Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Good job? Not even. You've done a great job! The mud looks very well plastered and clumpy for texture, and the smudge and scratches look great along with that it blends very well with the default units.

Bonus points for not making it glossy and reflective ;)

Nice model and texture. Looks like something that came with the game. :eek:

Wouldn't want to be a BLUFOR pilot with those on the ground.

Looking good!

Glad you made use of some of the stuff I sent you; even more glad to see a new talent having popped out :)

If you'd willing to take a piece of advice froma n old dog like me; try making the launchers' camo a bit more distorted; now it looks like 'just striped'

Apart from this lil' nitpick - good job sir :)

Now if someone removed those ugly BIS wheels on this and add some A2-styled glass that'd go well with all that dirty surfaces ;)

PS:

Looks like something that came with the game

Hmm... actually the Tunguska in the background came with the game too...and I dare to say it looks rather shitty... (well, it does in general. model- and texturewise) Would not set the out-of-the-box models as a standard-setter ;)

Edited by topas

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, as this is my first ever projectand 1st ever retexturing of anything in ARMA2 or anything game related u guys just made my day and i'll continue making more.

Looking back 2 weeks or so ago in this thread i lol at my 1st attempts even thou i put WIP pics up but i guess i was wanting negative comments because i like to learn from my mistakes.

For now the plan is to finish the Gecko for all other factions and then do some other vilas vehicles.

@-Luc- a ZSU-23-4 is in the extra units and vehicles pack on russian side http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6421, great addon and never causes any problems but is only in green but useful, i don't have any plans to retexture this atm

I personally would like to see this ingame http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/data/5009/medium/ZSU-23-4M4_MAKS-99.jpg

zsu-23-4m4 with AA launchers, thats what the Russians use now

@topas

Yes that stuff u sent me was just the thing i needed to make use of for the mud effects, thank you very much:)

Definetly on the change card is to distort the camo on launchers and also fix the little temporary camo on side of the turret because i ran into a small problem which only allowed me to do one side that duplicates both sides the same.

vilas will probably fix this soon and that will take me about 3 minutes to correct if added on the psd

I agree about the Tunguska, it's a little off colour too

Thats why it got a backseat spot lol

Edited by vasmkd

wow, you learn fast and it really looks much better than i would think for someone who makes FIRST attempt !

woow, if Topas and Soul_Assasin say good word, it means this is quality man !!! :D

It's quality, i am sure of that now and i suprised myself, always had the eye of what i wanted it to look like but needed to learn photoshop better. I still can learn alot more i think ;)

It looks better ingame than screens too :)

it's under polish faction for now LOL because i have no idea of scripting (something i don't have talent for)

Also forgot to tell you that i can only paint one launcher (3 tubes)

the other side duplicates

I can get away with camo on launchers to certain point but if that can be fixed on ur next file too it would be great

If not I can always have fresh browny/green launchers that went up after camo or just have the same variable camo duplicated on both sides

great model talent plus great texture = great addon

U-PGLoMkGe0

WIP of ACE illum rounds... Particle effects courtesy of CarlGustaffas post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1567385&postcount=104

Illum has been done before, but the real kicker in this vid is they are base-ejected via a manually set timed fuze! :D

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Didn't like the first one that much, so here is a second one.

Tweaked, using the hunt IR parachute to do the illum positioning.

Also now the base ejecting is more realistic looking now, with trajectory being included and little pop-explosion for the pusher charge... :p

ErkYZ5aB6bU

They even burn out better looking now. :D

Hi,

@-Luc- a ZSU-23-4 is in the extra units and vehicles pack on russian side http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6421, great addon and never causes any problems but is only in green but useful, i don't have any plans to retexture this atm[...]

Thanks for the link... Why I didnt saw that earlier!?

Good day!

-Luc-

CDF retexture of Vilas SA-8 Gecko coming soon

wear, rust, scratches, decals, dirt, mud and paint leak effects coming soon too

cdf5.JPG

I also will be changing the radar (brown) on Russian version to dark green or dark brown

I think the green definetly suites the CDF version

Edited by vasmkd

Added two more rounds tonight for the M119 105mm for ACE2...

M84A1 HC White Smoke

43L-IEAZWYs

and...

M916 DPICM

KBCDmiQHUyg

These airburst shells made me realize how complex the BCS is going to get! :D

can you set the fuze timer ? or it's just before the impact ?

can you set the fuze timer ? or it's just before the impact ?

You will have to set the fuze to the right time, which is calculated by the BCS and sent to the gun line.

Almost done now with CDF reskin

Probably just ad a tad more mud

cdfsa8.JPG

vasmkd that looks pretty sweet if I may say so. :)

Can't wait to shoot down some planes with that :D

Looks Top Notch quality

Good Work!!!!

BLUEFOR air must be now very very careful!!!!!

Dlang go to the request thread .... and try ace they have this script

Damn vamskd, you got goooood. :)

Nice work man.

Thanks guyz, i think this one came out very good again (sorry for low quality screen) There is extra rust on this compared to Russian version. I'll put a bigger screen up when i clear some space and add the final finishing touch up to it

@Mankyle

OPFOR air better watch out too because the CDF don't like them either ;)

@Enad

Hehe i had to prove to myself i didn't fluke the Russian one

Hey Vasmkd,

It's looking good...The only suggestion/critique I can make is the horizontal lines that run across the body. If you compare them to the vehicle in the background, you'll see that yours are far more black and white, whereas the colour shines through on the other vehicle. I would suggest either dropping the opacity, or making the layer that the lines are on overlay.

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Abs