Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Awesome AUSCAM CMcD. :yay:

Edited by Binkowski

Nice work everyone, look forward to it Cam.

Started to try out another technique on the retextures (accesories small pouch and hydration cover, top of hydration needs some work).

th_pouches2.jpgth_pouch.jpg

The old style (last one anyway there has been about 5 versions since I first got permission to retexture) next to the new;

th_oldvsnew.jpg

Think it's going alright so far, still Johnny's USSF models/normals with ardvarkdb's changes so thanks to them again for letting me much with them.

Edited by Sabre

so much aussie stuff this time around! i love it lol. all blows my stuff out of the water thats for sure :)

Not sure this would be the right place to post this, but I have been mulling over a couple ideas about extending functionality of ArmA2 beyond the included scripts. Sort of like ArmAlib for ArmA1, but not using any sort of modifications to exe or things like that...

Obviously the first thing I will do if I end up doing this (which probably will be far off) is make it so that in game radio can change nets/whispers in ventrilo/teamspeak. Cause yea, that'd be pretty cool. :P Anyways sorry for the tease.

hehe.. we were already halfway through working on such possibilities over at DevHeaven .. albeit it was only for arma1 + armalib.. it was a ruby app that could pipe from arma to other apps.. many nice things would be possible with it (in tests googlemaps was controlled from arma), one idea was indeed to control mumble with it, since that opensource app is able accept incoming data to control its workings ... but then arma2 came .. no armalib2 .. yet :(

if you come up with smth useable, i know many who are interested and already, one way or the other, working on it .. this comms control is really to-be-sought-after..

:)

Here is a little mod that ryujin and myself have been working on, it is nearly done on my end, now for the config section (all down to you ryu), i hope you guys like it, it has taken a lot of time to do and is the bain of my life!!!

buldozer2010-01-0613-59-36-13.jpg

buldozer2010-01-0613-57-00-87.jpg

buldozer2010-01-0613-57-26-76.jpg

buldozer2010-01-0613-57-56-93.jpg

buldozer2010-01-0613-58-11-41.jpg

sorry for all the big ass pics!!!

Here is a little mod that ryujin and myself have been working on, it is nearly done on my end, now for the config section (all down to you ryu), i hope you guys like it, it has taken a lot of time to do and is the bain of my life!!!

[iM]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/DaveyGary/buldozer2010-01-0613-59-36-13.jpg[/img]

[iM]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/DaveyGary/buldozer2010-01-0613-57-00-87.jpg[/img]

[iM]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/DaveyGary/buldozer2010-01-0613-57-26-76.jpg[/img]

[iM]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/DaveyGary/buldozer2010-01-0613-57-56-93.jpg[/img]

[iM]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/DaveyGary/buldozer2010-01-0613-58-11-41.jpg[/img]

sorry for all the big ass pics!!!

The magazine pouches on his chest seem too thick. I'm not sure if that's how they are, but the material surrounding the magazine appears to be a centimetre thick.

Well, im a big sniper fan, so im on the way to make a few sniper gear, i.e spotting scope, SSVZ-1 handheld periscope and a stand to rest a rifle on so u dont need to sit at a window and as i learn going to try build a drag bag and if pos maybe add some new watches. Basically i want to do some thing diffrent, but for the time being im not going to release them unless i get any feed back on the idea:)

Those are "FastMag" pouches. They are plastic, and kinda thick, but not that thick. Looks good though.

Well, im a big sniper fan, so im on the way to make a few sniper gear, i.e spotting scope, SSVZ-1 handheld periscope and a stand to rest a rifle on so u dont need to sit at a window and as i learn going to try build a drag bag and if pos maybe add some new watches. Basically i want to do some thing diffrent, but for the time being im not going to release them unless i get any feed back on the idea:)

Sounds good mate, especially if you can deploy and pick up the spotting scope, (ie; it's not just a static object ala VBS2). Good luck with it mate.

Sounds good mate, especially if you can deploy and pick up the spotting scope, (ie; it's not just a static object ala VBS2). Good luck with it mate.

thts wat im aiming to do:D, tho when the time come to sort tht out, i be needing help with tht to give a head start on my idear im aiming to have the scope and a separate stand and be able to deploy the stand and then attach scope but still am to carry the scope as a set of binos bit like how u carry the m2 and tripod thts the method im looking at, so idears and if poss some member to help out with scripting?

i wouldnt make them separate.. the tripod together with the scope is small enough to be carried by one. If it was a m2 tripod, sure you have to split that weight up on two ppl at least ...

I wouldnt bother about making those two separately.. it wont bring much to the overall feeling and is just soo much more hassle. rather have the static scope with a static tripod and a scope 'turret' .. with useraction you pick it up and it just shows as scope with tripod in inventory. You also place it with useractions.. ie its more like a 'pickup-able' static tow without ammo ... and a different model of course ;)

and make your carryable scope as magazine class, then add a useraction to CAManBase with condition to check for if the player has this mag class in inventory...

this action will then place the 'static' tripod with turret optics and removes the magazine class, which you 'enter' like the metis for example ..

this static object has a CAManBase useraction class itself, to pick it up.. ie this action deletes the static obj and adds the magazine class to the player back again.

This is a nice project to get started with arma content creation, i would say.. not too much config or scripting needed, actually...

Edited by PhilippRauch

...... When I did nested Action systems on the Su33 I released I got nothing but complaints

Gnat;1537696']...... When I did nested Action systems on the Su33 I released I got nothing but complaints

the mob is fickle my friend. what was good yesterday is no longer, and what they didnt like yesterday is the new rage.

I prefer nested systems over action menus that have 1000 entries. But I guess there are pros and cons for the different approaches in different situations.

i wouldnt make them separate.. the tripod together with the scope is small enough to be carried by one. If it was a m2 tripod, sure you have to split that weight up on two ppl at least ...

I wouldnt bother about making those two separately.. it wont bring much to the overall feeling and is just soo much more hassle. rather have the static scope with a static tripod and a scope 'turret' .. with useraction you pick it up and it just shows as scope with tripod in inventory. You also place it with useractions.. ie its more like a 'pickup-able' static tow without ammo ... and a different model of course ;)

and make your carryable scope as magazine class, then add a useraction to CAManBase with condition to check for if the player has this mag class in inventory...

this action will then place the 'static' tripod with turret optics and removes the magazine class, which you 'enter' like the metis for example ..

this static object has a CAManBase useraction class itself, to pick it up.. ie this action deletes the static obj and adds the magazine class to the player back again.

This is a nice project to get started with arma content creation, i would say.. not too much config or scripting needed, actually...

thanks, yer tht make more sence ok back to the drawing board then as i will need to make a stand lol :)

hehe.. we were already halfway through working on such possibilities over at DevHeaven .. albeit it was only for arma1 + armalib.. it was a ruby app that could pipe from arma to other apps.. many nice things would be possible with it (in tests googlemaps was controlled from arma), one idea was indeed to control mumble with it, since that opensource app is able accept incoming data to control its workings ... but then arma2 came .. no armalib2 .. yet :(

if you come up with smth useable, i know many who are interested and already, one way or the other, working on it .. this comms control is really to-be-sought-after..

:)

I know a way to input stuff into arma2 from a C++ program (for exemple), but I don't how I could ouput stuff from arma2 :(.

To input stuff realtime into it, just create a script that constantly loop trough a second script. Now change that second script realtime with a C++ programm or anything else you like. With the command "execVM" the script is compiled everytime you call it, so it can be modified realtime.

what do you think

ok first WIP for the Spotting scope:)

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DK717/siderender.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DK717/renderfrontright.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DK717/new.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/DK717/FL.jpg

ok this is my first real attempt, im using 3ds with Soul Assassin modding tool box as im more at home here than O2:p

still a bit to go, trying to get the legs sorted at the mo proving to be difficult trying to set it up so it look in place:rolleyes:

and to tho who think there smart and saying the stand is the worng way round from where you adjust the direction and elevation, im left handed so it set up to be ajusted with the right hand so i can write down any notes with my left LOL;)

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

I know a way to input stuff into arma2 from a C++ program (for exemple), but I don't how I could ouput stuff from arma2 :(.

you could use diag_log to write to the rpt and parse that?

To input stuff realtime into it, just create a script that constantly loop trough a second script. Now change that second script realtime with a C++ programm or anything else you like. With the command "execVM" the script is compiled everytime you call it, so it can be modified realtime.

what do you think

its a nice start.. but unfortunately not yet like the dll trick from kegetys for arma1 was/still is/ it uses some 'h4x0r' trick or whatever to get into some data streams of the software (via dsound.dll or smth) .. there where actually several ways in developement from various ppl and groups.. all trying to get that HLA/DIS style software-interconnectivitiy.. because only this way we will be able to do the 'real' nice stuff... like using databases and pipes, dbus whatever is possible..dunno, im not into this kind of coding .. ;)

nice scope panthersfan!

Edited by PhilippRauch