Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Got a question. In that video with the apache and uav(unmanned littlebird) that is flying at night with the FLIR and lasing targets for the apache to fire its hellfires at; can units lase targets for apache hellfires too? I know you can do it with JDAMS in arma2, although its a pain in the anus all the time for some reason.

But thinking now that building are destroyable, this feature now sounds so much more awesome.

The thought of engaging contacts inside a building and having a guy lase a window, and then have your apache guys pick up the lased spot and put a hellfire in the window bringing down the building and killing all inside SOUNDS AWESOME

The buildings are not any more destructible then they are now*... They just changed the Chernarus ones to desert colored, where the destruct stuff looks better. xD

*Going off of all the previews and screenshots

Can a player at least laser designate for an apache/cobra gunner?

I would hope so, you can do it right now in ACE.

Can a player at least laser designate for an apache/cobra gunner?

Laser designator implemented on aircraft? (Fixed wing and helicopters) It exists in reality, it's included in several community-made mods, it's fairly easy to integrate for community modders, let alone a full-fledged game developer. I don't see a good reason why it wouldn't be in Operation Arrowhead. ;)

I'm sorry but... Why... Why does this Terry Graves character (the Delta Force TL) sound like Cooper when he's talking but then when the player starts to call out stuff he's got that British accent on the radio? Why is there even a British one? It sounds like it's the same voice actor who did that terrible job at doing the "white" Berghoff in OFP:E... And is it just me, or does everyone in his team have the same radio voice actor, which is actually Cooper's voice actor?

I'm sorry but... Why... Why does this Terry Graves character (the Delta Force TL) sound like Cooper when he's talking but then when the player starts to call out stuff he's got that British accent on the radio? Why is there even a British one? It sounds like it's the same voice actor who did that terrible job at doing the "white" Berghoff in OFP:E... And is it just me, or does everyone in his team have the same radio voice actor, which is actually Cooper's voice actor?

I'm afraid so. Bad voice acting is to be expected, unfortunately. :(

Why couldnt some of the more common and general lines of speech been sampled in 1 go.

Such as "Move to that rock/tree/car/truck/house" etc. The disjointed speech kills the immersion for me. Theres about 4 different accents for 1 line.

Ill leave the voices on, even if I have 4 British Coopers in my team:). Although Im glad they finaly changed HQ voice to some female (she sounds a bit like Emerson in Crysis). Im tired of Shaftoe. He was giving voice in A1 already. Anyway, lets wait and see, maybe it wont be all coopers in final release.

The delta-force cutscene looks soo cool!

Looks like BIS is implementing some nice new eyecandy into OA, as well as keeping some of the lone-wolf OFP-style gameplay :yay:

Cooper voice is EPIC :D

But that's strange that for commands you can use your profile voice.. I think it's just little bug that will be fixed in final :)

Cooper voice is EPIC :D

But that's strange that for commands you can use your profile voice.. I think it's just little bug that will be fixed in final :)

I also agree that Cooper's voice is good . Oh and remember one thing , Delta Force is part of the US armed forces . Should I remind you that the USA is the melting pot of the world :) .

By the way , I saw an " Ak-74 GOSHAWK " in the spanish narrated video . IS that some kind of SF AK ?

I don't mind Cooper's voice actor. He's been in BIS' games since OFP:E (he replaced Colonel Blake's old voice actor). He's actually a good voice actor, probably the best out of the new ones. It's that goddamn British voice actor who you can hear on the radio, who absolutely murdered Berghoff in OFP:E (seriously, you should have heard him. If you played CWR for ArmA, you would have), and seems to have returned to do the same in OA...

OA just looks awesome. Can't wait!!!

Maybe BIS should invest to some text-to-speech solution instead of amateur voice actors. I'm sure there are some that can convey emotion like angry, authorative, humorous, sarcastic, scared, sad etc. Adding variety or changing something would be as simple as modifying some plain text.

They sound pretty good nowadays, and carry a more natural tone than cut up real speech.

I don't mind Cooper's voice actor. He's been in BIS' games since OFP:E (he replaced Colonel Blake's old voice actor). He's actually a good voice actor, probably the best out of the new ones. It's that goddamn British voice actor who you can hear on the radio, who absolutely murdered Berghoff in OFP:E (seriously, you should have heard him. If you played CWR for ArmA, you would have), and seems to have returned to do the same in OA...

I don't mind Cooper's voice actor, aside from the fact that he has a very thick Commonwealth accent. That British bloke would be nice, if he was actually playing a British character.

If you thought Americans doing fake British accents were bad, try the reverse. Britons doing fake American accents. *Shudders*

I mean, if BIS has access to British voice actors from England, why don't they add British units into the game, even in a basic or limited form? It's only logical.

I am talking about the British voice actor, Laqueesha. He put on a fake American accent to play Berghoff in OFP:E. It was cringe-worthy. :butbut:

To me, Cooper's voice sounds naturally American in all the BIS games he's done voice acting for.

I am talking about the British voice actor, Laqueesha. He put on a fake American accent to play Berghoff in OFP:E. It was cringe-worthy.

I agree with you, 100%. One Gamespot reviewer said somethimg similar regarding the aforementioned voice actor, to that effect.

To me, Cooper's voice sounds naturally American in all the BIS games he's done voice acting for.

Well to me, Cooper's voice has a very thick Commonwealth accent to it. I guess it's all a matter of perception.

I don't mind Cooper's voice actor, aside from the fact that he has a very thick Commonwealth accent. That British bloke would be nice, if he was actually playing a British character.

If you thought Americans doing fake British accents were bad, try the reverse. Britons doing fake American accents. *Shudders*

I mean, if BIS has access to British voice actors from England, why don't they add British units into the game, even in a basic or limited form? It's only logical.

It's not unheard of for Brits to be in the US Army and back in Vietnam it wasn't just Rick Rescorla (he is the only famous one though). I think you would be surprised how much foreigners are serving in the US Army.

Even in the British Army you will find Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis, South Africans, blokes from the Caribbean etc.

By the way, what's a Commonwealth accent? :p

Even in the British Army you will find Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis, South Africans, blokes from the Caribbean etc.

That's most likely because most of the countries you've described (with the exception of South Africa and some Caribbean countries) are Commonwealth realms. ;)

By the way, what's a Commonwealth accent?

An accent or dialect of that of an individual from a Commonwealth realm.

I think you would be surprised how much foreigners are serving in the US Army.

Oh I know from personal experience, mate. Believe me. I've met people in the United States military from all over the world. Many, or most, enlist to obtain U.S. citizenship and become Americans. :D

Edited by Laqueesha

I just realized this, but... The German version of the OA boxart looks 1) a lot like OFP's, therefore 2) a lot better than the other version. :eek:

It's that goddamn British voice actor who you can hear on the radio, who absolutely murdered Berghoff in OFP:E (seriously, you should have heard him. If you played CWR for ArmA, you would have), and seems to have returned to do the same in OA...

You can change your profile voice so you don't have to "suffer" him....