use prone collision box to try and avoid clipping.

-Fixed SLX_Groups not being syncronized in MP.

-Made near ally helper script use allGroups to search instead of SLX_Groups so GL3 is not required.

-Possibly fixed bug where the BIS AIS handledamage was not being overwritten.

-Fixed some script error in take weapon script.

-Possibly fixed rare static MG error.

-Made M249 have moving reload.

-Made AIs possibly stop suppressive fire after an enemy group is wiped out.

-Added time limit to AI dragging.

-Possibly made AIs wait to get important things from dead people if the enemy can still see the body.

-Changed some things to try to fix AI warping when doing evasive moves.

-Made AIs only stop to shoot if they can see the enemy and the enemy cannot see them, and the target is a land vehicle or person.

-Fixed unneccessary checks for launcher prone animations.

-Added more range to voice pitch variation.

-Tweaked bounding for effectiveness. Canceling suppressive fire when appropriate, no extra suppressive target call outs, canceling attack when morale drops.

-Fixed rare script error in divert move.

-Optimized turn move check and fixed falling off buildings.

-Fixed falling off buildings in evasive AI.

-Made GL3 player garrison more effective. Players group should garrison the building that the player is in when in Vee formation. 0-0-1 to say ready to end.

-Made garrison more effective.

-Optimized findcover to not run repeatedly under lag.

-Made AI evasion a little more effective and optimized.

-Possibly fixed AT backblast hurting shooter in MP with lag.

-Made NVGs take up a misc item slot to free up the other item slots for the knife because the knife doesn't work a misc item.

-Made knife animation slower.

-Made lowered rifle never able to fire when being raised.

-Made AIs only move toward cover when stopped so they don't keep breaking their stride and dancing around.

-Tried making wounded people very hard for AIs to see to stop them from shooting.

-Fixed a small glitch in start dragging.

-Fixed prone anim check for knock down to be compatible with ACE.

-Changed bullet sounds again. Attaching the sound object to the bullets doesn't seem to work anymore so it was removed. Went through BHD for accounts of being shot at. Removed sound object, made bullet fly sound louder, tweaked supersonic sounds.

-Fixed error in GL3 vehicle travel for backup.

-Fixed rocket and missile sounds.

-Fixed _mag error in vehicle damage.

-Changed fire brightness,

-Fixed ragdoll physics object not getting deleted when stopped.

-Fixed error in AIS fix init.

-Fixed script error in near ally.

-Made tank smoke not fire under 10 fps to avoid mega slowdowns.

-Fixed optimization bug in turnmove.

-Made UAV fly in height set viewdistance with minimum 2km viewdistance.

-Tweaked UAV AI steering.

-Made UAV marker laser attach to the nearest land vehicle within 10 meters so missiles can be easily aimed at vehicles.

-Made BIS battlefield clearance module replacement to fix code spamming anim FSMs slowing the game down.

-Removed SLX_Birds due to lag.

-Made suppression function only run when a group is in combat to reduce unneccesary checks in other groups.

-Made SLX Wounds first aid run BIS first aid to heal BIS effects.

-Fixed MV-22 in campaign.

-Improved AI join so groups can join the player then be released back to their waypoints.

-Removed "move to" speech as the most annoying repeated AI speech command on waypoints.

Is there any way you could give "alerted groups" a waypoint to the enemy so they don't just sit around?

Thanks for your wonderful mod!

Guys, can we launch RPGs and/or M136s from "prone" position in SLX Mod ?

Okay i see we can launch them...:D

Edited by Vilman

Is there a way to load an ammo box into a vehicle?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Also, is there a list of which PBO's are dependent upon each other? MY FPS are pretty low with everything enabled so I want to improve performance by maybe removing some of the PBO's that I don't really need. I like the wounding system, carrying ammo boxes but I tried just adding a few PBOs to the addon folder but I get errors of dependent PBOs.

@Solus

You are bringing me really into a conflict now....There is ACE2, GL4 and SLX. There are a lot of features in a lot of all these mods. How to get the best of all? I mean how to mix them?

Can you please at least provide some information about what .pbos work as standalone from SLX?

Then we could try to mix them with the other mods.

Especially Im interested in SLX AI, since it was one of best ever.

Yeah, SLX did give me my best gaming experience so far. But you're right, how to mix.

Some things I REALLY liked about SLX:

Birds ;)

The way I would see distant troops dragging injured troops out of the way.

The way I would see a troop "die", but then he would recover and move away somewhere to hassle me later. It compelled me to put a few extra rounds into bodies :)

Troops would hide.

Blood.

Knocking weapons out of troops' hands.

Knocking troops on their ass for a few seconds.

Much, much more.

SLX is by far my favorite gameplay mod. Overall it just feels better, despite a few hitches.