Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

Actually, i think teleport bug appears only in MP, never had it in SP.

This bug has to do with SLX_RPG7.pbo -snip-
Here's the next version -snip-

I guess it wasn't just me after all, nice to see it fixed so quickly!

Hey, Solus, could you possibly add an option to tie the captives up?

That way they wouldn't go running off as soon as you leave them. It's of course nice that friendly units can keep an eye on them, but it makes sense to tie them up and not just leave them standing around somewhere.

Hunter123: How did you reproduce the problem? What exactly are you and the helper doing, and what is going on around you when you teleport? What kind of system do you have?

Duggedank: I think tied up people would escape anyway if there wasn't someone watching, so tying them up probably wouldn't make much of a difference. You can consider them tied up already if someone is watching them.

Thanks for keeping Armaholic updated Foxhound!

Edited by Solus

Is there any way we could extract just the AI features from SLX to have as a standalone mod. The SLX improvements as well as the features from GL3 are really something (aside from the radios in GL3 - not a fan of those), but whenever I try to make the AI mods standalone I get various errors and keep having to put pbos back in.

@Solus: Last time it happened I was playing the 1st mission of the sas task force campaign. My machinegunner took a bullet and fell to the ground. I ordered my medic to heal him by pressing 6 and clicking heal mg. When the medic arrived at him both just teleported to 0,0,0. I'm using ace and gl4 along with your mod so I haven't got all of the pbos enabled. I'm aware of their dependencies, so that shouldn't be the cause of the problem. I have to say that this issue appears very rarely so it's not really an immersion-killer.

@SafetyCatch: Why not use Gl4?

Is there any way we could extract just the AI features from SLX to have as a standalone mod. The SLX improvements as well as the features from GL3 are really something (aside from the radios in GL3 - not a fan of those), but whenever I try to make the AI mods standalone I get various errors and keep having to put pbos back in.

You should read the 1st post of this topic, Solus has put down all the .pbo's and their dependencies.

@Hunter123: GL3 is built into SLX, at least that's what the pbo says, hence why I asked.

@paragraphic: Yeah, problem with those dependencies listed are that they cover just that, dependencies. Sure stuff might work when you run everything as listed in the readme and first page, but I'm getting error messages, too many to name with different combinations of pbos, which aren't good if I want to put this on a server.

Edited by SafetyCatch

@Solus

Generally a great improvement of SLX. Although there are some game killing bugs. :(

1. When playing with ACE2 + GL4 and about 50% of the pbo's, (and yes, I chose carefully the pbo's that are dependant) the game crashes after some time.

2. In the .rpt there are some error. Most famous is the error that occurs 355'000 times in my rpt. :

Error: Model slx_cloud\flatsmoke.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just one LOD level

I would like to play without this pbo, but it says that this is missing at game start. Even when this is not described to be a needed pbo in the readme...

3. then this:

Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in slx_wounds\models\slx_weaponholder2.p3d. Selection 4a not found

I just use the wounds system with all the pbo's and the slx AI with all the pbo's.

And some additional like lights, fov, mimics, netcode, shout, dialogue, helicopter ai fix, explosiondust, ragdoll.

If needed I can list them all one by one.

Its a shame cause sometimes its working great, and it fills in the gaps which ACE and GL4 cannot close.

Duggedank: I think tied up people would escape anyway if there wasn't someone watching, so tying them up probably wouldn't make much of a difference. You can consider them tied up already if someone is watching them.

Well I can't vouch for this since I haven't tested it that much, but I'm adding a "Restrain" action to all captives by using the tied up animations from the scene in the Campaign where Team Razor is tied up and that seems to actually lock them down pretty well.

(_unit switchMove "ActsPsitMstpSnonWunaDnon_sceneNikitinDisloyalty_Sykes") there's four slightly different ones, one for each member except Miles.

Maybe they can suddenly decide to run off, but (_unit disableAI "move") should solve that no?

I guess one might argue that there's no point in asking you to do it when I already do it by myself, but maybe someone else would like it as well, and the less scripting I have to do by myself the happier I am when making quick missions for me and my friends :)

Edited by Duggedank

We have replaced the old version with the new v1.96. Thanks for this update! :yay:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

1074549.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

I have 3 questions I hope someone can answer.

1. If I want to use this, but not have the brutal AI - how would I configure that? or is it even configurable (this is without ACE). Or am I confusing the AI upgrades in this with Group-Link 4. I'm getting mod over-load!

2. If I wanted to use this, but use WarFX graphics, or JTD's fire & Smoke, would I just put this first then either of those second? Then it will load SLX, the over-write/load with what comes later in the launch list?

ex. @SLX;@WarFX

Thank you! :)

SafetyCatch: Ok, I'll try making just the AI standalone and releasing it, with the radios as a separate addon.

Hunter123: Thanks, I'll try testing that some more.

Kroky:

1. Some more specific info on which pbos would help. Also with so many things it's hard to say if SLX is even the cause of the crashes.

2. Thanks, I must have overlooked it when integrating the new and old list of pbos. It's actually a dependency for most things. I fixed the readme in the first post.

3. Thanks, fixed it!

Duggedank: Ok I guess that could be added real quick.

Marko112: Thanks!

jpinard:

1. You can take out the AI pbos.

2. The loading order shouldn't matter much for those things.

Edited by Solus

Solus- you rock! Ok, I have another thing I'm not quite understanding. I was under the assumption that the game would look at each mod in order, and specifically load one full mod, then load the next and if there's shared lines of code in both, the last mod loaded would have priority over-writing the previous mods code. This is why I would do this (as an example):

mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_S;@SLX;@WarFX

So, Ace would overwrite CBA since it loaded second, then SLX would overwrite stuff that conflicts with ACE, then WarFX would overwrite the explosions and specialfx of all the mods listed previous to it.

Or have I misunderstood this all?

I believe that the CfgPatches RequiredAddons is what determines the order of loaded configs, other than that I don't believe there is much significance to loading order. I've heard that only the very last mod loaded has some kind of higher or lower priority (probably in other than config, which is probably still based on CfgPatches) but I'm not sure. To test you could try making an addon with the same pbo name with changes (maybe a XEH chat text or something) in each folder and seeing which one takes priority when loading.

@Solus

I think I got it to work stable now, without crashes. I moved around a lot of pbo's until I got it working with the full ACE2 package and with GL4 and VFAI and JTD (FAS, FLIES, CLEARHORIZONS) and MMA (XEH) and RUG_DSAI and bunch of other (mainly) performance mods. It works smooth and the gameplay is mindblowing with all the enhancements

Maybe somebody is interested in my slick SLX version which fits all the other mods mentioned and fills the gap that no one of them is filling.

I was mostly interested in getting SLX_AI and SLX_WOUNDS to get working with the other mods. SLX_FOV is also a must IMHO.

Used pbo's:

- slx_ai

- slx_ai_dodge

- slx_ai_turnmove

- slx_aiskill

- slx_animals

- slx_bis_bc_fix

- slx_bis_xeh

- slx_cloud

- slx_dialogue

- slx_explosiondust

- slx_findcover

- slx_fov (thanks Solus for this, eventually somebody made a good fov)

- slx_helicopter_ai_fix

- slx_lights

- slx_mimics

- slx_netcode

- slx_ragdoll

- slx_shoteffects

- slx_shout

- slx_suppressioneffects

- slx_uav

- slx_vehicleeffects (this pbo probably fixed for me the ctd)

- slx_wounds

- slx_wounds_ais

All other pbo not used. (successfully put SLX_GL3 out, since I'm using GL4).

@Solus

Please check if the two pbo are really ok:

- slx_ace_missilefix

- slx_ace_missilefix2

I saw some 'conflicting' messages in the .rpt and put this two out. Maybe it did the trick to get SLX to run stable.

The other (very likely) reason is:

There are a lot more pbo dependencies than described in your readme. After I added some of the pbo's that should have been optional, I got a first stable run with SLX and the other mods. And yes the reason is for sure SLX for the CTD, since I run this mod configuration for a long time now, with success. Only after adding SLX it started to crash. The last pbo I added (and removed at the same time the slx_ace_missilefix pbo's) was slx_vehicleeffects. Since then I got it to run stable.

So all in all a very good mix now.

I would suggest, Solus, to make more pbo packages that run stable as standalone.

Like:

1. For slx_wounds you need: this and this pbo

2. For slx_ai you need: this and this pbo

and so on.

@Solus

One more thing please:

Please adjust the FOV of the driver position in cars and trucks, according to the FOV of the passenger in the back seat.

Thanks Kroky! I don't know what in those pbos could have caused crashing but it's great that you got it figured out! I might be able to fix that RPT error though. I'll do some more testing later for completely separate stuff. Most of the dependencies should be listed but there's a lot of stuff so some things could have been left out but other than the resource stuff there shouldn't be many problems. That "optional" stuff hasn't been fully tested, some maybe it was something related to that? Thanks, I'll look into the FOV stuff some more and make sure everything is looking good.

Edited by Solus

Not to derail at all, but Kroky, it sounds like you're using the exact set of mods I'd like to use for the same reason. I know it might take a bit of work, but could you list them all? I've sent you a pm too.

@Solus

A really great mod. But one thing gets me confused:

Is there a solution for the "hold fire"-bug?

Even if i tell the soldiers to "hold fire" they shoot at enemies. Somebody knows how to fix that?

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

MadMike.48th: Looks like disableAI "autotarget" gets the AIs to hold fire completely when told to hold fire and have no target, but they can still fire at assigned targets. Maybe I can make a selection in the command menu for players to set their AI to not fire. It could even be an ROE mod: always hold fire, fire when fired upon, fire at will, etc.

Imperator_Pete: Someone could make a script that does the same thing as in SLX wounds without needing anything extra in the addon, but that's outside the scope of what I'm doing.