Sign in to follow this  
sittinGood

Patch 1.03

Is it a goddamn joke? I don't care about any of the listed features.

The multiplayer should be the first and major direction of developing.

- Fix the receiving bug

- improve the server performance

- do something about joining players lagging the server or even crashing it

- release the linux server ffs.

you're right...the patch isn't released yet so I'm sure all the listed changes are final. :rolleyes:

modeZt and fansadox i am with you,i have never seen this lack of customer support before....i bought empire tw at day one and it was bugged like hell but at least CA gave us some daily updates about the incoming fixes and patches

Obviously you don't have Oblivion or Fallout 3...they break stuff with their patches and then only release patches that add stupid DLC content (which they released before fixing the main game).

Just last week people were bitching about BIS not saying anything about fixing stuff, then they DO let us know they're fixing things and people still cry.

Edited by No Use For A Name

no man...i got fallout 3 and i play it....it is affected by minor bugs....obviously you didnt understand that im talking about the black screen that makes impossible to play...im not "bitching" BIS,i respect the work of everyone,but they have to tell us if they understand the greatness of this bug because anyone with at least an half of a normal brain cares about the small ones if he has to deal with a black "receiving" screen everytime he tries to have fun..

Im sorry, but when you look at the Community Bugtracker how many bugs and HEAVY Designs Flaws are existing in the Game, then those few changes are not worth much in my eyes.... :rolleyes:

In this "Change Log" i can't see any of the real issues fixed, the most annoying CTD, Game being unplayble with certain well known combinations of Hardware, then all those massive AI Bugs and so on and so forth. All of the Above mentioned is in my humble opinion only some "secondary important stuff".

Are really all BIS Developers working on the Issues or is it only Suma and the rest is developing already the next expansion package or even already carrier command?

My preditions: 1/8 of the now reported ~400 Bugs are getting fixed within 2-3 years if it continues in this speed....

I only hope that we wont have to buy a official expansion package later on to get rid of some of the serious reported issues.

I see you seem to know for sure that the patch is final and nothing more is going to be fixed ever ever.

Is it a goddamn joke? I don't care about any of the listed features.

The multiplayer should be the first and major direction of developing.

- Fix the receiving bug

- improve the server performance

- do something about joining players lagging the server or even crashing it

- release the linux server ffs.

THE PATCH IS NOT FINAL.

You all asked for a WIP report and you got a WIP report. These the bugs that have been fixed without a doubt, as for the rest, they are still working on them and would rather say after they've been fixed.

If the whiners actually saw a full change list they'd whine because it's too much to read.

Patch 1.03.3768 Changelog:

* Fixed: Some issues.

* Fixed: Some bugs.

* Added: Not much but an option to enable and disable it.

* Multiplayer: Removed receiving message. This has been replaced with some random dots counting up.... sometimes down but have no relation to the game loading but we thought it would be nice to watch.

* Campaign: This has been revamped, it is now a single linear mission to walk to the end of the airfield without crashing, then you win, simple but you will get satisfaction once complete.

That made me laugh.:D

This is exactly what I expect and unfortunately you are most likely right.

It was to be expected that the usual suspects will immediately pick the list apart, even though it's neither complete nor final.

To quote Ben Croshaw: "Fans are clinging, complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The sooner you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices, the happier you'll be for it."

As for the hundreds of "bugs" reported on the bugtracker, bear in mind that not all of them are major individual bugs. After a quick check, it's apparent that over 50 issues are feature requests for Arma2 or tasks related to the tracker itself, 60+ issues are individual CTD, game freeze or BSOD reports, and there are tons of minor or cosmetic issues that can probably be fixed easily, like AI not reacting to car horns, horn sound not broadcasting in MP, F35 gear lights reversed, white textured glasses in player profile screen etc. etc. Not to forget that some of the issues on the bugtracker are no longer relevant, but no one has gotten round to closing them.

All in all the number of actual major bugs is lower than you think.

That makes it all the more depressing that they haven't addressed the blatantly obvious issues like the receiving bug.

Patch 1.03 will probably suffer further delays. I heard that the time machine BI used to jump 5 years into the future when shopping for a test rig has broken.

That makes it all the more depressing that they haven't addressed the blatantly obvious issues like the receiving bug.

They haven't? How do you know? All we have is a partial and thus incomplete list of stuff that's definitely fixed.

Where are the CTD fixes for people with highend machines?

Core I7 HT stability fix?

Vista64 / windows 7 64 fix?

Nvidia 200 series fix?

CTD fix?

Receiving in multiplayer fix?

Etc etc.....

I have a Core i7 Cpu and a Nvidia GeForce 285 GTX graphic card and i have only got one CTD while being in the editor else it has been stable as can be!

With the demo i crashed a few times though.

So i guess that also other things has to play a part of the CTD problems.

IMHO, CTD and "all seeing AI" issues need to be resolved first. As buyer of all OFP titles (even Gold) and ArmA + QG and ArmA2 Deutsch/Morphicon + 505English I have a serious deja-vu :)

Patch 1.03 or any other version - Its done when its done.

Guess that people would start moaning if BIS would present a 500MB Patch.

BIS cant please all people at the same time. Be patient and enjoy the great weather. :)

waiting....the solution

unplayable for me since 3 or 4 weeks ago. :(:(:(

next time, i will pay with a false money for a false game, so things i can be did with that money...

They haven't? How do you know? All we have is a partial and thus incomplete list of stuff that's definitely fixed.

You're the ultimate fanboy.If they had fixed the major bugs they'd have told us that.

This game is broken.Don't be so blind.

BIS cant please all people at the same time. Be patient and enjoy the great weather. :)

It is raining like sh**

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

You're the ultimate fanboy.If they had fixed the major bugs they'd have told us that.

Look at his ava: Mindless Fanboy :D

Me a mindless whiner. Perfect couple, I will marry MadDogX

It is raining like sh**

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Look at his ava: Mindless Fanboy :D

Me a mindless whiner. Perfect couple, I will marry MadDogX

Just saw that.Well at least he knows it.

So... why are you here again?

EDIT: Just to clarify, trolling won't get you anywhere with me. Fact is, we got a list of stuff that's fixed in the upcoming patch which was clearly labelled as incomplete and subject to change. It's unfortunate that some people don't have the attention span to read beyond the eight or nine lines that comprised the list, otherwise they wouldn't need to be reminded of it.

Edited by MadDogX

Are people like me that only want to play the game without crashing all the time whiners? Would you accept buying a product to find out that it doesnt work?

But this argument is played out to death, and that's not my point at all. "Whiners" IE: ripping a changelog apart making massive assumptions that it will never fix anything they are having issues with when its clear its not the final changelog and its still being worked on. Nothing to do with people having issues, that's a given.

do you think i am a 10 years old kid?i have bought an unplayable game and im here to have some kind of help,where should i go?there is not support anywhere,no phone number,nothing.Is it my right to ask BIS an extremely simple info or not?if they tell me "we know the trouble,we are going to fix it with patch"it s ok i could say "thanks",but what about if the next patch wont fix it or if simply they cant fix it at all?

Return the game for a refund and play something else? I mean, jesus there's not much option after that if you cant accept whats on the table.

Your never going to get BIS posting as so far Placebo posted that small unfinished change log (because people wanted a reply) and look whats already happened, ripped apart causing one thread to be locked. And this one is the same.

So really, would a BIS reply help? No it will just explode more whining threads to be locked. Also they are looking at these threads, bug reports, logs, stickies all the time so this is your lot ... if thats something you cant agree with then its game over.

(and dont blast me about not caring about people with issues, as thats just an easy option, I know the issues I can read them).

Edited by mrcash2009

So... why are you here again?

EDIT: Just to clarify, trolling won't get you anywhere with me. Fact is, we got a list of stuff that's fixed in the upcoming patch which was clearly labelled as incomplete and subject to change. It's unfortunate that some people don't have the attention span to read beyond the eight or nine lines that comprised the list, otherwise they wouldn't need to be reminded of it.

Fact is, that well known bugs aren't on that list.There is no reason for them to release an incomplete changelog if they knew they'd be addressing more issues.If some of these bugs were being fixed, make no mistake about it, that they would be on that list.

I really don't understand why this thread exists with 5 pages and keep growing.