Sign in to follow this  

Sorry, i was late yesterday. Had no time...

Thanks for that info Myke. Thats really usefull. I will try to do it that way.

That stuff is pretty new for me. I have no experience in editing models. I just know how to use photoshop... :D

So please be patience. I'll create that textures for you guys. :)

@Rubberkite

Would be nice if you can do this. Let me just finish some more textures.

Edited by sxp2high

You may look at the F-16 Addon i've released. There you can see how different textures are set up easily.

here a short "How-to":

In you .p3d, create a new named selection for each part that should be retexturable. Usually this would be the whole outer hull. Easy way to do: In O2, open the resource library window, browse to the textures of current LOD, right click on the hull texture and choose "select in Object". Now all polygons which are covered with given texture are selected, create directly a named selection. Give it a meaningful name (BIS mostly used "camoX" where X is a number).

Do this for all LOD which are textured, usually the Resolution LOD's and the different View (Pilot, Crew) LOD's.

In the model.cfg, you have to add those named selections to the sections part of your cfgModels class.

And finally, in the config.cpp, you'll need those entries (example taken from F-16 config):

hiddenSelections[] = {
		"camo1",
		"camo2",
		"tailmark"
	};
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {
		"\glt_f16\tex\skin_co.paa",
		"\glt_f16\tex\wep_co.paa",
		"\glt_f16\tails\tail_grey.paa"
	};

So you create one complete config for your basic CH47. For the retex variant you can inherit them from this base and the only thing you have to change is the hiddenSelectionsTextures part. Look at this example from a F-16 retex variant:

class GLT_Falcon_Black : GLT_Falcon_MR {
	faction = "USAF_BLACK";
	displayName = "$STR_COL_BLACK_MR";
		"\glt_f16\BLACK_F16\skin_co.paa",
		"\glt_f16\BLACK_F16\wep_co.paa",
		"\glt_f16\tails\tail_blk.paa"
	};
};

The GLT_Falcon_MR is the baseclass there with about >500 lines of config code. This upfollowing retex variant is done with only these few lines.

You may look at the F-16 Addon i've released. There you can see how different textures are set up easily.

here a short "How-to":

In you .p3d, create a new named selection for each part that should be retexturable. Usually this would be the whole outer hull. Easy way to do: In O2, open the resource library window, browse to the textures of current LOD, right click on the hull texture and choose "select in Object". Now all polygons which are covered with given texture are selected, create directly a named selection. Give it a meaningful name (BIS mostly used "camoX" where X is a number).

Do this for all LOD which are textured, usually the Resolution LOD's and the different View (Pilot, Crew) LOD's.

In the model.cfg, you have to add those named selections to the sections part of your cfgModels class.

And finally, in the config.cpp, you'll need those entries (example taken from F-16 config):

hiddenSelections[] = {
		"camo1",
		"camo2",
		"tailmark"
	};
		"\glt_f16\tex\skin_co.paa",
		"\glt_f16\tex\wep_co.paa",
		"\glt_f16\tails\tail_grey.paa"
	};

So you create one complete config for your basic CH47. For the retex variant you can inherit them from this base and the only thing you have to change is the hiddenSelectionsTextures part. Look at this example from a F-16 retex variant:

class GLT_Falcon_Black : GLT_Falcon_MR {
	faction = "USAF_BLACK";
	displayName = "$STR_COL_BLACK_MR";
		"\glt_f16\BLACK_F16\skin_co.paa",
		"\glt_f16\BLACK_F16\wep_co.paa",
		"\glt_f16\tails\tail_blk.paa"
	};
};

The GLT_Falcon_MR is the baseclass there with about >500 lines of config code. This upfollowing retex variant is done with only these few lines.

Hi Myke your F16 Rocks !

I plan in future to make an Italian Texture variant :)

Thank you I really like to fly I hope you'll use a system like ACE to bind Afterburner to capslock key

And I read and agree with you about a standard weapon system like IAWS, I think that some more standard can really help the arma addons development

I have a big idea and we can talk about it in the future...

I have a question, put the Chinook Multplayer to rotate and when the units boarded and the pilot took off happened that the units were not in the gunners were thrown out, does anyone know how to solve this?

I have a question, put the Chinook Multplayer to rotate and when the units boarded and the pilot took off happened that the units were not in the gunners were thrown out, does anyone know how to solve this?

Yes there doesn't seem to be any cargo slots in the back for passengers, does everyone else have the same problem?

you need to stand about 10 foot behind it and then theres an option to get in cargo.

Yeah, need to be fixed... I'm suprised You guys didn't pushed the authors enough ;p

sxp2high, can You set new topic for Your Chinook version? And what's the progress, btw?

if I understand well sxp2high is working on texture variant not in a new CH47 Model...

about two months and Arrowhead will be avaiable with a Ch47 from BIS, if the quality is like the Ah64, there are not reason to develop new Ch47 now.

I hope that the texture work can be applied in the new bis model so we can get the really good sxp2high texture with a totally new model.

there are news sxp2high? do you want to try to release togheter a texture pack all in one ?

Hi guys,

A new version of the Chinook is close to finish. Norrin has been working on cargo lift features, and its all working in MP too.

All the issues have been fixed, and it should also be ACE compatible with fast-ropeing.

Wont be long now chaps, and expect to see some new liveries for other operational forces via hidden selections. Chances are this will be the last and final update of the Chinook, considering Arrowhead has one.

Hi guys,

A new version of the Chinook is close to finish. Norrin has been working on cargo lift features, and its all working in MP too.

All the issues have been fixed, and it should also be ACE compatible with fast-ropeing.

Wont be long now chaps, and expect to see some new liveries for other operational forces via hidden selections. Chances are this will be the last and final update of the Chinook, considering Arrowhead has one.

Can we have Some Pictures? :bounce3:

Hi guys,

excellent news, this'll be very useful.

Hi guys,

Good news!

I hope that some rpt problem will be fixed in the next release, I'm happy if norrin work in a fast rope script, also RAVEN release today a really nice one but I have to test it before "review".

I know that is a dream but, I really hope that in future addon maker can cooperate togheter and release some standard so they don't split work on the same project instead of cooperating in one project, like lift cargo mando missile and everything that add something to the game that can be used as standard.

@jibemorel

I think that Arrowhead will be released (about) on march 2010 but I can mistake.

Thanks Nick. Totally stoked at seeing this news, even if the OA version is coming soon. I have always loved the Chinook but even more so now that our Canadian forces are using them in the Afghan theatre.

Cheers mate!

how can I get the AI to lower the ramp?

Havnt tryed this myself, so it may not work, but you could name the AI "AI1" for example, and on a waypoint where you want the AI to open it, just put

"AI1 animate[""Ani_Ramp"",1]";

I downloaded RAF chinook and no problems to get addon work BUT...

I open ramp and drive ATV inside (woohoo it fit there perfect), after that scroll mouse and go pilot. When chopper goes up I noticed ATV wasnt anymore cargo. So just looking where it is... it was top of carrier same place where I drive it.

Can someone tell me "Can you transport motorcycle, atv or something with chinook?"

Edit: "Norrin has been working on cargo lift features, and its all working in MP too" you mean cargo also ATV?

I downloaded RAF chinook and no problems to get addon work BUT...

I open ramp and drive ATV inside (woohoo it fit there perfect), after that scroll mouse and go pilot. When chopper goes up I noticed ATV wasnt anymore cargo. So just looking where it is... it was top of carrier same place where I drive it.

Can someone tell me "Can you transport motorcycle, atv or something with chinook?"

Edit: "Norrin has been working on cargo lift features, and its all working in MP too" you mean cargo also ATV?

the "bug" was caused by ArmA2's engine, it doesnt support full physics, so when you load ATV on board, and try to ly with it in cargo, the ATV kinda wants to stay where you drove it, and not move with the chinook. :(

Works great but one criticism.

The sound of the engines needs turning up a little. At distance it's fine but up close it should be a lot louder.

Just my 2c

Update report

Chinook has had quite a vast improvement since the early release. Just to go over whets been happening up until now, and what you can expect soon.

• New super shaders applied

• Corrected the glass, so it looks like glass

• A huge host of cargo options thanks to Norrin, including vehicle transport inside and under slung.

• Fastropeing, with the feature of having to "get out" and walk to the edge of the ramp during flight

• Zodiac insertion and extractions in real time

• Various new liveries, USA, Canada UK, and "dusty versions for afghan simulation"

• New damage model

• Possibly a new cockpit, depending on time

• New sounds, making the most of the sound engine

• Everything working in MP and ACE compatible.

• Two new crew positions with new animations for loader and backcrew to aid the pilot in MP and also act as improved visual for SP and AI

Theres only a few things left, wont be long

Edited by Smiley Nick