Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Yeah I guess it would be, might look into that as a possibility also, thanks mate. That is looking top-notch Mike! the ruined building is looking fantastic but the ivy is a work of art! Will make a nice snipers nest :)

Mikebart, that's excellent progress on that building! The greenery looks fitting actually, looking forward to seeing more. Are you planning a pack or just experimenting for now?

Just experimenting at the moment, but yeah, eventually i want to release it as a sort of 'customize your own building' pack for island makers, theres still a bit of work to go with the lods and I havent really gotten them tested in game yet, im still waiting on the mlods from bis, some things might have to be changed, but its a very adaptable system.

edit: btw, thanks to the i44 mod team for making good use the grass, I always enjoy seeing it screenshots :)

Edited by mikebart

looks great fortran, wouldnt that be the type of thing you'd just load into the back of a humv or something?

Thanks for the comments guys, the ivy's part of a 4 peice set complete with lods, i'll release it soon, I just got to finish off a few things.

Wich software do you use to make the buildings?

I have to agree with the others, the abandoned structure is beautifully done but that Ivy is some of the most natural and fitting I have ever seen..it looks very much like the one growing on the side of my house.

Wich software do you use to make the buildings?

3dsmax 2009 and photoshop. But for the vegetation I mostly render my textures from models in max and just use photoshop to put them together and adjust colours.

..it looks very much like the one growing on the side of my house.

thanks NodUnit, glad to hear it looks familiar.

Its all kinds of ugly. Got the idea from this article RIA-JMTC rolls out first FRAG Kit 6. I dont know what the outcome of it will be. Still working on my textureing skillz which you cant really see lol. But im working on it though. I want to get everything modeled an uv's ready for textureing first. or might just say the hell with it an do something else. never can tell.

th_WIPX.jpg

Click the pic its 759.27 KB

Where can I find those trucks and APCs? Or are they for personal use only? Also have you gotten Avgani/Afghan Village to work in ArmA 2 using CAA1?

amazing stuff NZXSHADOWS :bounce3: if i can give a suggestion.. i would change the old wheels from arma1 and add some blue glusses to some veichles.. and camouflage on the top :D

Well, it is my first model that I have made on my own. Just a little project I'm trying to figure out, hopefully add something cool for the ArmA2 community. Points if you can tell me what it is(just "cool points", don't expect a real prize). Just needs textures, which I suck at worse than modeling. I'll figure out exactly how I want to get it in game later.

project1.jpg

project2.jpg

@Firehead: Looks pretty good. But i might suggest you bevel it a bit so the model will look smoother. Something like this (an old model i once made):

IRstrobe.jpg

PS: Don't be afraid to post a bigger resolution picture in the future, as long as it isn't over 100kb offcourse. Bit hard to judge on such small pictures.