Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Look at the words, beta patch, and it has achieved what 3 officials patches had not. More :yay::yay::yay:

Conclusion: The idea of have us, the public, including clans and people in general, to be the beta testers is the best idea that BIS could of ever come up with, I'm glad this is the case, this game wont be test it by anyone else as the public will, and hopefully with BIS support this game will be what we all want it to be. Thumbs up for BIS in this idea.(Hopefully this sets a standard for other Game Developers)

I love the new beta patches.

Same here! Good job BIS. :ok:

Probs in Manhatten mission.. keep getting full white screens in the woods looking for camp sites.. not video artifacts but full white screen. this never happen with any other versions..smoke works good tho..hehe

using beta 58834

Thanks for the mouse smoothing option. With it off the game was totally unplayable, now it's smooth as silk and I don't have to run away from my fireteam to avoid my speakers dying anymore.

THANKS!

+1 for BIS.

I was having problems with mouse lag, however got more or less accostumed to it, after the initial sea sickness (head bob turned way up didn't help either :))

However, this latest beta (58834) seems to have alleviated almost 100% of the lag, probably, by making the simulation FPS wise much more smoother.

And NO, I dont like mouseSmoothing = 0!!! It feels like I'm aiming a gun in a 320x240 DOS-era shooter.

I really dont think mouse lag has anything to do with mouse smoothing. They can or cannot be linked, depends on coding, but I would bet BIS devs found some way to improve mouse handling independently of smoothing.

[58815] Fixed: Enemy kills made by player using stolen enemy vehicle are no longer considered as friendly kills.

Only works if hosting. Tried on my dedicated server and you still get minus for enemy kills if using stolen enemy vehicle.

I should add that I used the beta as a mod folder in the shortcut for the 1.03 dedi server.

That's probably because the dedicated server EXE is still the old 1.03 one.

Still got sound issues. No beta running works fine. Beta running = Sound files seem like they are cut short or dont play at all.. Group of AI shooting you can only hear some of them shooting and it sounds awful, like i said its like the gunshot sound file gets cut short and goes "BA" instead of "BANG" lol thats if it even plays at all. Beta off and it sounds perfect again :(

I noticed a weird graphic artifact when using a RCON rifle with scope. The lens would reflect nearly white making it useless and the lens would become low-poly, intersecting the scope housing.

the thread title should be updated becasue the current version is: ARMA2_Build_58834.zip

Indeed, done.

Please use report post (or you can MSN me) when such changes are required so we can get to it quickly.

I still hope that BIS will find the time to fix the typing error in the T-72/T-90 .cfg that makes both easily destroyable by rifles in the next build.

Thanks for the mouse smoothing option. With it off the game was totally unplayable, now it's smooth as silk and I don't have to run away from my fireteam to avoid my speakers dying anymore.

THANKS!

ehm... it was ON by default i believe.

Since Beta v.58834 the -showScriptErrors do only return:

(null)

(null)

(null)

(null)
(null)
(null)
(null)

after there was made something wrong in the script syntax.

I still hope that BIS will find the time to fix the typing error in the T-72/T-90 .cfg that makes both easily destroyable by rifles in the next build.

Never ran into this bug (didn't destroy that much T72/T90's myself), but that'd sure be nice to fix.

Also just wondering if BIS could fix the bug where when flying a Jet your rudder goes left right left right when flying over a certain speed. Surely you guys cant stand this Bug either?!

yoho..

1. I really don't recognize any difference of mousesmoothing..but maybe u should put it also in the ingame-options menu to enable /disable it

2. chat , yeah finally the keys are not opening watch and stuff while typing in chat..very good..keep it..

3. sound probs..as the other guy said, the sounds of guns are not sounding complete, the first shot is always like cut off..sounds really poor, which made me uninstall beta, because i can't stand that any longer..sounds really really bad..

I am also experiencing sound problems, similar or the same OrdeaL mentioned above. I first noticed this in version 1.03 in missions with a lot of gunfire at the same time.

is it possible to fix this one:( i did not see any change in beta patch)

if my Ai-gunner(i.E. in tank) is spotting enemies, he only shoots, after spotting them, that's really bad, if you imagine driving in a tank, you see an AI rpg-soldier pulling out his rpg, your gunner says"hey man look there's an evil rpg-soldier" meanwhile u get the first rocket and you can't drive anymore..i recognized that in some mods it's different, my gunner in tank shot the rpg guy immidiately if he recognized enemy soldier..if it's possbile, plz fix that, because those 2 seconds of spotting are very important in war :)

Did this beta patch fix any z-fighting-texture-flickering-missing-textures?

toyz

the beta patch download is passworded now.

lol

I just downloaded ARMA2_Build_58834.zip and unpacked without a single password needed.

Played the campaign mission "Harvest Red" last night with the new beta patch... I honestly did not notice ANY difference. Everything seemed to be the same as before.

Sadly the game still did not open the next mission up for play... even though I have successfully finished the mission. :(

Yapa

First, thanks to BIS for getting the beta ball rolling for thoose of us who want to test, this time even better than before with rapid builds and even MP compability!

What I observed was that while taking fire (which was quite inaccurate) I could hear the supersonic cracks from the rounds but not always the gunshots themselves, even with multiple enemies firing at me.

I haven't had much time but did some quick tests yesterday and experienced pretty much the same here with 1.03.58834 Beta. A larger inf. firefight sounds quite different from previous versions due to some "dropped" gunfire. Also still heard some (minor) clicks after firing my own gun, not as bad as in 1.03 but still there for me.

Spec given below:

Windows XP Pro SP2

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.0 GHz

2 GB RAM

Realtek ALC889A High Definition Audio System (driver version R2.24)

GeForce GTX 260-216 896 MB (driver version 186.18 WHQL)

/KC

Despite my previous unwillingness:

I installed ATI 9.8 + the latest beta patch, and

- I noticed a significant increase in FPS

- I HAD to notice a significant increase in textures loading (!!!)

I did not temper with the config file, I just set all the settings to VERY HIGH and TURNED OFF post-processing.

Fact is, in the capital city, the textures can still be seen "popping up" after a while, but much faster than before. In the country and small villages, everything seems nearly perfect so far...;o)

On the other hand, dialogues are seriously messed up - when my character is talking to someone else, all the dialogues are very quite (irrespective of how the volume is set) and sound as if from a distance.

Good progress, BIS and ATI:o)

SPECS:

WinXP 32bit

3GB Ram

ATI 4850 1GB VaporX

Edited by ShaiCZ