Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Werd, love the missions.

Anyway, just looking for a bit of advice, our server seems to get a bit weird and laggy after 3-4 days running T10 AI West (modified a bit), which manifests itself in scripts (I think) doing stuff out of order;

We (2 of us) just managed to clear a town before the server loaded the radio tower, arty spotters and secondary primary mission.

Anyone else seen anything like this? I'm wondering if possibly it wants more resources server side, or if it's just a quirk/bug elsewhere.

Cheers

Edited by Berk

In order to get Tajin's c130 cargo script working here's what I did...

1) Downloaded the 2part cargo script [ http://tajin.evilhosting.de/arma/cargoscript.zip ] and placed the two .pbo's (c130cargo.sqf & cargoscript.sqf) in the main mission folder (not in any subfolders)

2) Placed an empty c130 on the airfield

3) At the bottom of the i_client2.sqf I added the vehicle action menu to the c130 which looks like this

d_action_menus_vehicle = [
	[["C130J"],"Activate Cargo System","c130cargo.sqf",-1000]
];

Once this is done, if you hop in the c130 as pilot you can activate the cargo system via the action menu, then the load cargo option becomes available in the action menu and that's it :-)

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Another thing I'm having trouble with....I wanted to add more heavy air support over main targets and I can't seem to get this to work correctly. I'm using the latest Ranked version btw....

in the i_server.sqf I changed some variables for respawn times and # of air vehicles to look like this...

d_number_attack_planes = 2;

d_number_attack_choppers = 2;

#ifndef __ACE__
d_airki_respawntime = 300;
#endif

Yet this seems to have very little if no effect, I played the mission on a dedi server for over 6 hours and I didn't see a single plane :confused:

Is there a different file for the ranked version that addresses this issue because i'm having a hell of a time finding it.

Thanks, T

Help please what iam doin wrong iam playing xeno map on me own got pdo tool managed to load xeno map in editer and added a attack chopper/harrier at start give my self abit more of a chance i then save it export it to single/mulitplayer missions then log out that leaves me with a mission.sqm in my documents/arma2 profile.

I then copy paste all xeno files into my version ive just made all except his mission.sqm and then create a pdo then place that in arma 2 missions folder with rest of missions ive down loaded from you all and restart game but its not there:( every thing else is there apart from my modded version :confused: help please be great if i could get this working speed things up and give myself bit more of fighting chance:rolleyes:

Am having a problem adding the Mi-28 new mod to the Domination east AI, dunno what am doing wrong this exactly what am doing ,

In editor am adding the Mi-28 with this init :

handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn.sqf"

I press preview in editor everything working fine i save, copy to mp missions , i start server and opps scripts aint running, no mission no nothing. What am doing wrong?

Realy sorry for my bad english am trying my best.

I'm having problems with the idle chopper respawn. I've shortened the times and even tried changing it to true instead of false but still, no go. Here's what I have so far:

// [ch4,"HR4",false,1500] means, chopper 4 (wreck chopper) will respawn if no one entered the chopper during 1500 seconds since last check

[[ch1,"HR1",false,300],[ch2,"HR2",false,300],[ch3,"HR3",false,300],[ch4,"HR4",false,300],[ch5,"HR5",false,300],[ch6,"HR6",false,300]] execVM "x_scripts\x_helirespawn2.sqf";

What I'm trying to do is get it to respawn after a certain amount of time of being idle. Does it only work for the wreck chopper?

Edited by Blade89

Am having a problem adding the Mi-28 new mod to the Domination east AI, dunno what am doing wrong this exactly what am doing ,

I press preview in editor everything working fine i save, copy to mp missions , i start server and opps scripts aint running, no mission no nothing. What am doing wrong?

thats what iam stuck on now i managed to find my edited mission but all ive got is me the helis/jets/mhqs etc at the start no mission to play i tried copying all xeno files into my new mission and pdo it but still cant figure it out:(

thats what iam stuck on now i managed to find my edited mission but all ive got is me the helis/jets/mhqs etc at the start no mission to play i tried copying all xeno files into my new mission and pdo it but still cant figure it out:(

ya we need some uber editor dude to help us :).

is there a way to play AI, ranked and revive modes all together?

the only thing you do when you open up the mission in the editor is change the mission.sqm file. Once you have edited it to your liking, you need to make sure that all the other files from domination are there as well before you can PBO it. What I do is just un-pbo domination, copy EVERYTHING to where I can edit it in the game, once I finish editing it, I then copy EVERYTHING back to my dominaiton directory and repbo it. Should be good to go then.

the only thing you do when you open up the mission in the editor is change the mission.sqm file. Once you have edited it to your liking, you need to make sure that all the other files from domination are there as well before you can PBO it. What I do is just un-pbo domination, copy EVERYTHING to where I can edit it in the game, once I finish editing it, I then copy EVERYTHING back to my dominaiton directory and repbo it. Should be good to go then.

When i edited in editor and finish then save where? If i save in user mission than it creats a sqm file , what should i do save where after i edit?

:yay::yay::yay:

Ok fridai i figured it out go to the mission you want to edit unpdo it copy contents of folder to my documents arma2 profile missions load up arma editer edit mission save in my missions.

Go back to my documents arma 2 profile missions and there should be new mission.sqm there copy everything in the origianal mission folder to your new mission.sqm all except the old mission.sqm.

Now copy the contents of your new folder to main arma 2 directory mp missions then pdo it and you can play your version on lan:bounce3: hope this helps ive been trying figure out how to do this for weeks but just kept getting the run around in all the differant forums:eek:

And thanks ripper thats sorta the clearest anser i got

Edited by muttly

I have been editing this mission and it is awesome. Is there a way to make pilots the only player able to fly? If so how do I do that?

Is there a way to make pilots the only player able to fly? If so how do I do that?

in i_client.sqf search for

d_only_pilots_can_fly = [];

and add the classnames of who you wish to be able to fly. example

d_only_pilots_can_fly = ["RU_Commander"];

This will only allow that unit to fly.

regards./

Thanks mum will give it a try. Oh, and how about if I want three players able to fly how do I do that? They have different names :)

if I want three players able to fly how do I do that?

you just need to separate the required class names with a comma, for example, to get Russian commander, pilots and crew to fly only.

d_only_pilots_can_fly = ["RU_Commander","RU_Soldier_Pilot","RU_Soldier_Crew"];

This is taken from the file i_common.sqf itself.. *note that the class names in the following text are for arma1

// if the array is empty, anybody can fly,
// just add the type of players that can fly if you want to restrict to certain types
// for example: d_only_pilots_can_fly = ["SoldierWPilot","SoldierWMiner"];
// this includes bonus aircrafts too

hope this helps :)

regards./

Thanks a bunch mum. Will try it. Is this right d_only_pilots_can_fly = ["USMC_Pilot","USMC_Engineer","USMC_Squad Leader"];

I tried the ^^ and now all I get is only pilots can fly . Lol I went back and change it back to original. and it still tell me only pilots can fly.

Edited by pigglywiggly
mistaken

Thanks a bunch mum. Will try it. Is this right d_only_pilots_can_fly = ["USMC_Pilot","USMC_Engineer","USMC_Squad Leader"];

I tried the ^^ and now all I get is only pilots can fly . Lol I went back and change it back to original. and it still tell me only pilots can fly.

That would do it :p

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

By the way is there any reason why I would only see the missile warning in the editor?

warningfvm.jpg

Xeno,

Just one simple request. Please change the MLRS ammo type so its usable in the next version. I desperately want to play around with this on a Domi map with my buddies. I can only fathom the destruction it can wreak.

Thanks!

Also: is there anything in the mission that would prevent USMC units from spawning using a module and not other factions such as CDF and RU?

I have a problem with the mission, when I update to 1.03 patch then I playing on my own dedicated server the current tesk will be overlay in everytime when you respawn. Could anyones tell me how to solution this problem? Thanks!

arma22009-08-0714-27-45-73.jpg

Edited by MonsterXXX

I have a problem with the mission, when I update to 1.03 patch then I playing on my own dedicated server the current tesk will be overlay in everytime when you respawn. Could anyones tell me how to solution this problem?

You can only change it when you edit one of the scripts in the mission.

1.03 fixed the vanishing tasks bug, but til 1.02 the mission maker had to take care that the tasks show up again after respawn by creating them again. What now happens is that they get added a second time after respawn.

Will be fixed (is allready fixed ;)) in the final release.

Also: is there anything in the mission that would prevent USMC units from spawning using a module and not other factions such as CDF and RU?

Sorry, I don't understand that question. What do you mean with "spawning using a module" ?

Just one simple request. Please change the MLRS ammo type so its usable in the next version. I desperately want to play around with this on a Domi map with my buddies. I can only fathom the destruction it can wreak.

That's something that only BI or an external addon can change, nothing I can do (if I understood what you mean, or are you talking about the artillery module ?).

By the way is there any reason why I would only see the missile warning in the editor?

Haven't looked at it in A2 yet, might be broken or better, a locality issue.

Xeno

Will be fixed (is allready fixed ;)) in the final release.

Excellent news. ARMA without Domination is like a car without petrol.

You can only change it when you edit one of the scripts in the mission.

Which section and scripts I have to reedit in the mission?:confused: