Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Nixo. now those guys are legit. I like the way they look with those models. Is there by any chance you are able to make a set of units with just tan vest??

Yes. These are like the basic infantry units. Then I will add the tan/black/green/yellow/pink stuff.

And they will come in atleast two flavours. Multicam and ACU. Myabe UCP-D.

Yes. These are like the basic infantry units. Then I will add the tan/black/green/yellow/pink stuff.

And they will come in atleast two flavours. Multicam and ACU. Myabe UCP-D.

Ohh whhaaaattt. Man...you're good. Cant wait to see them completed:) are these part of your other project you were working on? I think DEA or something?

I say UCP-D so we can test its camo ability on this mountain range map i have in the works lol

Ohh whhaaaattt. Man...you're good. Cant wait to see them completed:) are these part of your other project you were working on? I think DEA or something?

I say UCP-D so we can test its camo ability on this mountain range map i have in the works lol

No, this is a different project. Since Binkowski has not given the updated version of my "ex. DEA" units I have not been able to work on them. But I have told him to take it easy with the units. He is very busy at some times.

And :) I am planning on making 2 versions of this pack, One with everyone equipped with RH's Masadas and ACRs. And the other with the standard bis weapons.

No, this is a different project. Since Binkowski has not given the updated version of my "ex. DEA" units I have not been able to work on them. But I have told him to take it easy with the units. He is very busy at some times.

And :) I am planning on making 2 versions of this pack, One with everyone equipped with RH's Masadas and ACRs. And the other with the standard bis weapons.

Understandable;). Now thats even better haha.. I'll def have to have both packs:p lol now i can go back to map making feeling good knowing everyone is brewing up some crazy new ish units. instead of trying to learn myself:confused: lol wasn't good looking.

Loving that Island Prowler!!!

Quick WIP progress on my lil Mastiff 2, im going to bake all these nice details down onto the lowpoly version. The External still needs some loving, but im getting there!

himast2.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Loving that Island Prowler!!!

Quick WIP progress on my lil Mastiff 2, im going to bake all these nice details down onto the lowpoly version. The External still needs some loving, but im getting there!

Damn nice looking mastiff 2 you got there matey!

I think i got the multicam right.. perhaps too dark / constrasty' date=' but this is on movie day filter..[/quote']

Looks pretty good to me... Texture is still bit too small tough :)

Here is some WIP screens of the ACU units. Some textures are still in multicam. So ignore that. If someone can help me with those shadow problems, please PM me and tell me what to do. Since the shadows look stupid and they can be seen through the soldier.

arma2201006172206175139a57a8ejpg.2.jpgarma22010061722065512ddab0134jpg.2.jpgarma220100617220714021308884bjpg.2.jpg

Edited by Nixo

I think i got the multicam right.. perhaps too dark / constrasty' date=' but this is on movie day filter..

[url']http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq1smci[/url]

too red mate...did you just use this photo from google?

http://www.djmonkeyboy.com/milspecmonkey/materials/multicam-swatch1b.jpg

this is a much better ref in my real world experience of it...

http://blogs.e-bim.com/from5thavetothefield2/files/2009/09/multicam.jpg

@Fox-MC is looking goood! :)

@Nixo- Damn those MC units and ACU guys look AWESOME!! :D

Keep up the good work! I love the vests and models!!

+1 to what ebanks suggested.

Only thing is on both the units, the textures could be a little higher res. They look a bit blurry.

If someone can help me with those shadow problems, please PM me and tell me what to do. Since the shadows look stupid and they can be seen through the soldier.

Check over you shadow LOD to make sure all objects in the mesh have closed geometry: Use Structure->Topology->findNonClosed and seal up create faces between the highlighted vertexes that appear (can be a bit of a pain in the arse to do at times)

Make sure all faces are triangulated: select eveerything and press '/' or '\'

Make sure all edges are sharp: select everything and press 'U'

Check you have the named property 'LoDNoShadow 1' to all resolution LoDs in your model, and any proxies you've made for it: Right-click the properties window/box in O2, click 'New', fill in Name: LODNoShadow, Value: 1.

Check over you shadow LOD to make sure all objects in the mesh have cl......

Make sure all edges are sharp: select everything and press 'U'

Actually, it seems that this isn't needed, I have accidentally left my whole shadow LOD with soft edges and found no ill effect in game. Didn't check the rtp though.

It might not be the best solution to close the geometry but I believe there is an option to do so in O2.

Yeah the triangulation thing is a must, by the way, what difference does doing / have from \ ?

whats with the grids lol

I'll try that tex aeneas, but it seems to be taken from clothes. and the lighting is different in some areas. there is only so much you can do with paint.net...

whatever to please my love (enad) , i hate MC

Edited by Fox '09

Why does everyone hate MC!? It's such an awesome looking camo!

cause acu is where it is at

i swear , acu is so good, i should skin all arma 2 vehicles to acu.

Yeah the triangulation thing is a must, by the way, what difference does doing / have from \ ?

IIRC it just decides which direction the edge between any quads divided into two triangles will go in.

Say if you have a square face, pressing / will divide it into two triangles, with the edge between them running from the top-right vertex to bottom-left vertex and pressing \ will make the edge run top-left to bottom-right. Or vica-versa, I'm not 100% on which it is; I've not paid that much attention to it.

ACU Camouflage pattern contains extreme amounts of awesomesauce, and should be only handled by professionals, who know what they are doing.

whats with the grids lol

I'll try that tex aeneas' date=' but it seems to be taken from clothes. and the lighting is different in some areas. there is only so much you can do with paint.net...

whatever to please my love (enad) , i hate MC[/quote']

yeh i know wasnt suggesting u used the second one...the first pic i posted is crappy...the second is useful as a ref i need to get back down onto the base and try and grab a decent shot of a jacket from the back to give you a clean light base for you texture...or i guess i could just go buy an mc jacket.

yeh i know wasnt suggesting u used the second one...the first pic i posted is crappy...the second is useful as a ref i need to get back down onto the base and try and grab a decent shot of a jacket from the back to give you a clean light base for you texture...or i guess i could just go buy an mc jacket.

I could buy a jacket.. :D

anyway, trying the first image as the texture, i got:

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxyqRIJ

It looks super dark in Paint.net though...

oh.. and

yyA6A.jpg

still too brown?

Edited by Fox '09

Fox, The acu is looking good..but yeah the mc is a lil too brown.

Oh lol but yeah ACU maan..idk i think it is just as hard to perfect along with multicam. because ive seen ACU's that are more green and more like what you have there in the pic. and not from pics. seeing them in person up close..but i think it looks great man

acu is looking better man but it does look a little washed out :). the MC i dunno it just doesnt look saturated enough to my eyes....acu is def a huge improvement though.