Sign in to follow this  
charliereddog

Who's going to resist buying on the 19th?

as i am a mission builder or try to be one i brought the german version.and i got to say it very very good .and i only got a medium spec pc and i run it no problum ,yes they is a few bugs but it is 10 times better then arma1 .so i am sold

I'm going to have to resist the temptation for now, since my current graphics card is too old for ArmA 2 to work with it. The rest of my computer setup is also out of date, so I'll have to get a totally new system before buying ArmA 2.

Of course I could buy the game on June 19th (I'm living in Northern Europe) and let it rest on a shelf for a couple of weeks, but that'd probably drive me nuts! :)

im still doubting about buying the German version of the game , i've preordered at cd-wow , but it can take a week or more to get the game actually .

What shall i do :rolleyes:

I refuse to buy the game, before I've tried the demo. Unless the demo isn't released before friday, where I'll be buying the game.

I pre-ordered from cdwow, it ships out after the 19th and set to arrive 7-10 days later

I guess my answer to the OP is, No. I cant resist. :cc:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Pre-ordered and will be delivered Thursday :)

Ive seen enough youtube videos using system specs like mine (dual not quad core) to know that the way I play Arma (mainly infantry and small spec ops) is just right for what I need. If the demo was sooner then I would wait but the game will be on the doorstep a few days before the demo lands anyway.

Also im happy with BIS support so I don't see it as a waste but a long term investment. Mods are already coming and maps are looking to work in arma2 so I have no reason to hold off. Arma1 I haven't really played for a few months and im looking for something to freshen things up. Plus the fact I really like Forrest areas and the environment its set in matches what i really wanted to see made in an Arma1 map, Shmalfelden was the closest.

Edited by mrcash2009

A shiny new copy of the game awaits me on the 19th. Me and BIS go way back, right from the OFP demo. I've adored everything they've released and had no hesitation in placing the order.

I refuse to buy the game, before I've tried the demo. Unless the demo isn't released before friday, where I'll be buying the game.

:D funny

Pre-ordered yonks ago.....wouldn't matter if it were a bug ridden pile of pants (which I don't believe it is), it'll still kick ***:** arse, as (in the words of Bart Simpson) that 'sim' will both suck and blow at the same time....

No Leaning....err......yeah....right?

Edited by Sinistercr0c
typo

I'm excited for you guys that don't have it yet, and I couldn't resist at all so went the digital download route which I normally hate. Does this game have some bugs, hellz yeah! Is it fun? Hellz yeah!!! Arma I stopped playing ages ago but I could tell right after I played a simple SP mission that this is a game I will be playing for a long time.

Worth every hassle and penny.

it realy would be nice to be able to res....... nahhh, ofcourse i can resist buying it on the 19th !

especialy being that i got it about 1 hour afther the release in may ( via digital download, and i'm not german, and can't speek it either)

Pre-ordered and hopefully in my hands by friday. Can't wait until I get to play, never bought ARMA but I played OFP from the demo and into ARMA release.

I purchased it a day after the German release date. No regrets. I also plan to purchase the North American copy as well when it is available. Worth every damn penny and then some. I LOVE YOU BIS!!!!! :inlove:

I purchased it a day after the German release date. No regrets. I also plan to purchase the North American copy as well when it is available. Worth every damn penny and then some. I LOVE YOU BIS!!!!! :inlove:

too true. i might resist the 19th purchase only because i purchased it on 29 MAy ! though i might buy another disk copy to send to my dad - probably pick it up on june 19 in case stores sell out sooner than later. :p

The only thing preventing me getting it is that my PC won't support it, and

there's little chance of that situation changing in the foreseeable future.

Have fun with ArmA II everyone.

P.S. I hates you all with your fancy damn computers! :mad:

Same path as Arma 1...

1) Get digital download on day of release, fight my way through the german menus just to get it early so I can play in a new sandbox

2) Upgrade PC (this time going from an ATI 3870 to 4890)

3) Get UK edition when released, still use download version so I don't have to insert the DVD

Performance wise it is heavy going but it's worth every minute of forum trawling and tweaking to get it running right. :bounce3:

Cheers

I probably won't get it on the 19th. If the demo is stellar, maybe.

but I think I will opt to wait a month or two for some patches to come out

Those of us in the EU are waiting patiently for the non German version on friday. However, thinking about it, how many of us will actually wait until the demo is released before taking the plunge.

I know I'm sorely tempted to buy straight off, but feeling like I was burned a little on ArmA and seeing some of the negative feedback has made me wonder whether I should wait and see just how long the demo takes to come out, and what sort of experience it gives.

(I'm aware that the game will change past the demo, but looking back on ArmA, while it did improve, my enjoyment levels didn't really match the expectations looking at the potential.)

Resist? I pre-ordered as fast as I could. :)

Get what? Demo? i've already pre-ordered the game and dying to get it. I have been watching youtube videos nonstop. ArmA is the best game PERIOD in the universe. I have to work on buying a gift for my wife (bribery) so she would let me play long hours :-(

Get what? Demo? i've already pre-ordered the game and dying to get it. I have been watching youtube videos nonstop. ArmA is the best game PERIOD in the universe. I have to work on buying a gift for my wife (bribery) so she would let me play long hours :-(

lol. Me too. In fact I asked for fathers day to let me play Arma2 ALL DAY uninterrupted and she said ok!

I'll see how the demo is before committing to d/l. I prefer buying off the shelf, so that will most likely make me wait until Gamestop releases in the US.

I am since I'm on savings mode right now to upgrade my LCD to a Hanns G 28 inch windescreen LCD and video card :D

The only reason I did not already pre-order ArmA2 is because I am not sure how many copies to buy (I might buy it for a couple of friends of mine if they will play it). I had ended up buying a total of nine copies of ArmA1 and two copies of Queens Gambit.

:smile_o: