Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

BlackOps and desert mercs

Same again, see top of the page. You have to use the setidentity command and read the readme for codes.

Daniel;1498658']Same again' date=' see top of the page. You have to use the setidentity command and read the readme for codes.[/quote']

oups ...ok thank you:yay:

Yep, baffled me for a bit too! I actually think some of the units look better without their scripted identities, such as the Woodland Rifleman. Turns out well in multiplayer.

oups ...ok thank you:yay:

Another option would be to select the mask that you want for your

player in the profile where you select your face and glasses...

I'm having problems with this updated version.

1. Using the Taliban units(haven't tried with other units) gives me screen lag, so much it's unplayable. First i thought it was my computer acting up so i changed driver, tweaked everyting setting i know but nothing helped. Finally i re-formatted my harddrive and re-installed windows just to find out it was just the same. Then i remembered updating this mod, so i replaced all taliban units with russians and the lag was gone!

2. There's still units running around without heads :p

I'm back to your old version which gave no problems :)

Yo Schnaps, I think it would be good to put in a Pakol hat (Afghan hat) as a glasses, type, that way you can give it to the desert operators like some USSF wear and the Afghan Taliban guys. Also, a blackwater style mercenary pilot based off the civilian pilot model wouldnt go amiss.

Just suggestions big fella.

Stagler Out

th_pakol_grey.jpg

I'm having problems with this updated version.

1. Using the Taliban units(haven't tried with other units) gives me screen lag, so much it's unplayable. First i thought it was my computer acting up so i changed driver, tweaked everyting setting i know but nothing helped. Finally i re-formatted my harddrive and re-installed windows just to find out it was just the same. Then i remembered updating this mod, so i replaced all taliban units with russians and the lag was gone!

Well the lag returned so it seems something else is creating it(maybe a CAA1 update, not sure yet), so sorry about that.

Well the lag returned so it seems something else is creating it(maybe a CAA1 update, not sure yet), so sorry about that.

You might be right with the CAA1 update, there were compatibility problems

before, I will try it out myself as soon as I'll find the time...

2. There's still units running around without heads :p

Which units exactly are running around with no heads?

Does it only happen with the taliban or other units, too?

Guess it's a problem with some of the distance LODs,

if I’d know which units have this problem, I could try to fix them...

Yo Schnaps, I think it would be good to put in a Pakol hat (Afghan hat) as a glasses, type, that way you can give it to the desert operators like some USSF wear and the Afghan Taliban guys. Also, a blackwater style mercenary pilot based off the civilian pilot model wouldnt go amiss.

Just suggestions big fella.

Stagler Out

Well, right now I don't have the time modelling new stuff, but if somebody

wants to donate a model of an Afghan hat I will add it to the next version :p

Awesome units!

Thanks!

Which units exactly are running around with no heads?

Does it only happen with the taliban or other units, too?

Guess it's a problem with some of the distance LODs,

if I’d know which units have this problem, I could try to fix them...

I haven't had much time to test but yesterday i tested some more with that screenlag issue and used taliban AA units, 56 of them to be exact and quite a lot of them had no heads :p

As soon as i get more time i'll test some more :)

Good job on your mod, liking it a lot :cool:

hi, is it possible to make the nbc soldiers have puffier sleeves and body in general? like in beginning of iraq war such as this?:

2001q.jpg

also, challenge of making?:

EOD1.jpg

2001.jpg

Schnapsdrosel there any chance, Can you move these

units to ARMA2? They have excellent S-10 masks [They look like SAS], which does not disappear after use of nightvision.

Or if in the future I will not have to choose the profile mask? Just assign them a permanent to unit?

Sorry for my english :)

IBlackOp.jpg

That picture gave me another idea, maybe a glasses type which is the night vision on the helmet pointed up like it is in that picture. So troops have their night vision stowed and when its night and they put it on it disappears like glasses do.

Wow, this looks like the addon request thread ;-)

But I see some good suggestions there,

though remodelling/texturing the vbs2 models

would take ages...

schnappy!!!!if you got the time give the priority to more necessary stuff!!!

e.g.:chechen rebels,italian G.I.S.(they are awesome balaclava units!!),colombian F.A.R.C.

I got many highly detailed pics and you can use the standard bis models as base.

hope you consider my noob ideas,hw every work you do is pro,eh.

I said that you do not use them. You can preview a can find something useful:) Anyway you can always ask the author for permission. I noticed that you have talent and i want to help you.

Sorry for my crapy english.

There is a actually pretty advanced east focussed pack in the making and if all goes well Schnapps will find time again for it soon so if possible i hope we get that one doen before much more mercs and western units will be planned.

I hope well get that pack done soon, too, since we already invested so much time making it...

And for the western units, this is whats next:

us winter specops

winterops.jpg

Very seeeexyyy (we need more winter maps, though):)

Any chance for some Air Force Pararescue Jumpers once you got the eastern units done? Laser made a great pack with these guys for OpF and it´d be totally awesome to have them back in Arma II.

Nice, cool jacket! Good to see more infantry modelling going on.

Reminds me of Modern Warfare 2 (I don't mean that as an insult!), sweet work Schnap.