Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

BlackOps and desert mercs

hi schnapsdosel, are you doing winter russian units too?

could you make their jackets thicker and give them big furry collars like this?:

vsrl.jpg

ut0012789.jpg

Hey Schnapsdrosel,I was looking for some black ops pics on the net and found these toys:p http://hangmen13.16ops.com/?p=1596 ,if you have time do you plan to improve the black ops even further?

For example some units with lowered googles and balaclava combination or with that new gas mask,maybe some new gear?

Nice "toys". ;P

With the right profile settings and ACE you can get a pretty similiar look (should have taken the gas mask+gloves, though):

100mu.jpg

*wonders why imaginary Black Ops soldiers always are dressed in black*

Non the less, nice looking one, malibu :)

And I agree those Russian winter-units would be pretty cool. Fits Chernarus really well.

Just hoping that the empty EventHandler-definitions will be removed so that the merc-units become compatible with ACE :)

*wonders why imaginary Black Ops soldiers always are dressed in black*

Well black could be used in urban scenarios,in country scenarios,in all the other scenarios,in night ops,looks meaner and in other words black is teh shit.:p

I also wanted to BlackOps more tuned. More detailed Gasmask are needed. And the best way to choose them from the action menu / or permanently assigned to the unit. And do not select it from the profile. Please Schnapsdrosel if you can do something like that?

Heh, if you use the skull balaclava, tactical glasses and desert mercs you can look like Ghost from MW2.

Awesome pack, keep up the good work!

I hope well get that pack done soon, too, since we already invested so much time making it...

And for the western units, this is whats next:

us winter specops

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9613/winterops.jpg

any chance of more headgear with no goggles? I wanna use the ACE goggles with this :)

p.s.- They look awesome anyways!

Edited by Black1ron

I hope well get that pack done soon, too, since we already invested so much time making it...

And for the western units, this is whats next:

us winter specops

Nice work Schnapsdrosel! Looking forward to trying these!

Keep it up :)

/ ]NTRUDER

well looks like you beat me with the snow units...but hopefully once i get my new computer for x-mas ill release the whole mod for a2! p.s. i second that for usaf pj's as a ex-usaf csar unit member myself, i have worked with them in rl..there mad badazz

And they have the best motto of all sf units :P

Btw, what kind of uniform are pjs wearing these days? I´ve seen recent pics with "old" desert bdus and some with multicam.

Btw, schnaps, you definitely need a new name for your pack,

black ops and desert mercs is ...uh,well... slightly misleading.

Yeah adding PJs would be sick, especially in multicam. Maybe separate the packs into mercs/terrorists and US special forces? Or something like that.

also, might you be able to change the SOF desert units to have tan or desert camo shirts? some of them do, but most have black which doesn't blend in too well in the desert ;)

Edited by AnimalMother92

i can see if i can get pics from some of my old buddys in their csar gear(as its pretty much what the PJ's wear!), i still have my vests..we mostly used(at that time) the "chicken vests" aka the molle vests with dif. layouts of pouches depending on our mission and the amount of time we expect to be in the field! plus ammo and stuff! now we use alot more of the modual "blackhawk" assault\lcvs! and it would be cool to include them with the extraction\rescue harness like the bis pilots use!

US Winter SpecOps look great, but just wanted to point something out that will probably annoy detail-oriented gamers: The flag on the sleeve should be on the right shoulder instead of the left, and reversed so that the stars are "forward."

Sooo... I have a problem. When I choose the gasmask model as a player I cannot see my mask in third person. If I change into another playable gasmask character I see the mask on me but still the original gasmask unit assigned as player doesn't have one on.

What's up? :)

^... cos the character face you set in your profile overrides anything on the avatar's face. That is why you need to config your character into the userconfig in the ACE mod in order to get gasmask working.

^... cos the character face you set in your profile overrides anything on the avatar's face. That is why you need to config your character into the userconfig in the ACE mod in order to get gasmask working.

Οοοοοοhhhhh ok.

:)

I don't have the ACE mod so... thanks.

^... I stated ACE only as an example. It applies to the whole game. Your profile character setup overrides anything on the character's face designated as "Player". So, no matter which merc you choose, gasmask or balaclava, you won't see it ingame. You will only see your default face without those gears. The AI squad mate which you team switch to isn't affected because that squad mate wasn't designated as "Player", only "playable". Only the character designated as "Player" would be affected. see?

Im having trouble getting the ACE sight adjusment working with mercernaries and seals, us army units and divers from mercenaries are only ones working. So am i doing something wrong or what?

it seems that this addons is somehow conflicting with ACE and/or CBA

My best bet would be that some units arent recognized by ACE due the way their classes are defined (same with all the Bundeswehr units, IIRC). So they´re not "conflicting" with ACE, the system just doesn´t know what to do with them.

Yeah, go try to reload a savegame after restarting arma. See if ACE Features still work then

I'm making a mission using the black op mercs, doesnt give me any problem with ACE.

Are you sure all units work? Put seal team marksman for example, in editor and try using huntir or sight adjustment for sniper rifles?