Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

may be have mouse smoothing set to come in with the Hold breathe function.. ie right mouse. Might make more people happy... thx for the beta.

Put me down as someone who really dislikes the new mouse movement. I hope its going to be optional. Seems clear that it fixed it for some and broke for others. So if we can have it either way, then problem solved. BIS doesn't even need to make any UI for the mouse smoothing options. I am sure people can edit their config files for something like this (adding in game UI options can be time consuming I am sure).

GREAT initiative BIS. Allow those who want to help out to do so, and allow those who don't to not be bothered by it. DL'ing now. Good to read about the speed of sound being back, sorely missed it. And keep repeating that mantra Sinx, 'you are now involved in user testing, not final patch'

Edited by Scrub

Runs fine so far on v1.03 Servers, not sure if missions will be affected :)

Nice one, I like the way BI releases these beta's as mods, so you can still play the latest official/stable release

...However. In the BETA-patch a very strange and annoying mouse stutter was introduced. It's like it freezes and then let's go for a microsecond or two all the time. It has nothing to do with graphics, since it runs very smooth if I just run wothout using the mouse...

Hmm... Half joke, half not: If you'd imagine the stuttering smoothed out, would it be mouse lag-ish? Anyone else WITHOUT former mouse lag have this stutter? Can we gather information toward the source of it? Interface issues, irregular polling of the mouse interrupt, chipsets, motherboards, the mouse USB interface chip model (most are from one or two manufacturers)... something has to be a common factor.

Edited by Scrub

The beta page seems to be broken, I cannot see change log or download the patch?????

The beta page seems to be broken, I cannot see change log or download the patch?????

Worked fine for me this morning and now. Note that the links are to their FTP server, not a web server, so you might have a firewall that's preventing you from being able to download properly.

Personally, I think the mouse smoothing should be optional; I read a post under another thread where a moderator said there was little intention to impliment a "mouse smoothing option", since it seemed to be more broken than anything at the time. However, I do honestly believe that implimenting it, while it may be a hassle, would satisfy those who had problems WITH mouse smoothing, and those who have problems WITHOUT it.

I am very, very happy with the rate at which patches are being developed and released.

It's very nice to see the BIS team working with the community to iron out all problems in-game.

I think the true ArmA fans can appreciate that no game is perfect when it is released, and we can help to make things better with constructive criticism. I believe ArmA 2 is an incredible game with a few ticks and tweaks to work out, and I think cooler heads will prevail. Hopefully those who are more upset about the current issues can put themselves in BIS's shoes and realize that a game of this magnitude can be pretty demanding and harder than it might seem to release it without any glitches/issues.

Those with mouse smoothing issues probably can configure their mouse driver to do smoothing, if needed.

For me the removal of mouse smoothing means that I can finally drive a vehicle on the street for a sustained period. :p

What browser are you using? I couldn't download it with google chrome, but it worked straight away with IE. I'd disabled my firewall [briefly] too.

If anyone is having issues downloading it with Chrome use Internet Explorer, it worked for me!

Ok ive seen this mouse thing people are going on about, gota say i never had a prob with my mouse till this beta patch..On my rig its not a huge prob but its not as nice as the mouse without the patch.

My one and only problem is!! The sound.. Just been doing some testing with two groups of AI and without the patch you can hear all the gun firing sounds but with the beta patch its like it can only play a couple of sound files at once and you can see people firing but no sound cause theres two many sound files being played..Tryed out without the patch again and works fine :( So are you guys getting this problem?

p.s. Im using on board sound no fancy sound card

What does this do:

[58788] Command line argument -cpuCount=NNN to override cpu count detection.

Wow... They messed up the mouse movement... It's really jerky... I'm glad this patch can be uninstalled...

What does this do:

[58788] Command line argument -cpuCount=NNN to override cpu count detection.

I would imagine it is intended to avoid crashes when detecting more than 8 cores.

I'll be frank, the mouse sucks in the beta, really bad, jurky....

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

I would imagine it is intended to avoid crashes when detecting more than 8 cores.

Thanks!

Yes! That's how patches should look like, just fixes. Thank you, BIS.

I gotta say I like the new mouse movement. The speed the mouse moves at no longer changes as the FPS goes up and down.

I don't see any pixel skipping. I can aim precisely just fine.

Feels like aiming in COD now, but with inertia (can't spin around as fast). I know that having something in common with an "arcade game" is an insult to some, but who cares...

I think the weapon sway should be increased to compensate for it being much easier to aim.

Also mouse acceleration and smoothing should be put in the control options.

Lol, I had no problems, but the BETA just introduced serious mouselag....

no mouselag for me. Actually, no new issues for me! Sound issues are completely gone.

I ♥ beta patches!

Hello Community.

Just a quick question.

My Logitech mouse has an option within the driver to activate Mouse smoothing. i am sure all the other top Mouses, ( Razer, Roccat, Microsoft ) have this as well.

I used to ALWAYS turn it off because i don't like the effect.

now in Arma2, could this solve some issues for those that have mouse problems since the patch?

Im @ work, so i cant test @ the moment, but try it out, maybe it helps some.

Greetings

:( Game don't start with this patch! I have error "No entry '.profilePathDefault'"

damnarma1.th.jpg

After this see:

damnarma.th.jpg

And windows say me that arma made critical error and must be closed.

damnarma2.th.jpg

With 1.03 not beta patch, all is good...

are you sure you launch exe from \beta\ folder, with -mod=beta parameter?