Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

CBA: Community Base Addons public release!

Six I ran through the installer and the log said it did not update because it didnt see my CBA folder as a repository?

[DEBUG] six-updater 08:11:48: Path: c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2/@CBA

[iNFO] six-updater 08:11:48: WARNING: Folder already exists but does not seem to be a repository. Not installing

why is that

I also tried, but the last link is dead. :(

(It's the link to six-updater.yml)

odd it works with 1.04 for me? i use the yoma, hasn't been a update since sept3rd? ,well after 1.04.:confused:

So whats the deal with this now ... how much of XEH has issues if at all in 1.04?

Is there an update that isnt a quick jump through hoops way?

So whats the deal with this now ... how much of XEH has issues if at all in 1.04?

Yeah I'm curious about this as well. I had no idea there was problems with v1.04 until I read it in another thread a few minutes ago. I haven't noticed anything and I use pretty much everything that needs XEH to date. Could be just my eyes though. ;)

I hope that someone who has been able to actually install the latest version can zip it up and post it.

Here's a version I downloaded back when Sickboy posted about the temporary 1.04 update:

Deleted now since new CBA is out down on this same page.

edit: It's missing the .bikey though, which I deleted (didn't really need it back then), sorry about that.

Edited by Cole

There are no known issues with the Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) component of CBA 0.1.3, but one of the other CBA parts needs a bit of fixing to accommodate changes made in ArmA II 1.04.

We're working on a more official hotfix release Real Soon Now. Stay tuned. :)

There are no known issues with the Extended Eventhandlers (XEH) component of CBA 0.1.3, but one of the other CBA parts needs a bit of fixing to accommodate changes made in ArmA II 1.04.

We're working on a more official hotfix release Real Soon Now. Stay tuned. :)

Thanks Killswitch nice to see a response on this. Much appreciated!

CBA v0.2.0 Released!

Key Changes

• ADDED: Vectors library, by Vigilante
  • ADDED: Mission and campaign configFile extended event handlers
  • FIXED: Incompatibilities with ArmA 2 v1.04 Patch
  • IMPROVED: Future compatibility with ArmA 2 patches

Full documentation is available at DevHeaven.

Download

The addons, manual, functions reference and complete sources are included in the release.

FINALLY!!!

This is awesome, now a lot of mods will work again. :)

Thank you.

The voice addons (Rug_dsai.pbo) doesn't seem to work anymore with CBA. :confused:

Any idea?

The reason it doesn't work is that that addon is not (yet) made to use the extended event handlers system. Therefore, CBA and RUG_DSAI are incompatible with eachother. The following config.cpp for the "RUG_DSAI.pbo" will make it CBA compatible, though: post Edited by Killswitch
Link to forum post with a CBA-compatible config.cpp

The reason it doesn't work is that that addon is not (yet) made to use the extended event handlers system. Therefore, CBA and RUG_DSAI are incompatible with eachother. The following config.cpp for the "RUG_DSAI.pbo" will make it CBA compatible, though: post

Thanks

Hey guy's,

just something i noticed.

In my Config.cpp i use:

class CfgVehicles
{
class HouseBase;

class House : HouseBase
{
	class EventHandlers
	{
		hit = " _this call (GL4_EH_Hit_F select 0) ";
	};
};

class Land_Fire : House
{
	class EventHandlers
	{
		init = " _this execVM ""\GL4_Burning_FX\GL4_Camp_FX\GL4_Camp_FX.sqf"" ";
	};
};

class Land_Fire_burning : Land_Fire
{
	class EventHandlers
	{
		init = " (_this select 0) inflame True; _this execVM ""\GL4_Burning_FX\GL4_Camp_FX\GL4_Camp_FX.sqf"" ";
	};
};

class Land_Campfire : Land_Fire
{
	class EventHandlers
	{
		init = " (_this select 0) inflame True; _this execVM ""\GL4_Burning_FX\GL4_Camp_FX\GL4_Camp_FX.sqf"" ";
	};
};
};

The default ArmA 2 Init EH of the classes: House and Land_Fire are working with C.B.A. but the default ArmA 2 Init EH of the class Land_Fire_burning is not working with C.B.A.

Is there any specific reason for this or is it a bug?

By removing C.B.A. the Init EH of the class Land_Fire_burning works.

The default ArmA 2 Init EH of the classes: House and Land_Fire are working with C.B.A. but the default ArmA 2 Init EH of the class Land_Fire_burning is not working with C.B.A.

Is there any specific reason for this or is it a bug?

By removing C.B.A. the Init EH of the class Land_Fire_burning works.

In stock ArmA 2 (up to and including 1.05), there are no event handlers for the two classes House and Land_Fire. Furthermore, I've just tested with CBA v0.2.0 and the slightly newer one delivered in the ACE2 beta program and in both cases that which the default ArmA 2 init event handler does for Land_Fire_burning is being done - the fireplace is burning, showing that the default ArmA 2 init EH behaviour for Land_Fire_burning is intact.

Did you mean to say that your variant of the Land_Fire_burning init EH as per the config.cpp in above doesn't work when CBA is loaded? Yes, that won't work. You'll need something like

class Extended_Init_Eventhandlers
{
   class Land_fire_burning
   {
       XYZ_GL4_init="_this execVM ""\GL4_Burning_FX\GL4_Camp_FX\GL4_Camp_FX.sqf""";
   };
};

Change "XYZ" to your registered OFPEC tag.

(The extended event handlers system has made the default BIS init EH for that object CBA-compatible so that you can add more event handlers to the fire object if you need to)

• Don't worry about the default ArmA II event handlers - CBA retains them.
  • Add your own init EH:s in a Extended_Init_EventHandlers class like example above.
  • Once all the GL4 init EH:s are "ported" to extended event handlers, you won't need the CfgVehicles section at all.

Good luck!

Edited by Killswitch
Add XEH init example

Is CBA that is being distributed thru sixupdater the latest one and should be used by mods? Asking because latest version of CBA is not listed in the files section of CBA project space @ dev-heaven.