WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Nice ACU , personally i dont like those "used" ACU uniforms :p

Typical ACU have a green-yellow colour tone than bluish

I have to agree but the pattern you have fox is great

this has been killing me for a while. I'm going to install photoshop.. there is only so much you can do in Paint.net.

thanks for feedback, I'll try my best to make this happen

edit:

last one

bK60.jpg

Edited by Fox '09

this has been killing me for a while. I'm going to install photoshop.. there is only so much you can do in Paint.net.

thanks for feedback' date=' I'll try my best to make this happen

edit:

last one

-image-[/quote']

I like what I see. The hunt for a perfect ACU texture is getting close to the end I'd say :)

That really looks amazing! Perfect ACU texture and it'll be nice for those not getting OA.

Been working on this L115A3 in my lunch breaks.

Hoping to get some accuracy criticism from some one who knows something about these, i was also wondering if anyone knows the name of the bipod they use as it looks quite complicated and i would rather do it accurately than with errors throughout from just guesswork.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9209/l115a2.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8988/l115a1i.jpg

I hope to eventually get it in game but could take a little while due to me really not having much time to do this :p

maybe then I'll do the rest of the British weapons when I'm done.

The bipod on the A3 is a Harris bipod

Also, the A3 is fitted with an Accuracy International 'Tactical' muzzle brake rather than the standard one you've modelled.

338-Tactical-muzzle-brake.jpg

@fox-That ACU is great man!

Whatever you do! Don't lower the quality! It's better than any other addon I've seen for A2. :D

Great job!

Keep working on the groin pad pattern size difference - it's quite a bit smaller than on, say, the legs.

yeah still got to fix that, I'll probably change the groin pad instead. It's on the same texture map as the pouches etc, which I want to have a small pattern... thanks once again.

@sneakymcfox

looks good, I hope you can get it in game :)

edit:

9AH2r.jpg

better?

Edited by Fox '09

9wJC9.jpg

Addons used: Good ACU(by fox)

WIP AO pass - click for larger

main_prop_small.png

¨Kiowa!!!!§§MKSJDGh *passes out*

Good to see a Kiowa project alive :)

For setting up an AO map, I would tone down the distance of your AO render. here it looks like you're using AO for lighting. As part of a composite render, AO is best used for defining edges rather than a primary source of lighting info.

For setting up an AO map, I would tone down the distance of your AO render. here it looks like you're using AO for lighting. As part of a composite render, AO is best used for defining edges rather than a primary source of lighting info.

cheers for your infinite wisdom mate.:rolleyes:

I have done it like this for the purpose of having some more visible with a simple AO render rather then my own AO time to time passes. So yes, i have used it for lighting here...

Kiowa is indeed alive, i have been busy with work related stuff, i am redoing some topology that i wasn't happy with, i need to finish the tail rotot as well. But other than that the low poly mesh is almost done; the highpoly is around 2 mil atm, need some tweeks here and there, floating geometry etc.

Will post another AO pass soonish (using it as lighting again...;)) of the whole model.

cheers for your infinite wisdom mate.:rolleyes:

I have done it like this for the purpose of having some more visible with a simple AO render rather then my own AO time to time passes. So yes, i have used it for lighting here...

Excellent. I'm quite glad that you made an ugly render on purpose. Moving on.

Using AO to light your scene or map is a common pitfall. I have no idea of your relative skill, ability, training (if any) and I know nothing about your previous work. If you don't need that advice, how wonderful. If you did, it would be helpful. I'm not sure why someone would choose to take advice or comment like that as an insult but I suppose there is no accounting for character.

Edited by Max Power

without willing to drag this conversation forward, it was not meant to be an insult..

if you wanna see my previous work, i am can send you a link to my portfolio (architecture, interior design and models and renders of those..). All models related to Bi games and UDK i do in my own free time, for the fun of it..I use PS, Max, Autocad on an daily basis..

So let's get back on topic, shall we?

Excellent. I'm quite glad that you made an ugly render on purpose. Moving on.

Using AO to light your scene or map is a common pitfall. I have no idea of your relative skill, ability, training (if any) and I know nothing about your previous work. If you don't need that advice, how wonderful. If you did, it would be helpful. I'm not sure why someone would choose to take advice or comment like that as an insult but I suppose there is no accounting for character.

seriously dude where do u get off being the high and mighty master of what and how people should show their renders? You havn't shown any amaizing work either nor wip renders, the AH-1 screens dont really count as they were viewport grabs neither do the buldozer shots. And how many finalized addons have you released? Jesus man, get off your horse.

@pufu

the rotor assembly looks wicked dude. We want to see more :)

@ Pufu,

Just one comment. the Rotor hub looks a bit flimsy compared to the real thing. eg:

Bell_407-rotorhead_TH.jpg

Click pic for full size

The Bell 407/417 rotor is the same as the latest Kiowa. You might want to beef it up a bit.