Since all other threads related to the C-17 GlobemasterIII have been closed I dropped my comment on here to ask if anyone has picked up the mantle on what would be a great addon vehicle for Arma2?

Since all other threads related to the C-17 GlobemasterIII have been closed I dropped my comment on here to ask if anyone has picked up the mantle on what would be a great addon vehicle for Arma2?

There was a model pack of WIP work posted up a little while ago by Aussnipe in the orphaned projects thread that had a C-17 in it if you're looking for the base model the to take it from there.

A pitch black Huey, with some of the hard edges made soft and closeable doors. maybe some more guns for the pilot. I would LOVE that. the round edges and closed doors with the black exterior would make it look like a stealth huey. AWESOME, right?

Brief question: Is there a mod/script that adds the function "fire on my mark"? I mean that you command hold fire and the AI open fire on your first shot since then, like in Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising for example.

I would love to see the integration of the Wasteland sandbox style base construction. This would be a major step up! I'll probably get flamed for posting about DayZ but I love good mods.

So yeah, would it be possible to merge the Wasteland base construction with DayZ. Possibly even adding the weapons spawning in some cars, except drastically reducing the chance of finding a weapon in a car. Like 1 in every 30 vehicles have a chance of spawning a hatchet/crowbar 70%, handgun 25%, Primary weapon 5%.

I'm looking for a weapons pack, could be from ArmA 1 or ArmA 2. The weapon was a bolt-action sniper rifle, could've been an M24, not sure, and the thing about it was that you had to press "R" after every shot to simulate pulling the bolt back. I remember playing it and it was awesome, I since forgot the name or link for the pack.

Brief question: Is there a mod/script that adds the function "fire on my mark"? I mean that you command hold fire and the AI open fire on your first shot since then, like in Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising for example.

Nothing like this available?

It's not really possible to attach things to BI models, unfortunately.

What about just modeling the pods, using attachto; then creating a script for the flares with the position behind the pod?

Not sure if its okay to ask here lol but I wish to see some European Freedom Fighters mod like somewhere in Russia or Chernarus, something similar to Chechen rebels etc :'D

What about just modeling the pods, using attachto; then creating a script for the flares with the position behind the pod?

It's not the pods that you need to model, afaik, it's the memory points telling ArmA where the flares need to come from.

Been a while since I delt with flares and memory points, but can't you reference any existing memory point on the model and then define an XYZ space in relation to that where the flares should appear?

[edit] rethinking that, I'm not thinking of the built in system that i assume requires said memory points, I'm confusing myself with old 'home made' flare systems.

This is probably an unpopular notion, but I would love to see a mod that removes tracers from the A-10's GAU-8. They are unrealistic and unnecessary (at least when using ACE's proper ranging pipper).

I would like to see HGU-56/P Face Shield for the desert operation.

Check the ESS Goggle pack that comes with DaveGarrys rangers.

A script that uses a mobile HQ, and when deployed you get the opportunity to build a base around it using funds u get by killing enemies on the map. It also comes with a decent amount of (undestructable) Ai Base defense so enemies don't get into your base.

I got this idea while playing Insurgency on Zargabad last night. After clearing the Villa with hostiles i would like to be able to set up an FOB there since it's near the main city.

With the funds you can buy things like field hospitals, heli pads, ammo boxes, vehicle spawns, small buildings, etc.

Base defence should by deployed by default. Distance from enemies to base were the base defence starts shooting should be a variable.

I have almost no knowledge about scripting, but it doesn't seem to hard to create. Hope someone will make this soon!

Was that subtle stab at me ya bollox? haha nice suggestion all the same

LOL, no-no. Almost had one in my possession, but it slipped through my big meaty claws (i.e. the guy hasn't been online for about 2-3 years). So figured why not take a wild stab here in the request thread. More than likely won't take off, but that's the whole point of the thread--you never know. :D

I think the MiG-25, 27, and 31 would be welcome sight in the game. Yeah they're old aircraft, but not old enough that they wouldn't have been exported to say Takistani or post soviet satellite states like Chernarus to have them in their inventory.

Also, see as how there are so many allied fighters out there, the Russian faction have a slight disadvantage in the air. A Su-27, 35 and a PAK-FA would definitely even it out. Hefty request I know, but a guy can dream can't he? If I had any knowledge or ability to create any of these I would, but sadly I have 0 knowledge in addon making

Small mod that add's the Ghillie suit as an equipment. Just one were I can choose a ghillie suit from an ammo box, have it as equipment, and be able to wear it by using the ACE key > Ghillie suit > Wear. something like that would be really nice!!!

Is there any good futuristic Arma 2 mods? I don't mind if its from a game a movie or a show. As long as its futuristic.

Pm me the links (Or Names) I don't mind searching.

Small mod that add's the Ghillie suit as an equipment. Just one were I can choose a ghillie suit from an ammo box, have it as equipment, and be able to wear it by using the ACE key > Ghillie suit > Wear. something like that would be really nice!!!

I really like that and I had the similar idea in my head, that would of be very useful for SpecOps lie taking ghillie suit wearing it, going somewhere in deep grass and wait for enemies to move on :'O I wish to see that