Sign in to follow this  
sittinGood

Patch 1.03

FACT is ... you don't have any facts, Placebo has made clear that its not the final list ... that's the "fact". Anything else is just cynical posting and guesswork.

I would normally ignore all this, which is the best way, but Im getting a tad sick of the same groundhog day posts and things .. Im just venting and I will now stop :)

Fact is, that well known bugs aren't on that list.There is no reason for them to release an incomplete changelog if they knew they'd be addressing more issues.If some of these bugs were being fixed, make no mistake about it, that they would be on that list.

Whilst I agree that it's disappointing not to see any mention of the more drastic issues in that list, we should be aware that the list shows what's been fixed so far.

It's not a summary of all proposed fixes so we should give BIS the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

I really don't understand why this thread exists with 5 pages and keep growing.

Stop reading it.

The first game patches should contain fixes towards game stability like CTD, basic game functionality-bugs like VOIP not working and bugs that in any other way make the game unplayable for large amounts of players.

Everything else is secondary.

Thank you.

Edited by Superfast

Whilst I agree that it's disappointing not to see any mention of the more drastic issues in that list, we should be aware that the list shows what's been fixed so far.

It's not a summary of all proposed fixes so we should give BIS the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

That's what they're counting on.You're in denial.People are blindly hoping that this patch will solve everything.Any problem that's not fixed, people will just say, the list isn't complete.

Look at arma 1, we're on patch 1.16 (beta) and problems still exist.

Superfast's post above is spot on.

and the support of the multi gpu?

the bug of gameplay one will see later for the moment it is really necessary optimized the plays because its kills to me to turn has 25-30 fps with a gtx295 and a quad q9650 @4.2ghz.

and it leaves when patch a date please!!!!

sorry for my English I am French.

Edited by julienfr33

Arma 1 runs perfectly for me on patch 1.14, but then again, Arma 2 runs perfectly for me, so maybe I don't have the issue so many of you have.

As a side note :

E7300 @ 3.5Ghz

8800GT @ Stock

Asus P5K/EPU

500W psu (Server PSU)

4GB Gingle RAM

10X HD'S

Belkin F5D8633AU4A ROUTER

That's what they're counting on.You're in denial.People are blindly hoping that this patch will solve everything.Any problem that's not fixed, people will just say, the list isn't complete.

Look at arma 1, we're on patch 1.16 (beta) and problems still exist.

Superfast's post above is spot on.

I'm not in denial. 11 years of working as a software tester has actually acutely honed my expertise, when dealing with problems in software and expectations on what developers can deliver.

I also know precisely how software houses work when making fix lists public. On the one hand, you want everyone to know you're actively working to address the problems but on the other you don't want to over-promise and under-deliver. You cannot please everyone all of the time. As proven in this very thread.

In any case, you're speculating. It's guesswork. They've presented a incomplete list of Patch content. In effect, work in progress.

You and I have similar standpoints. Neither of us can say what will be fixed above and beyond what was listed, which makes anything else pure speculation.

I don't think for a second that the next Patch will solve 'everything'. I'm too old and too grizzled to believe that. But if it addresses part of the problems, just some of them then i'm happy. BIS have proven that they're dedicated to the game and for me, that's good enough. For now.

do you think i am a 10 years old kid?....
Yes i do.

Game works for me.

Anyways lets rant about stuff we have no idea about, bring it on! Lots of viral marketers in the forum still... and then the guys with real issues, but there are players like me who can play all day ... hmmm i know alot of them. WAY more than the ones with issues...well complete fail issues.

I must play the game differently than the losers who only complain in every post and dont even ask for help... But then there are the guys who asked for help, got it but it wasnt a fix for them.. so they lurk and posts rants in any thread they can hoping they can be heard....(pifft) Hello! they hear ya(Bis devs), but i wouldn't ever respond to any of it if i was the DEV, too may fakes get in and just BS there trollness so guys with real issues and gripes get lost in the "10yearold" rants from some viral marketing firm paid buy the competition...

I can only hope in 1.03 they have the new feature: "STFU your system is lame ,get a job buy better kit." You can toggle it on and off ! :P

Anyways off to play for HOURS of fun ARMA2 at nice frames. bye!

Are people like me that only want to play the game without crashing all the time whiners? Would you accept buying a product to find out that it doesnt work?

Had i read the forum before i bought it i would never have spent a single coin on this product for sure.

Silly me for expecting a released product to be a finnished and working one. :rolleyes:

No dowbt the game has some flaws but i know BIS will eventually fix them when they know how if not already done so and it will become an amazing game! Well its already an amazing game with a few hicups only \o/

Yes i do.

Game works for me.

Anyways lets rant about stuff we have no idea about, bring it on! Lots of viral marketers in the forum still... and then the guys with real issues, but there are players like me who can play all day ... hmmm i know alot of them. WAY more than the ones with issues...well complete fail issues.

I must play the game differently than the losers who only complain in every post and dont even ask for help... But then there are the guys who asked for help, got it but it wasnt a fix for them.. so they lurk and posts rants in any thread they can hoping they can be heard....(pifft) Hello! they hear ya(Bis devs), but i wouldn't ever respond to any of it if i was the DEV, too may fakes get in and just BS there trollness so guys with real issues and gripes get lost in the "10yearold" rants from some viral marketing firm paid buy the competition...

I can only hope in 1.03 they have the new feature: "STFU your system is lame ,get a job buy better kit." You can toggle it on and off ! :P

to you and everyone else who plays this game perfectly, stay the hell out of these threads... YOU are the ones doing the trolling. Unless you have something constructive to say rather than virtual willywaving, do one!

I have a mortgage to pay, a family to feed and another kid on the way so I can't just ask mommy for more pocket money for a GTX295 and 8gigs of ram

I more than meet the minimum requirements for this game

I almost meet the "Optimal" requirements, just fall short on CPU.

athlon 64x2 4400 - mines a athlon 64 X2 3600+ running at 2.25 so yeah I fall short there.

RAM 2GB - CHECK

8800GT - CHECK

Windows xp - CHECK

Optimal - my arse :)

Edited by wooly-back-jack
add x2 to my processor in post

to you and everyone else who plays this game perfectly, stay the hell out of these threads... YOU are the ones doing the trolling. Unless you have something constructive to say rather than virtual willywaving, do one!

I have a mortgage to pay, a family to feed and another kid on the way so I can't just ask mommy for more pocket money for a GTX295 and 8gigs of ram

I more than meet the minimum requirements for this game

I almost meet the "Optimal" requirements, just fall short on CPU.

athlon 64x2 4400 - mines a 3600+ running at 2.25 so yeah I fall short there.

RAM 2GB - CHECK

8800GT - CHECK

Windows xp - CHECK

Optimal - my arse :)

With the CPU being a major limiting factor. PCs are only as good as their weakest component.

I know upgrading costs money and I sympathize but many of the problems on these forums are people who actively refuse to accept the fact that almost 3 year old hardware is not necessarily going to play the latest and greatest well (if at all).

I can agree that the box specs are "optimistic" at best, I would even go as far as deceptive.

The truth of PC gaming is that you need to upgrade every 2 years at a minimum to be able to play games at what the industry defines as an "acceptable" level.

It's not "willy waving", it's just the way it is and it's expensive but it's like any other hobby. You don't show up to a street race on a bicycle when everyone else has a Skyline do you?

Finally, yes, some games will run fine on your rig while A2 won't but this doesn't change the fact that your hardware is fairly old and as time passes you will find that A2 will not be the only thing it struggles with.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

well if they had a "real" spec on the box, they wouldn't sell so many copies would they :p

so yes, I agree...it's deception.

do you think i am a 10 years old kid?i have bought an unplayable game and im here to have some kind of help,where should i go?there is not support anywhere,no phone number,nothing.Is it my right to ask BIS an extremely simple info or not?if they tell me "we know the trouble,we are going to fix it with patch"it s ok i could say "thanks",but what about if the next patch wont fix it or if simply they cant fix it at all?

Of course he does! If you haven't noticed yet the ArmA community is full of elitist people with superiority complex it was always like this and will remain like this forever.

I've noticed that that it's full of whining little whimps with the patience of your average tweaked-up goldfish, too. Things tend to go wrong when you mix those two groups I suppose. :D

But hey, bloody good news on the patch, looking forward to it. As are all the elitists and the whiners, I'm sure.

Edited by Hund

The truth of PC gaming is that you need to upgrade every 2 years at a minimum to be able to play games at what the industry defines as an "acceptable" level.

Eth

actually Eth

i7 975

Asus P6T6 Revo

12 Gigs Mushkin 12800 DDR3

2 x Intel X-25 160 GB SSD

2 x WD 1 TB "Black"

Plextor PX-B310SA

3 x GTX 280

NEC 2690WUXi Monitor

Auzentech Forte,

Razer Mako speakers

X-52 Pro

Track IR 5

Windows XP 64, Windows 7 64 (7600)

see you in 2 years and I'll buy that rig at knockdown price from you lol :p

actually Eth

see you in 2 years and I'll buy that rig at knockdown price from you lol :p

LoL

Eth

Well, here's the frustration again. Some have this running (me with not at all a top of the line comp) and some not. I'm sure it's as frustrating for BIS as it is for you. Tracking down the quirky cause of something crashing on one machine and not the other identical, or just not responding as expected.

Hopefully some of the issues that are fixed are what is contributing to peoples CTD's, buffers filling up, memory running out, services timing out. Here's hoping. Typically though, BIS makes each patch a mix of optimizations, added features, and bug squashings, some of which are not listed because they seem to be a side effect of something else.

(tragic part is that Grid and a few other games are suffering from this issue as well. I7 and NV295... loading, loading and crash.. hells look at the google list of all crashes in games, it's crazy)

Edited by Scrub

Yes i do.

Game works for me.

im here cuz i love arma 2,i posted my issue in his pertinant thread.btw i can play single player without any trouble at good fps like you..and,as new for you,i made my clan get this game hoping they fix it

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Return the game for a refund and play something else? I mean, jesus there's not much option after that if you cant accept whats on the table.

not nice from you and totally unacceptable.i love arma 2 and it is my right to play it because my rig is above the reccommended requirements

July 17th is now drawing to a close.

It's not that I have a show-stopping problem with ArmA 2, which I do (and absolutely zero issue with ArmA 1 in any form). I know BIS is good for it, they'll support the game they've made in spades and eventually my ArmA 2 should run as good as my ArmA 1.

It's that it's July 17th. That means almost a month has passed since I downloaded my version of ArmA 2 and have had to live with this problem. It's almost 2 months since the game itself was released. I will more then likely buy ArmA 3 when ever it comes out... only I won't be buying it on Day 1... I will more then likely wait 4-6 months for BIS to get the game working so I can play it before paying for it.

That concerns me, right now is July 17th and that means there are lots of North American players buying this game off store shelves, going home, installing the game and encountering a large amount of trouble right out of the box!. The more savvy of them are searching these forums (and others) looking for and having their first impressions affirmed without any solution or promissory note of hope that they didn't just spend $50 on a broken game they can't play. There isn't, so far, any clear indication of how long they should have to wait either...

Me? I know the fix is in the works... I've been around long enough to know how things work around here. Them? They're drawing conclusions and making presumptions about this game right now and shelving the game, going back to whatever games they came from... or waiting for (like Dragon Rising).

That's my greatest let down so far with all of this waiting the past 30 days... hoping BIS placed some priority on the importance of July 17th for us North American players establishing a thriving and healthy community right out of the gate. Not showing up on opening day with the community already on a ventilator for the last 60 days and no word from BIS on when they even intend on plugging in the defibrillator for us. I was praying BIS would have something ready... anything at all, for July 17th that at least says Hey! yes your game is broken! But all is not lost! Look, a patch is just around the corner... please don't go anywhere!

The ArmA 1 community sucked because of a slow start in getting the game up and running without troubles and combined with the natural nuances of ArmA gameplay, it turned players off to the game and they left it on a shelf. The community never energized itself and took off. People "talked" about how good and fun ArmA 1 is, but they were never exactly packing the server list and flooding the community with games were they?

I remember the reputation ArmA 1 had with NA gamers... I didn't jump into the game early on because of it. It wasn't until much later that I just happen to cross it after 14 patches were applied to it before I discovered... hey! its a fun game! Too late though... there was no buzz for the game anymore... no one but the diehards knew anything about the game or it's potential.

Now I can see it happening all over again with ArmA 2 and it makes me grit my teeth and shake clenched fists at the sky cursing gaming gods everywhere for it... the same circle of missed opportunities is making another revolution. OR please reassure me I'm wrong! (PLEASE).

"Public Relations"... "Word of Mouth"... its important! We North American gamers are a fickle breed! We are not like European Gamers who are content with pretending their game works and it is everything they need it to be! (until it actually is). We North Americans will build bandwagons out of our issues and first impressions and ride them through the streets of gamerdom like it's a crusade and continue doing so long after our issues have become moot! We champion the hobby of not playing games that fall short of our lofty expectations like its a sport more then the game itself is.

Please come out of your fortress of solitude and address your would-be masses of stalwart supporters (before we resort to chasing your monster up a windmill and then burning said windmill to the ground!)

Edited by Spamurai

not nice from you and totally unacceptable.i love arma 2 and it is my right to play it because my rig is above the reccommended requirements

Yes but you quoted me out of context, just before that post and the paragraph after it is the important part, so thanks on picking the selective parts.

Edited by mrcash2009

@Spamurai

Who do you think you are ? North America this, North America that.... you U.S. guys are the lucky ones ! You got a demo and enough time to take a look in this board prior to spend any money for this unfinished software. We, especially in Germany bought the pig in a poke ! We had some shiny screenshots, promises and lots of optimism that BIS can't be so nuts to make the same mistake twice.

Well..........