Sign in to follow this  
trickster1982

Is 1.03 worth downloading?

After a busy week & a weekend break with the girlfriend I havent touched ArmA 2 in almost a week & ive just come back here & see the 1.03 patch has been released, so my question is will I gain anything by downloading it,or should I just leave the game on 1.02 seen as it runs pretty much fine on that?I had a brief look in the 1.03 threads & there seems to be a lot of bitching so obviously I dont want to create problems by downloading it!

Well you can always try it out and reinstall if need me... That's what I'll be doing since 1.03 f**ked up my sound, maybe there's a couple of old servers left :(

After a busy week & a weekend break with the girlfriend I havent touched ArmA 2 in almost a week & ive just come back here & see the 1.03 patch has been released, so my question is will I gain anything by downloading it,or should I just leave the game on 1.02 seen as it runs pretty much fine on that?I had a brief look in the 1.03 threads & there seems to be a lot of bitching so obviously I dont want to create problems by downloading it!

Hi you have to check it out for your self i had trouble when i first instal it but i defrag 5 times and put the files in the outer rim of the HDD and now it runs great whit 7 full groups and 4 tanks but the 1.03 also create a couple bugs to

but overal its good

Hi you have to check it out for your self i had trouble when i first instal it but i defrag 5 times and put the files in the outer rim of the HDD and now it runs great whit 7 full groups and 4 tanks but the 1.03 also create a couple bugs to

but overal its good

What are the bugs in the new 1.03 patch?

The only bug I've noticed in 1.03 is sometimes the sound cuts out or gets fuzzy. I think it's worth it to download, especially if you play online. Lag and desyncs seem to be a lot less frequent now.

If you have Xp steer clear of the patch. If you are running Windows 7 I would d/l it. Before the patch I had terrible stuttering with Windows 7 and now it is gone with a good framerate. On the other hand, I had a good framerate with Xp before the patch with nearly no problems, now with 1.03 I cannot even load into the game without a crash. I built my system about 2 weeks back so both OS are fresh so cluttered Xp is not the problem here. The patch definiatly fuked up something with Windows Xp.

Absolutely. There are some problems that 1.03 introduces (VERY VERY annoying and wierd lag/skipping issue) but it also fixes many things that were not introduced in the changelog such as nightvision.

Is 1.03 worth downloading?

I actually have no idea.

If you do download it backup your game first.

The patch works good for me. But as you've seen some are having issues.

In 1.03 is sometimes the sound cuts out or gets fuzzy.

I noticed that too with my copy of ArmA 2 after installing the 1.03 patch.

Hopefully a fix will be available soon.

If you have Xp steer clear of the patch. If you are running Windows 7 I would d/l it. Before the patch I had terrible stuttering with Windows 7 and now it is gone with a good framerate. On the other hand, I had a good framerate with Xp before the patch with nearly no problems, now with 1.03 I cannot even load into the game without a crash. I built my system about 2 weeks back so both OS are fresh so cluttered Xp is not the problem here. The patch definiatly fuked up something with Windows Xp.

Okay thanks all for the advice, ill forget that one then tho, as XP user, also just got a rid of my crash problem for patch 1.02, and dont want it come come back again :)

Edited by konyo

The only bug I've noticed in 1.03 is sometimes the sound cuts out or gets fuzzy. I think it's worth it to download, especially if you play online. Lag and desyncs seem to be a lot less frequent now.
I have the same problem, only with this new patch. Hope it will be fixed in 1.04.

Yeah i have definitely noticed major sound distortion now. If more than 8 people in close range are firing at one given time, the sound just muffles and goes silent.

Might as well go for it and see what you make of it yourself, you've got nothing to lose really, you can always just reinstall 1.02 if you dont like it.

Not worth downloading at all!! i never had a single crash before 1.03... i now crash on average of 23243 times a day! its really taking the fun out of the game for me.

Yeah i have definitely noticed major sound distortion now. If more than 8 people in close range are firing at one given time, the sound just muffles and goes silent.

I have the same problem, I believe it occurred in Op Flash ages ago with one of its patches.

And if you are lucky enough like me and got the game off Steam. Then you got to download this 134MB patch at the size of 4.5GB. Yes, on Steam the patch is not 134MB but 4.5GB. And best of all You don't have a choice but to download/install the patch. If you disable the option to automatically download the patch. Then the game refuses to start. So my suggestion to you would be to give it a shot. If you don't like what the patch did for you. Then just reinstall the game. As for myself. I would expect that I'll be downloading another 4.5GB patch again in the near future when they update the game again... grrrrr...

Edited by CID_Gen_Bondorf

Thanks for the advice, i think il just stick with 1.02 for now as i dont have any game destroying bugs in there & i can run it with decent visuals,i bought a hard copy of the game too so i wont have the steam issue posted above

IMO its worth downloading. It fixed some things and started a few issues for some.

Worth trying it, if you dont like it, reinstall and just use 1.2.

I havnt had a single crash with 1.3 personally.