Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Finally! Been waiting for a HUGE ASS bomb!

I need huge damage radius! :)

Nice job Myke.

So how big will the damage radius be?

TBD.

Will do some tests. Although it should wear the name "mother of all bombs" with a reason, i don't want it overpowered. Probably somewhat in a size that smaller villages (~10-15 nearby buildings) will be flatened. But i don't want it to flatten bigger villages or even Chernogorsk at once.

MOAB length is 30 feet, 1.75 inches (9.17 m), diameter is 40.5 inches (102.9 cm), weight is 22,600 lb (10.3 tonnes), of which 18,700 lb (8.5 tonnes) are high explosives. Blast radius is 450 feet (137.61 m, 150 yd), though the massive shockwave created by the air burst is said to be able to destroy an area as large as nine city blocks.

Wow, only 100 plus metres, I thought its gonna be a nuke, you are right!

But i don't want it to flatten bigger villages or even Chernogorsk at once.

We NEED a bomb that can deal that type of destruction! Now that would be awesome!

Btw. Myke, please tell me all these bombs will be place-able in the editor!?

We NEED a bomb that can deal that type of destruction! Now that would be awesome!

Btw. Myke, please tell me all these bombs will be place-able in the editor!?

Flatten a city of the size of Chernogorsk is a job for a nuke, IMHO.

And yes, mission designer decides that in his mission player may drop two GBU-43/B so places 2 of them on a airfiled plus a C-130 to carry/drop it.

So, they're limited in use, plus if the C-130 gets lost or the GBU-43/B gets destroyed at the Airport (yes, can also be done)....well, then, not your lucky day i guess. ;)

Yeah, but a LARGER nuke that would destroy an area even larger than Chernogorsk would be crazy! :D

But the second part, does that mean I can go into the editor and say...find a thing called "Mykes Bombs" then choose GBU-43 and put it anywhere I want? Then say, if I put a satchel charge on it, it would create a huge ass explosion, correct?

Yeah, but a LARGER nuke that would destroy an area even larger than Chernogorsk would be crazy! :D

But the second part, does that mean I can go into the editor and say...find a thing called "Mykes Bombs" then choose GBU-43 and put it anywhere I want? Then say, if I put a satchel charge on it, it would create a huge ass explosion, correct?

You get it. But don't even think of using remote blow-off. Set timer to get out of the blast radius as fast as you can. :p

It shouldnt create an explosion like the bomb being detonated prom the plane because its Thermobaric and that requires a precise mixture of fuel in the air as far as i know. It should kind of explode like a fueltank otherwise I imagine..... Whatever happens these new toys will certainly be interesting to play with.

Edited by wolfbite

Myke

Are you going to make FOAB (father of all bombs) too ;)

_44111855_foab_203.jpg

bombGPX1109_468x236.jpg

Edited by vasmkd

@Enad Have you used the scud that Lucilk and I ported, It's big enough to flatten chenogorsk :P

Yeah, I like it alot, but I want something even bigger! :D

That FOAB sounds epic! :D

It shouldnt create an explosion like the bomb being detonated prom the plane because its Thermobaric and that requires a precise mixture of fuel in the air as far as i know. It should kind of explode like a fueltank otherwise I imagine..... Whatever happens these new toys will certainly be interesting to play with.

Although fuel tanks generally don't explode unless they are almost all empty and just containing fuel vapours. They just (at most) start to burn.

A thermobaric weapon is pretty much an ordinary weapon, just that instead of the explosion originating from a specific point, instead originates from a larger volume (like about a football field, if I recall the MOAB stats accurately), creating a bit different destruction within the blast zone, but the shockwave damage extending from that blast zone will be like all other bombs.

Texturing almost done.

Texturing done. Quick ingame shot. Note that there is no proper shadow LOD yet.

wipmoabtex1.th.jpg

wipmoabtex4.th.jpg

wipmoabtex2.th.jpg

wipmoabtex3.th.jpg

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Yeah, I like it alot, but I want something even bigger! :D

That FOAB sounds epic! :D

something bigger than that will more than likely crash you to desk top LoL

Hows the GPS going to work on the MOAB?

Sadly not at all. It will be a simple LGB. And before the moaning starts: if anyone can script a proper targetting and guidance system which includes a visual target aid for the pilot, then please, be my guest and i'll remove the LGB capabilities.

Requirements for such a system:

- programming dialogue @ the bomb itself

- possibility to assign dialogue to FAC or similar unit.

- probably mapclick dialogue

- visual guidance for pilot to programmed target area

I know, a GPS guidance system would be cool and honestly, i would love to be able to offer such a system. But sadly this would require skills that i simply don't have.

No problems man. I would be happy with it just being a dumb bomb. Any plans on special explosion effects with the fuel being blasted through the air the ignited or just standard?

Whatever its all good. Good stuff man

Sorry, the reply sounded harsher that it should. Blame my frustration about my lack of skills for it. It is frustrating to know that technically it could be done but practically the lack of knowledge does block it.

Aye, i could learn it but this would delay it for a big amount of time since i'm not really a fast learner and the required math (all sort of vector calculating, go away) goes way beyond my head. Let alone dialogue creating.

I dont know but the Black/Yellow give me creeps of a certain game.. :D

Ok, I solve the riddle. It the rest of Chernarus the area around Novigrad

chernarus_whole.png

Wanna try it to create this island.

No problems Myke I know how you feel. The moddelings fun but the coding does my brain in.

@Boris Balzer

Great idea!

The fact that Takistan is on the western border of that map could make for some great 'when ArmA 2 & ArmA 2 : OA meet' scenarios.

Good luck!

Cheers,

D.