Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Hi guys

Really loving the previews of everyone's projects in here! Always good inspiration. :) I've been working on a tent pack for our Mod and ran into a little snag. (Hoping someone over here might be able to help me out with some info please?)

arma2oa2010-10-1000-52-25-98.jpg

Included in our tent pack I made some camonets and got the modeling, texturing and mapping down, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make the net's shadow lod semi see-through like BIS did with their camo nets...

I opened the BIS model and saw they added the texture to the shadow lod where you usually don't, and got the shadow working correctly in O2 when you view the shadow lod in bulldozer... But as you can see ingame it just remains solid.

buldozer2010-10-0816-44-30-99.jpg

I've tried everything, and anyone who knows how this is done's help would really be appreciated. Here's a pic of the standard BIS camonet and the way the shadow is supposed to look ingame:

Landy.jpg

KAC PDW

Super early so there will be lots of geometry and smoothing errors.(basically no smoothing assigned to begin with). I just roughed out the major geometry, still have lots of bits and bobs to do before I get to cleaning it up. Lots of stuff seems to be washed out by the render and I am not really in the mood to change the settings until its done, I would rather continue modeling.

I love this gun, not sure if one exists in Arma 2, but I thought I would bang one out for fun none the less.

Feel free to point out any glaring inaccuracies that I should fix, but keep in mind tons of stuff is still missing.

2aopi0.jpg

1zqewb5.jpg

Edited by drmidnight

KAC PDW

Super early so there will be lots of geometry and smoothing errors.(basically no smoothing assigned to begin with). I just roughed out the major geometry, still have lots of bits and bobs to do before I get to cleaning it up. Lots of stuff seems to be washed out by the render and I am not really in the mood to change the settings until its done, I would rather continue modeling.

Total modeling noob question here, but how do you do those show room renders... I assume you are using max.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12214

It does, but don't let that discourage you ;)

PS-check your 2nd image's size, needs to be under 100kb

Ah, I saw that awhile ago but wasn't sure if it was the KAC PDW or not since it lacked screens, but I probably should have just downloaded it and tried it out. Oh well, I'll still work on my own.

Fixed that second image, sorry about that.

Total modeling noob question here, but how do you do those show room renders... I assume you are using max.

A simple skylight and having the background set to white under the environment settings. I think I changed a few other settings to show shadows, but I haven't touched them in a long long time so I don't really remember.

I saw this awhile ago Link, haven't tried it, but looks like it provides great results.

Edited by drmidnight

katana2_3321.jpg

Just never know when you might need one.

Edited by Dead3yez

A simple skylight and having the background set to white under the environment settings. I think I changed a few other settings to show shadows, but I haven't touched them in a long long time so I don't really remember.

I saw this awhile ago Link, haven't tried it, but looks like it provides great results.

Thanks! :)

Another random video showing progress on the Canvas UI...

bKXdEbL4a_Y

Sorry for the crappy quality, windowed mode record in fraps and fast encode in virtualdub = blech... :p

Anyway that is a pure 2D drawing of a 3D cube drawn on the canvas control thats covering the entire UI... Not really useful, but shows the power of what this control could be used for!

Thanks! :)

Another random video showing progress on the Canvas UI...

Sorry for the crappy quality, windowed mode record in fraps and fast encode in virtualdub = blech... :p

Anyway that is a pure 2D drawing of a 3D cube drawn on the canvas control thats covering the entire UI... Not really useful, but shows the power of what this control could be used for!

Very impressive.....

Could it be used to display images, text or more intricate icons? or does it only allow for wireframe-like vector primitives and lines?

I was hoping that someone would make something like that! Is it a secondary weapon so that we can carry one around while using a rifle, it'd look so awesome for a leader of a squad to lead a team into battle wearing one on his belt!

Myke;1767253']HOLY SHIT!!!! Thats just awesome! Just one thing' date=' reverse the faders as usual at bottom it is off (0%) and full up is 100%. Besides that, just stunning.

Oh, and if you can find a way to preload the textures for the movie screen you will get less stuttering on it.[/quote']

This issue has confirmed that upside-down.

Rotate Slider Control Does it possible?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dialog_Control#Slider

A small Jungle Island for the Zeus-Community, as currently the 'nam fever broke our.

arma2oa2010101222151226.th.png

arma2oa2010101222143547.th.png

arma2oa2010101222135109.th.png

It is just a 5km x 5km island, but since there is only one road an many many many footpaths, this is big enough for some proper infantry action.

Will it be release publicly? I'd love another map! :D

I was hoping that someone would make something like that! Is it a secondary weapon so that we can carry one around while using a rifle, it'd look so awesome for a leader of a squad to lead a team into battle wearing one on his belt!

Unfortunately, it has to use the primaryweapon slot to get it to work how I want. Unless I find a workaround then, it will have to stay like this. At least it doesn't use any ammo space though? Haven't got round to what it'll look like holstered yet either. ;)

haha that looks awesome!! does it actually work??

Yep, and some NInja stars to go with it. :)

ckO0MAZM-gY

dude that's awesome.

but what are takistani's doing in utes? lol

Unfortunately, it has to use the primaryweapon slot to get it to work how I want. Unless I find a workaround then, it will have to stay like this. At least it doesn't use any ammo space though? Haven't got round to what it'll look like holstered yet either. ;)

That is pretty f*cking neat!

Are those new animations? Anyway GZ on the best melee armaverse has ever seen :icon_eek:

Looks like the grenade throw animations.

Dead3yez: If you give the katana to an AI? Will it be able to handle the weapon?

Are those new animations? Anyway GZ on the best melee armaverse has ever seen :icon_eek:
That is pretty f*cking neat!

Thanks. :)

Dead3yez: If you give the katana to an AI? Will it be able to handle the weapon?

It could be done with something like zombie scripts, but it would be tideous. And i'm not sure that I'd take the time to bother with it. Atm , I'm going to focus on getting everything working in SP.

Looks like the grenade throw animations.

Yep. :(

Okay. Last time spamming my stuff for a bit. ;)

VeZeQ-zjiRw

Ahahaha ninja amazement.... all you need now is a sabre so we can have pirates vs ninjas... maybe a flintlock too

wow man thats awesome!! especially the ninja stars :D

well then you could actually make a working light saber right? .. just thinking loud:whistle: