(^ MGS pack masterkey needs to be able to use buckshot ammo. Otherwise great mod.)

I would like to see realistic body armour (already modelled, but doesn't actually provide realistic protection) that is ACE wounds compatable.*

Armour piercing rounds, ball rounds and more (for example, for the 5.56x45mm: m855a1 ball rounds, m995 AP rounds [these would pass through the body armour easilly but actually do less damage to a unit], and mk318 rounds).

It would involve a seperate and new damage value in an ammo's config called bodyarmour_damage (like how ACE has vehicle_damage which is seperate to normal damage).

The armour has 'health' (after a few shots it becomes broken/inneffective. When ceramic armour is shattered, it can not stop bullets because it is designed to work in one piece [there is an advanced physics explaination that I don't understand :D])

Because it would work with ace wounds, velocity of the round at time of impact is used in damage formula and would allow for rounds to only penetrate or do damage to armour at certain speeds.

If anyone knows how to do this and would like to make a mod like this, please PM me, I have information regarding penetration of armour and different ammunition.

*If it wouldn't be ace wounds compatable, some improvements to the current AIS module like bleed out times and soldiers providing first aid while medics actually heal would make the mod more realistic than ace wounds anyway :)

You want a juggernaut? :P

Does anyone remember from OFP an addon that was the space ship Eagle One from Space 1999? I can not find a link for it anywere on the net. If anyone has it could you please PM me the file? Thanks in advance.

You want a juggernaut? :P

I want realistic simulation of body armour, this is a sim, not some kids call of duty where everything has to be balanced or "it's not fair".

I also would like multiple ammunition types so that Russians can kill USA and vice versa with armour piercing rounds like normal, but standard ball rounds have little effect on armour so guerillas might have to try and steal some armour piercing bullets, use explosives, or use stealth + headshots or lots of bullets to kill NATO and russia.

I want to see this beautiful machine flying and killing bastards on Arma 2 :p Plus Ill do everything i can to help you with the convertion, cuz im a big fan of this awesome piece of... OMG!! here is some info:

"The Northrop F-5A/B Freedom Fighter and F-5E/F Tiger II are part of a family of widely-used light supersonic fighter aircraft, designed and built by Northrop. Hundreds remain in service in air forces around the world in the early 21st century, and the type has also been the basis for a number of other aircraft."

Real footage:

f-5-fach-1.jpg

File:Northrop_F-5E_(Tail_No._01557)_061006-F-1234S-073.jpg

220px-Formation_of_three_aggressor_F-5E_aircraft_061006-F-1234S-072.jpg

220px-IRIAF_Northrop_F-5E_Tiger_II_Talebzadeh.jpg

.p3d Model footage:

arma2oa2011-09-2520-31-07-81.jpg

arma2oa2011-09-2520-32-32-12.jpg

f5.png

Arma 1 in-game footage:

f51xt5.jpg

f53su8.jpg

Edited by LastKossack

bf3-us-assault.png?v=137

USMC with that helmet (looking like that helmet) and gear (maybe kinda like TF86 Seals but with that helmet)

And an M16 with the butt wrapped like that.

I want to see this beautiful machine flying and killing bastards on Arma 2 :p Plus Ill do everything i can to help you with the convertion, cuz im a big fan of this awesome piece of... OMG!! here is some info:

I hope you were able to get permissions to port that.

There is already one available in VTE in fact its the same bird.

If you did get permissions and need any help please feel free to PM me. I've done alot of work porting OFP models to Arma and Arma2 and i would be happy to give you any support you need.

good luck.

I would love to see a mission that is on the same scale of Operation Talismen Saber ( any Aussie would know what i an talking about) with a playable map of Australia so i could recreate Op Talismen Saber as i already have the units required, i now need the batlle feild to go with it.

Arrowhead again needs a compass that should be readable a much larger size

I agree on the compass. Even if it isn't made larger at least make it so that I can see it without reflection of the sun. Almost 90% of the time I cannot read the compass at all because of the reflection of the sun. It doesn't seem to matter what position I put myself in either. So, it makes the compass basically useless at times.

Are there any stand alone compass mods out there?

bf3-rus-assault.png?w=110&h=300bf3-rus-engineer.png?w=155&h=300assaultmini.png

Click to see larger images

Could someone point me to some units that look kinda like these? Russian units like those above. And US units that look like that USMC, with that helmet. If there aren't any, then it's a request. Not looking for colors as much as for the gear/clothing.

Edited by antoineflemming

Dude, just come out and say it.

Kindly make me all the characters from the last five years' worth of FPSs.

Doesn't that feel better? :icon_eek:

Dude, just come out and say it.
Kindly make me all the characters from the last five years' worth of FPSs.

Doesn't that feel better? :icon_eek:

vL6R0.gif

what game are they anyway? All jokes aside it'd be nice to see some OPFOR variety

what game are they anyway? All jokes aside it'd be nice to see some OPFOR variety

everything single request from this lad is either from COD Nth - Ninja Wars or Battlefield Medal of Honour or BF Bad Boyz

everything single request from this lad is either from COD Nth - Ninja Wars or Battlefield Medal of Honour or BF Bad Boyz

I'm sorry I don't want to request the Nth reskin of BIS OA units or ArmA2 FR reskins, or TF86 reskins, or Jonny's SF reskins. As RabidStoat said, it'd be nice for a change to actually see some variety instead of getting yet ANOTHER OA Delta Force reskin. No offense to people like massi, but reskins get old quick. And I'm sorry if you're offended that other games make better looking models, but they do. Deal with it. I'd take player models like those in America's Army (better than OA's US Army units) or Battlefield 3 (whose SP Marines are better than ArmA2's) over ArmA's player models any day. ArmA's a good simulator. But it's not God's gift to man. It actually DOES have shortcomings. But of course, the ultra ArmA fanboys who've only known and played ArmA will disagree with me. The same people who'd rather ArmA3 remain like ArmA2 instead of bringing in things that they feel would "taint and ruin" their precious experience.

I'm sorry I don't want to request the Nth reskin of BIS OA units or ArmA2 FR reskins, or TF86 reskins, or Jonny's SF reskins. As RabidStoat said, it'd be nice for a change to actually see some variety instead of getting yet ANOTHER OA Delta Force reskin. No offense to people like massi, but reskins get old quick. And I'm sorry if you're offended that other games make better looking models, but they do. Deal with it

Oh god...The drama...There are shortcomings to A2, and there will prly be in A3 some just as well. ArmA fanboys as you said it are well aware of it.

New models are cool, and i know of some that are being worked on (including russian side).

That said, those models from BF3, MW3 or whatever you have hard on for are not really the best thing you should be requesting. Want to request something, i am certain that a few HD pictures as reference would help an addon maker much more than some modeles available in X or Y game. Get my drift?

I'd take player models like those in America's Army (better than OA's US Army units) or Battlefield 3 (whose SP Marines are better than ArmA2's) over ArmA's player models any day.

Well, who's stopping you to do just that? Get a modelling software and get to work then.

Oh god...The drama...There are shortcomings to A2, and there will prly be in A3 some just as well. ArmA fanboys as you said it are well aware of it.

New models are cool, and i know of some that are being worked on (including russian side).

That said, those models from BF3, MW3 or whatever you have hard on for are not really the best thing you should be requesting. Want to request something, i am certain that a few HD pictures as reference would help an addon maker much more than some modeles available in X or Y game. Get my drift?

Well, who's stopping you to do just that? Get a modelling software and get to work then.

It's the REQUEST thread, not the WIP thread. If it were something I were starting on, I WOULDN'T be posting in this thread. It's for people to choose whether to accept it or not, not for people like you to criticize someone's request. If you don't like the request, then simply don't f'ing respond. And last time I checked, I don't see any criteria for making a particular request. Which means I can request whatever the hell I want to request without your permission or your opinion about what is BEST for me to request.

Edited by antoineflemming

Your requests are frequent, atypical for the community, and I guess boring to some members, so people discuss that. It is a forum, right?

Edited by Max Power

I hope you were able to get permissions to port that.

There is already one available in VTE in fact its the same bird.

If you did get permissions and need any help please feel free to PM me. I've done alot of work porting OFP models to Arma and Arma2 and i would be happy to give you any support you need.

good luck.

ok, so im was searching the F-5 everywhere!! that just insane, VTE is the answer, so about the model im getting permissions from Dragon44 the original author "via" msn, if you want the model's permissions just tell me cuz Im checking that VTE F5A TY very much :D

I'd like to see more Central Asian and Caucasus's nations in the game. I see these region being a great boiling point for a possible future WW3. With all the world superpowers piled into one region it doesn't seem that farfetched, Russia, Iran, China and now the ever present NATO forces, U.S, Canada, Britain etc.

I'd like to see the addition of Countries like Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan, as well as the Turkmen, Uzbek, Tajik, and Kyrgy Armed Forces. I would more-so prefer the Azerbaijani and Kazakh as It fits well in my made-up campaign where Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kryrgystan, and Tajikstan were unified in a military coup to form the nation of Turkestan, played by the Takistani army. The Turkestani's allied themselves with Russia and Iran and are fighting for control of the Caspian, and Azerbaijan is holding NATO Forces and are likley to be invaded.:confused:

I'm also surprised no one has attemted (to my knowledge) Pakistani Army. Probly because we are not sure whether to make them Opfor or Bluefor :rolleyes:.

I don't expect all these requests to get done. Like I said earlier though, I think this area of the world has all the ingredients to erupt into global conflict, if not in real world most certainly can in the Armaverse.

Edited by mattyfo

I'm also surprised no one has attemted (to my knowledge) Pakistani Army. Probly because we are not sure whether to make them Opfor or Bluefor.

Vilas has made both Pakistani and Indian soldiers in his weaponholders pack. The Pakistanis are listed under BLUFOR, while the Indians are listed under Independent.

I'm sorry I don't want to request the Nth reskin of BIS OA units or ArmA2 FR reskins, or TF86 reskins, or Jonny's SF reskins. As RabidStoat said, it'd be nice for a change to actually see some variety instead of getting yet ANOTHER OA Delta Force reskin. No offense to people like massi, but reskins get old quick. And I'm sorry if you're offended that other games make better looking models, but they do. Deal with it. I'd take player models like those in America's Army (better than OA's US Army units) or Battlefield 3 (whose SP Marines are better than ArmA2's) over ArmA's player models any day. ArmA's a good simulator. But it's not God's gift to man. It actually DOES have shortcomings. But of course, the ultra ArmA fanboys who've only known and played ArmA will disagree with me. The same people who'd rather ArmA3 remain like ArmA2 instead of bringing in things that they feel would "taint and ruin" their precious experience.

You know what gets old quick? Seeing the nth BF3 promo pic appear in this thread. Say "make me everything from BF3 in ArmA 2" and have done with it.

Oh, and can someone please make me this map.

bf3-metro-2-200x120.jpg

Oh and don't say that Chernarus is like this map because it's NOT.

Edited by CameronMcDonald
ArmA 3 not released yet oshi lollerskating up the empire state bldng

I'm wondering if there are any hand weapon mods for A2? I would like to add a bow, spear or something similiar to my "Natives" unit.

Please reply to my PM as I don't watch this topic.

I'm wondering if there are any hand weapon mods for A2? I would like to add a bow, spear or something similiar to my "Natives" unit.

Please reply to my PM as I don't watch this topic.

From memory the "John" campaign used a bow. Has been a while though. Ask Mondkalb I guess.