But can the wild boar be modded to flee like the rabbit does,Max?

I assume both are from that category agents right?

I don't know. Agents are hard to work with. I had to do some pretty strange stuff to get my sheep to flee. I had to have the sheep grazing as agents, then get each type of sheep and replace it with the same kind of unit sheep in one instant, teleport invisible men to their locations / orientations, attach the sheep to the men, limit the running speed of the men to the same speed as the sheep running animation (which I needed to find out empirically by spawning as a sheep and measuring my own speed as a known distance over time), give the men a waypoint, and the force the unit sheep to play sheep running animations.

Make an invisible rabbit and attach a sheep to it?

Make an invisible rabbit and attach a sheep to it?

You could, but the sheep's animation won't be synced to what the rabbit is doing, and I guess you would have to script them both getting killed if one died.

So how about these things:

Visibility strictly based on player's horizontal position and completely irrelevant of altitude

Condensed smarter controls

Better command interface

Better AI

Gun mounts on C130s

Zeroing for underslung and grenade rifles

Any mods out there for these things?

I tried ACE but I feel that's for people who want realism as opposed to an improved gameplay experience.

Edited by JCDBionicman

Condensed smarter controls-(there are really none, maybe condensed)

Better command interface

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12715&highlight=TRUEMODS

Better AI -(take your pick) i reccomend ASRAI,GL4,COSLX,TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117674-AI-Compilation-List-of-Addons-Mods-Scripts-amp-Misc

Zeroing for underslung and grenade rifles

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9910

Are the first and last mods you cite able to be used in multiplayer regardless of whether others have it?

Condensed smarter controls-(there are really none, maybe condensed)

I think I just came up with a great idea for how it might be done. This is just a copy and paste from where I posted it in the ArmA 3 wishlist.

Using various keys as macros in conjunction with the mousewheel would provide for a sleek and intuitive interface:

By default the mousewheel scrolls through weapons. Switching animations should be able to be interrupted so that this process is seamless.

-Q Will be used for ordering units that are under your control, much like the spacebar in ArmA 2. This quick command interface will be much the same as the one in Armed Assault, allowing you to scroll through many different commands from movements, behaviors, and miscellaneous actions. While holding Q and selecting a soldier, a right click will select all but that soldier and if you continue to right click different soldiers you will continue to exclude soldiers from your selection for orders. Left clicking a soldier will select just that soldier and continuing to left click soldiers will add units to your selection for orders.

-E is dedicated to communicating with units beyond your direct control and for communicating with higher commanding officers. Given it's own interface separate from quick command, this serves as a quick support interface. Units are sorted by distance and their current workload so that you can select the unit most able to support you. As said, you can also reply to and communicate with people giving your orders or requesting support from you.

-R used to reload and held down opens up a menu used to interact with whatever is around you like vehicles and doors.

-Shift toggles between walk and run and held down allows the mousewheel to be used as an analog modifier for movement.

-Caps Lock allows the mouse to be used to lean and the mousewheel to be used to scroll through all stances from standing to last stand (last after prone). Animations should be able to be interrupted so that this scrolling is smooth.

-Alt used for freelook as before, except this time pressing the fire button locks the camera so that the player can use his desired camera angle for the purposes of aiming or piloting. Mousewheel will zoom in and out.

-G goes to gear as before, but held down allows scrolling through utility items like night vision, binoculars, range finders, and throwables.

-F held down allows the mouse to scroll through the currently held weapon or item to have it's different fire modes or functions scrolled through.

And that about covers everything, with just a few keys. Would make playing the game with just a controller a real possibility.

What do you think?

Edited by JCDBionicman

Are the first and last mods you cite able to be used in multiplayer regardless of whether others have it?

Yes

Would make playing the game with just a controller a real possibility.

What do you think?

Probably not, the controls laid out for the game are customizable yes, but various controls such as commanding your AI via Fkeys cannot be changed,

most other keys should be changeable, but tbh that list you have wouldn't work for me, I like my current setup and it works for me but thats only

because I have been using the same control setup since day 1 in the series, as well as every other game I play.

Like sounds control's are an individual thing, so you'll have to play around with them and find out whats going to work and whats not, making the controls more versatile so

you can setup something like you want would be ideal I suppose, giving the controls more flexibility.

This thread isn't a discussion thread so unless you have more requests for addons or mods then we'll have to take this elsewhere.

I asked this in a diff part of the forumn but it was locked for whatever reason..Im not asking to have a new add-on made just asking where to find an already existing add-on...RH_de_cfg I have a domination I got from playing in a server but I am missing that add-on for some reason and I cant find it on Six-updater..if anyone knows where I can find or has it please let me know..Thanks!

JC

I was hoping someone might be able to make this rifle for me

M series weapons with a 203 spectre sight with laser + flashlight aswell as the rifle at 2:58 in this video
again M series weapon with a 20" barrel and spectre sight here is a pic aswell http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=152207&d=1301116222

I am looking for an island that has that Mid-West American feel for it. I tried FDF Podagorsk, Tasmania Island, and a few others. So I am asking the community here to help me. Also I was looking for some armed civilians. I know there are some out there. But require additional DL's. I was looking something more complete. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

~ Skylez

HI, We need quality Soviet infantry troops in the game (Soviet-afghan era 1979-88,There a lot of maps of afghanistan in the game, but no soviet troops to represent this stage of history) and other than the Vilas p85 mod(is very old) and CWR2 not represent soviet afghan troops., must be of quality textures and Bis weapons with JSRS sounds.Can retexturize Russian troops (Chechnya) by jonhy Cage:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?113213-Chechen-War-Russians or KPA mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144110-KPA-Korean-s-People-Army-Glory-of-the-OPFOR Thank you very much, reading this please.

3619_soviet_paratoopers.jpg

Cheers Comraders

Edited by LDU30

From what I know Vilas' soldiers are quite accurate for that time period. With AFRF BTR-70, BMP-2D and his pack I have almost complete OKSVA set:) The only main asset I miss is T-62M (I use Vilas' T-55AM instead).

Sorry, I do not like vilas troops and weapons are PREHISTORIC textures ands sounds, and I want JSRS compatibility sounds and better textures.

I use the t-55s of the Korean Peoples Army mod(BIS t-55 textures and jsrs sound mod),cwr2 troops,cwr2 bmp1 & 2, rhs btr-70,bmd1,2 and bis vehicles for my editor missions....waiting for something better L:bounce3:L.

Edited by LDU30

BTW, does anybody know an infantry pack that resembles modern Syrian infantry?

Sorry, I do not like vilas troops and weapons are PREHISTORIC textures ands sounds, and I want JSRS compatibility sounds and better textures.

I use the t-55s of the Korean Peoples Army mod(BIS t-55 textures and jsrs sound mod),cwr2 troops,cwr2 bmp1 & 2, rhs btr-70,bmd1,2 and bis vehicles for my editor missions....waiting for something better L:bounce3:L.

Couple of comments in your post there are a little harsh.:butbut:

Vilas does his mods/addons firstly for his own use and maybe those of a group he may play with. He’s generous enough to share them with the rest of us as well, so we should be grateful.

If you don’t like his work then just don’t use it, he has a large following of players who enjoy and admire his work, we don’t need remarks like the ones you have put there which are simply not true..

Why don't you try and do better?

I modify all vilas troops one by one, changing his "wonderful" weapons pack, by bis weapons to have the JSRS sounds in weapons http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85067-VILAS-addons-release-thread&p=2231661#post2231661 ..... in short, I have an idea, now you are all against me, ok thanks.

Edited by LDU30

I modify all vilas troops one by one, changing his "wonderful" weapons pack, by bis weapons to have the JSRS sounds in weapons ..... in short, I have an idea, now you are all against me, ok thanks.

Of course, what else do you expect? You insult a well respected member here who puts in so much effort for little in return.

Oh and did you ask could you change them? I'd bet you didn't.

End of this discussion, I did not insult anyone ... I'm Spanish (Basque) and my English is not very good just been understood otherwise. Thanks to all and have a nice day, FIN.

Edited by LDU30

Yeah a HETT would be pretty sweet. Someone was making one a while back, but I think it kinda fell by the wayside

How about some haulers/trailers? Look Here
Yeah a HETT would be pretty sweet. Someone was making one a while back, but I think it kinda fell by the wayside

From memory Combat! addons was doing one, along with someone else, though i don't know how it would work anyway.